Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
New plot twist just dropped: Maki is in an illegal street racing gang and is the secret drift queen of Kumon-mi. She's got a fake decoy license plate over her real license plate. And everyone keeps telling her to drive faster... almost like they are used to her going at 100mph:unsure::unsure::unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
So, Ayane probably knew his name from the start, right?

Because Sekai always calls him Aki-kun.
I don't think in a language sense the name Aki can be traced back to Akira in reverse, as Aki itself can function as a completely different given name. Ayane more or less was simply brainstorming ideas, otherwise we might have to force assign meaning to the fact that Ayane brought up the name Ai, a name that coincidentally belongs to one of the upside down house residents.

Still, I agree that Ayane should be one of those girls that naturally knows his name because of her background and portrayed personalities. Alas, there are also girls who I think they should've known his name due to common sense but apparently don't know because reasons (take Imani for example). So I guess the name matter for me is on a "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeSkel15

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
New plot twist just dropped: Maki is in an illegal street racing gang and is the secret drift queen of Kumon-mi. She's got a fake decoy license plate over her real license plate. And everyone keeps telling her to drive faster... almost like they are used to her going at 100mph:unsure::unsure::unsure:
This somehow makes me laugh quite hard, I don't know why :LOL:

I have to look up what this LA plate is about and apparently it turns out to be a reference to some Counter Strike stuff; that's a proper gaming trivia I didn't know I'd learn from this game (or maybe it has a deeper origin that's probably less interesting lol)

• Haha
Reactions: Apollo259

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't think in a language sense the name Aki can be traced back to Akira in reverse, as Aki itself can function as a completely different given name. Ayane more or less was simply brainstorming ideas, otherwise we might have to force assign meaning to the fact that Ayane brought up the name Ai, a name that coincidentally belongs to one of the upside down house residents.
That's plausible, but it's a very distant jump to associate brainstorming Ai with another random character called Ai (that Ayane doesn't seem to know about), and literally naming the son of a person called Akira, as Aki (which is also what Sekai calls him all the time).

What she's doing there would be taking his name and applying it to his son, which she just did with Ami too, by borrowing her name to give to her daughter. Also, there's this sense of "I just like people that start with the letter a, like Ayane and Akira" - there's no evidence to prove this, but it would also make sense if she said that and he just blocked it out.

Again, this doesn't really mean anything and I think was just there in order to prepare us for the eventual reveal, but I would veer into the interpretation of her knowing and it being relevant to both suggestions.

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
So you're saying Maki's theme should be Gas Gas Gas by Manuel. Actually makes sense.

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
So, has Selebus ever commented on a love for spider girls ever? I'm trying to decide if the early game associations between spiders and sexuality are intentional, there's something weird and psychosexual going on that's maybe slightly subconcious, or I'm reading into things too far and it's just as simple as ""gross" animal + sex = ick"
But my sample size is that one happy event (you know the one), the first futaba H scene, and Sana decorating her room with spiders.
There's also Kaori. There might be something there with the weird Sekai stuff going on with her, but also if it's more of a psychological thing Sel really likes Kaori and her tattoo is literally on her cleavage.

I'm also beginning to wonder if arthropods have significance in general. Butterfly imagery is common in really prominent ways (hairpins, memories), Imani seeming to be a bit of a bug nerd. Also again the way they're used for grossout moments in happy scenes. There's also a recurring fly motif going on in a couple early New Hope Cathedral events, right?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So, has Selebus ever commented on a love for spider girls ever? I'm trying to decide if the early game associations between spiders and sexuality are intentional, there's something weird and psychosexual going on that's maybe slightly subconcious, or I'm reading into things too far and it's just as simple as ""gross" animal + sex = ick"
But my sample size is that one happy event (you know the one), the first futaba H scene, and Sana decorating her room with spiders.
There's also Kaori. There might be something there with the weird Sekai stuff going on with her, but also if it's more of a psychological thing Sel really likes Kaori and her tattoo is literally on her cleavage.

I'm also beginning to wonder if arthropods have significance in general. Butterfly imagery is common in really prominent ways (hairpins, memories), Imani seeming to be a bit of a bug nerd. Also again the way they're used for grossout moments in happy scenes. There's also a recurring fly motif going on in a couple early New Hope Cathedral events, right?
There's also a vast association with eggs, so maybe it's about things that come from eggs? Butterflies could double as beautiful things that emerge once they shed their skin (which is what Akira is told to do), and the rest are maybe the example of bad things that come from that? Sekai's tongue feels like a slug, and she laid disgusting things inside of him. On the first happy event, Akira crawls out of Am I Okay's vagina, and so do the spiders.

The animal with Nodoka and Makoto seem to be a bird though, so maybe there's no deeper meaning to spiders themselves outside of him thinking it was fitting for that specific scenario, feeling or god.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021

What's not to love about super sexy spiders? All those long thin legs, gorgeous cephalothoraces, and those big thicc abdomens... so many eyes, all trained on you and those pedipalps twitching in anticipation of caressing you as they sexily sink their sensual fangs into your supple flesh...
fdbv.gif

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Spiders seem related to Pareidolia aka the Concerned god. Kaori seems to be it's Mistress and the Queen of Spiders. The Concerned Book 9 in the Life of Prizes Reset was called "The Dark" and had a spider mentioned. Then during the last Halloween and Reset, which was under Pareidolia's control, it seemed to mention Sensei was caught in it's web, and spiders would later be shown crawling around the bullets:

Butterflies and most other insects seem related to Sekai as she seemed to love bugs, and mentioned them in her poetry. She also usually wears a butterfly hair pin which Imani, and sometimes Touka wears.

Futaba was actually reading a book with a Butterfly on it, last we saw her:
There's also a vast association with eggs, so maybe it's about things that come from eggs? Butterflies could double as beautiful things that emerge once they shed their skin (which is what Akira is told to do), and the rest are maybe the example of bad things that come from that? Sekai's tongue feels like a slug, and she laid disgusting things inside of him. On the first happy event, Akira crawls out of Am I Okay's vagina, and so do the spiders.

The animal with Nodoka and Makoto seem to be a bird though, so maybe there's no deeper meaning to spiders themselves outside of him thinking it was fitting for that specific scenario, feeling or god.
The egg stuff may be referring to Spider Eggs. A spider lays eggs which creates more spiders. A predator grooms a victim which creates more predators.

Spiders are venomous little predators that capture unsuspecting victims that are usually smaller, then inject them with their venom, and devour them while they struggle to even struggle. They also prefer the dark.

Somewhat fitting considering Sensei, which may be why he crawls out of the same hole as spiders in 'The Room With Clocks' Happy Event. That hole which happened to belong to a victim of his, that he "feasted" on and may have "laid eggs" in.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I know we give Nodoka a lot of shit, but I'll be damned if I didn't laugh with her introduction lol

Also, stuff I didn't remember about Nodoka - she's apparently from out the barrier (???) [EDIT: nevermind, I now understand that's what they call the outermost part of the city but still inside the barrier], and also from her first meeting perhaps knows Akira's name?

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
The egg stuff may be referring to Spider Eggs. A spider lays eggs which creates more spiders. A predator grooms a victim which creates more predators.

Spiders are venomous little predators that capture unsuspecting victims that are usually smaller, then inject them with their venom, and devour them while they struggle to even struggle. They also prefer the dark.

Somewhat fitting considering Sensei, which may be why he crawls out of the same hole as spiders in 'The Room With Clocks' Happy Event. That hole which happened to belong to a victim of his, that he "feasted" on and may have "laid eggs" in.
I find this rather insightful, thank you.

Reactions: DeSkel15

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So maybe this is how Otoha knows about Sekai?

Nodoka says her main interest in incest, Otoha seems to be a shotacon/brocon - she goes to Nodoka for inspiration for songs, Nodoka tells her to read Sekai's stuff. Then it would stand to reason that Nodoka knows that Otoha knows of Sekai, because she herself recommended the poems, and Otoha used them in her songs. I mean, it seems plausible.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes