DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, Ayane probably knew his name from the start, right?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Because Sekai always calls him Aki-kun.
Ayane, and probably Sana, both should know Sensei's name. They've known him for at least around 4 to 5 years by the time the game starts, and he wasn't even their Teacher until recently.

Unlike Ami, Maya, and Noriko who have implied they knew his name, and simply called him Sensei, I don't seem to recall if it's the same with Ayane and Sana.

Also, in retrospect, if the Shapeshifter's actual name turns out to be Ami Arakawa and she's just Sensei's little Himawari (sunflower), I'm going to have to laugh a little, which would fit what the Shapeshifter has said about her name, now that I think about it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Are you probably not wrong that Nodoka could know -or at least at this point in time remember more- of her work. But i somehow have trouble believing that his name Akira was literally used in the peoms, when from everything i remember has been told about the author is how much she valued her anonymity. Using real names would somehow against that. Dont you think?
Well, there could be some stuff outside the poems, i.e. letters, information from Kyoko who might have known Sekai, etc etc. I wouldn't like to dig deeper then Selebus did so I don't actualy care about what it was

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Huh, i just did realise something. We know Ayanes mother is gone and her father doesnt really cares about her for whatever reason. So how come she is allowed to do basically what she wants, including spending a lot of monies. Okay, i remember buying the dojo was above the limit. But still.

So... is her relationship with her father one like, here is money, but love i dont have anything left to give? :unsure:

Well, there could be some stuff outside the poems, i.e. letters, information from Kyoko who might have known Sekai, etc etc. I wouldn't like to dig deeper then Selebus did so I don't actualy care about what it was
What do you mean by dig deeper?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Whats up with that adoption line? Is there another version of the game? In mine she says she wants 7 children.
Oh, it's from the hug boy (censored version), I'm playing with URM and it must have gotten mixed in there since I keep checking the variations.

Also in retrospect if the Shapeshifter's actual name turns out to be Ami Arakawa and she's just Sensei's little Himawari (sunflower), I'm going to have to laugh a little, which would fit what the Shapeshifter has said about her name, now that I think about it.
I would like that. It would be heartwarming even. Maybe that is what calmed Ayane down? Cause if Himawari says that everything will be fine cause in the future Aunt Ami even let their child be called Ami, it would be the strongest proof she was not going to hurt Ayane.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Huh, i just did realise something. We know Ayanes mother is gone and her father doesnt really cares about her for whatever reason. So how come she is allowed to do basically what she wants, including spending a lot of monies. Okay, i remember buying the dojo was above the limit. But still.

So... is her relationship with her father one like, here is money, but love i dont have anything left to give? :unsure:
I'd assume he blames her for her mother going away, or that Ayane reminds him too much of her. Probably the latter, as that would explain why he gives her so much money. It's not that he hates her, and more that looking at her is too difficult probably.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I would like that. It would be heartwarming even. Maybe that is what calmed Ayane down? Cause if Himawari says that everything will be fine cause in the future Aunt Ami even let their child be called Ami, it would be the strongest proof she was not going to hurt Ayane.
Ironically, that'd make The Shapeshifter biologically Ami's half-sister/cousin (depending on whether Sensei is her Uncle or Dad), and I guess through friendship with Ayane her goddaughter, since she's already implied she'd raise Ayane's baby.

Assuming the Shapeshifter/Himawari is Sensei's and Ayane's.

Edit: Not to mention if someone marries Sensei, they'd become Ami's step-mother/aunt.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Btw, for those aware that the Shapeshifter claimed to be seemingly Sensei's "little sunflower":

"Sunflower" not only translates to "Himawari" in Japanese, but from Sensei's perspective... it probably translates to:
In other words: Pussy/Vagina.

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
Btw, for those aware that the Shapeshifter claimed to be seemingly Sensei's "little sunflower":

"Sunflower" not only translates to "Himawari" in Japanese, but from Sensei's perspective... it probably translates to:
In other words: Pussy/Vagina.
Hilarious. Sounds like something new Maya would say. Also, hot. Need Himawari sex NOW.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
say WHAT now?

Let's fall even deeper into the wishing well until we can learn to make sense of this how to smile then. Praise be!

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
say WHAT now?

Let's fall even deeper into the wishing well until we can learn to make sense of this how to smile then. Praise be!
So this is why Futaba hasn't had too much of a storyline lately. She's too busy secretly being god.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
say WHAT now?

Considering Futaba's link to the Upside Down stuff, being nice, and being Concerned, I'd think Spring/Pareidolia's chapter will have her involved quite a bit.

The next update should have some events for her, so we'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squalicorax

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
New plot twist just dropped: Maki is in an illegal street racing gang and is the secret drift queen of Kumon-mi. She's got a fake decoy license plate over her real license plate. And everyone keeps telling her to drive faster... almost like they are used to her going at 100mph:unsure::unsure::unsure:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
So, Ayane probably knew his name from the start, right?

Because Sekai always calls him Aki-kun.
I don't think in a language sense the name Aki can be traced back to Akira in reverse, as Aki itself can function as a completely different given name. Ayane more or less was simply brainstorming ideas, otherwise we might have to force assign meaning to the fact that Ayane brought up the name Ai, a name that coincidentally belongs to one of the upside down house residents.

Still, I agree that Ayane should be one of those girls that naturally knows his name because of her background and portrayed personalities. Alas, there are also girls who I think they should've known his name due to common sense but apparently don't know because reasons (take Imani for example). So I guess the name matter for me is on a "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeSkel15

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
New plot twist just dropped: Maki is in an illegal street racing gang and is the secret drift queen of Kumon-mi. She's got a fake decoy license plate over her real license plate. And everyone keeps telling her to drive faster... almost like they are used to her going at 100mph:unsure::unsure::unsure:
This somehow makes me laugh quite hard, I don't know why :LOL:

I have to look up what this LA plate is about and apparently it turns out to be a reference to some Counter Strike stuff; that's a proper gaming trivia I didn't know I'd learn from this game (or maybe it has a deeper origin that's probably less interesting lol)

• Haha
Reactions: Apollo259
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes