Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
On the subject of names, I believe you all have said Io is pronounced Eee-Oh so I was wondering, in this scene is Yuki saying Eye, short for Eye-oh, or just basically hey?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
On the subject of names, I believe you all have said Io is pronounced Eee-Oh so I was wondering. in this scene is Yuki saying Eye, short for Eye-oh, or just basically hey?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's more or less slang for "hey now". If Yuki was going to give Io a nickname, it'd probably be Io-chan. Similar to how she calls Tsuneyo "Tsu-chan".

Ay also probably sounds more like "A" or "Eh", than "Eye". Aye sounds more like "I" or "Eye".

Then again, I'm the same dumbass who thought Io's name was "Lo" for like, hours...so..

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
While we are one the subject, how do you pronounce Ami? I've been calling her Amy in my head.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's more or less slang for "hey now". If Yuki was going to give Io a nickname, it'd probably be Io-chan. Similar to how she calls Tsuneyo "Tsu-chan".

Ay also probably sounds more like "A" or "Eh", than "Eye". Aye sounds more like "I" or "Eye".

Then again, I'm the same dumbass who thought Io's name was "Lo" for like, hours...so..
Yuki saying "Ay" sounds in my mind exactly like the Fonz saying it in Happy Days.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes