Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
As for Maya - I like her character but I still can't help but feel like she did something terrible as well that pulled Sensei away from Niki/Noriko.
She definitely did something. I wrote a post about this some days ago, but the gist of it is that, from Noriko's story, Maya was the one that forced him to abandon her the second time (first time was because of Sekai's death). From her telling it seems he really ghosted them hard. After about a year of searching, one day she saw him on the streets with someone (most likely Maya), and ran out to hug him. Then this person did something again which put the nail on the coffin.

So yeah, I'm betting on blackmail and/or kissing him right in the middle of the streets so that they'd never go back to the old district. During her sex scene in chapter 4, new Maya roleplays blackmailing him to fuck her, so that reinforces the possibility. She also says that she's doing her part of the deal of keeping their relationship a secret, so maybe she does such a good job because she was the one that outted it before idk. I'm curious.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It seems like USER2/Wire god also does the white eyes possession thing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And Sekai (and presumably her Angels, the black ones) does it too:

I don't think it's distinct enough to be indicative of a specific being's actions, by itself. It occurs a little too "randomly" and consistently:
Wait, what? Sekai has her own angels? Also, I thought Tsuneyo was being possessed by HOPE when she had white eyes, since what she's saying is very in tone with HOPE mantra.

At least until this particular scene with Ami in the beach christmas, all white eyes were involved with HOPE, I'll be paying extra attention to it moving forwards. The scene with the Makoto/Futaba threesome also seems aligned with HOPE, but maybe I have to rewatch.

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
She definitely did something. I wrote a post about this some days ago, but the gist of it is that, from Noriko's story, Maya was the one that forced him to abandon her the second time (first time was because of Sekai's death). From her telling it seems he really ghosted them hard. After about a year of searching, one day she saw him on the streets with someone (most likely Maya), and ran out to hug him. Then this person did something again which put the nail on the coffin.

So yeah, I'm betting on blackmail and/or kissing him right in the middle of the streets so that they'd never go back to the old district. During her sex scene in chapter 4, new Maya roleplays blackmailing him to fuck her, so that reinforces the possibility. She also says that she's doing her part of the deal of keeping their relationship a secret, so maybe she does such a good job because she was the one that outted it before idk. I'm curious.
Also of note in one of the few scenes Noriko and Maya interact w/o yelling at each other, Maya references that Noriko "broke the rules" and came to an area she wasn't supposed to. Like they divided up the city in areas that Sensei could visit them w/o seeing the other one around?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Wait, what? Sekai has her own angels? Also, I thought Tsuneyo was being possessed by HOPE when she had white eyes, since what she's saying is very in tone with HOPE mantra.

At least until this particular scene with Ami in the beach christmas, all white eyes were involved with HOPE, I'll be paying extra attention to it moving forwards. The scene with the Makoto/Futaba threesome also seems aligned with HOPE, but maybe I have to rewatch.
Yasu's god/HOPE is presumably asleep in Spring:
HOPE doesn't seem active in Chapter 4. Frankly, it hasn't seemed all that active since Yasu mentioned being unable to hear it after her 'Glossolalia' Event, in her 'The River Styx' Chapter 3 Event:
Right before Makoto found out about her dad, and Yumi attacked Nodoka.

Yasu's god also seems weak in Winter:
And seems weaker at night:

HOPE, specifically, seemed to leave in the 'Trinity Pt. III: Non Est Deus' Happy Event, and didn't seem to return until 'The Light of Last Summer' Chapter 2 Main Event:
Which is virtually all of Chapter 2 and Winter.

Basically, HOPE doesn't seem to be involved much outside of Summer. (Chapter 1 and 3)

As for the Timeskip:

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I like that Touka's interruption actually turns into a point where she is secretly happy she stopped the kiss cause she's got feels and is jealous too.
Akira makes a very good point that immediately redeems Touka too.

I mean, either of them could have exploded right there.

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
yeah, we're all crying here, it's not like I need water in my body.

No theories, no funny lines, just tears and a best girl.
There's such a great emotional triple hit right around there. The date with Noriko on the beach (that one might just be a me thing, but her song just goes right to the feels), that scene with Maya, and then the sequence with Niki walking around the city pointing out where her and Akira used to hang out was just incredibly well-done. I can only think of a few other scenes in anything I've played (not just VNs, but in general) that got me emotionally as well as that.

Aug 20, 2021
The date with Noriko on the beach (that one might just be a me thing, but her song just goes right to the feels)
Nahh, it definitely isn’t just you. “Smells Of Summer” is a great song and hits me in the feels too. I thought it was a really sweet gesture that Noriko wrote a song for Akira and straight up performed it for him. This is just one of many reasons I will continue to root for Noriko for my personal endgame.

But yeah, again, love the song. Tbh I listen to a lot of this game’s soundtrack unironically because there’s just too many bangers to keep track of.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023
Last seen update: 40. I will come back one year later(and not 1.5 since the contract is actually 1, 2, 3 year of service variation) and check if the chapter is done by then. Hopefully we will have Yumi and long awaited Rin h-scene by then

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Man, Yumi after the beachmas is just so sad (aka Yumi finally confesses her feelings).

She straight up admits to Akira that she liked him but then had to rethink the whole thing because of the Nodoka episode, then she thinks he's asking her to sleep with him to deal with the memory issues (and seems to be considering it), then Chika has to cuck her again (because Chika either suspects or knows already). Then she admits she likes him even after the Nodoka crap. Poor Yumi deserves way more.

Poor Yumi.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
Man, Yumi after the beachmas is just so sad (aka Yumi finally confesses her feelings).

She straight up admits to Akira that she liked him but then had to rethink the whole thing because of the Nodoka episode, then she thinks he's asking her to sleep with him to deal with the memory issues (and seems to be considering it), then Chika has to cuck her again (because Chika either suspects or knows already). Then she admits she likes him even after the Nodoka crap. Poor Yumi deserves way more.

Poor Yumi.
For the Nodoka scene with Yumi, there's a route where Yumi ignores Nodoka's blackmail threats and leaves without exposing herself. And the trigger for this route is whether or not Chika told Yumi about her and Sensei.

If Chika told Yumi about them being a couple, Yumi doesn't believe that Nodoka's blackmail will harm her and Chika's relationship. This is because Chika knows that if she told Yumi that they were a thing, Yumi wouldn't go behind Chika's back, and would trust Yumi over Nodoka.

However, if Chika didn't tell Yumi about them being a couple, then Chika believes that Yumi might have actually made a move since Chika already sorta suspects that Yumi likes Sensei. Which is why Yumi takes the blackmail a lot more seriously.

But yeah, in the route where Yumi does stay, we get the first actual confirmation of her feelings in the game.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
But yeah, in the route where Yumi does stay, we get the first actual confirmation of her feelings in the game.
For the scene where she stays it's Nodoka that implies that Yumi has feelings for Akira (at most you could surmise she has feelings because she chooses to masturbate rather than to watch him get a blowjob, but that's not a confession). For the actual confession, which happens in Moon-touched, there's no real difference to the confession part. It just changes the bit before it.

• Sad

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
For the scene where she stays it's Nodoka that implies that Yumi has feelings for Akira (at most you could surmise she has feelings because she chooses to masturbate rather than to watch him get a blowjob, but that's not a confession). For the actual confession, which happens in Moon-touched, there's no real difference to the confession part. It just changes the bit before it.

Yeah. I guess that scene is more for Yumi, as it seems like she kinda realizes it herself at that moment w/ Nodoka.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes