aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Do you know, you just inspired a thought. Do you know the science fiction movie ? A scientist wakes up, disoriented, to find the whole world absolutely empty. He runs around looking for people, and finally finds two others. At first they’re all very excited to see each other… but eventually we begin to realize… they’re all a bit out there.

In the end, it turns out
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I’m just now wondering if LiL isn’t somehow similar.
Didn't know of The Quiet Earth, very interesting. I've wondered before if Selebus might have taken some inspiration from Gene Wolfe's story "The Death of Doctor Island". Extremely troubled youths are sent to an isolated location for "therapy" and aren't allowed to leave until they're fixed, but it turns out one of the patients is special and his treatment is prioritized over the others, to the point of having him kill another patient as part of his treatment. I get very similar vibes with broken people being sent to Kumon-mi, but Akira is allowed to take priority over all of the rest. Also chock full of allusions to poetry, the bible, and mythology.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
This is your regular "Maya is Best Girl" segment of the week. Today we take a look on how she was trying to get Akira his memory back from the start. This is from the beginning of the game, from the first time Akira helped her with the boxes.
Final verdict: Maya deserves all the watermelons.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Welp, looks like this topic was addressed just today funny enough.

Well, we don't know about Selebus, but it seems like BigBerk definitely reads our posts. Godspeed Big Berk, please continue to relay our wisdom to him when he can't be bothered to log into his fake account.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Yo, dudes i just reached See You In The Morning, is Futaba bulimic? is that because of Yumi?
Yep, she's got serious body image issues and the static nature of Kumon-Mi means nothing she does actually works, no diet or exercise can actually get her to lose weight so she's stuck in a dysmorphic nightmare... though i think i'd much prefer that over an anorexic Futaba. I quite like my plump Futaba.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
This is a post regarding a possible hint to the identity of the narrator at "Miserably Ever After". Maya says this regarding Noriko recovering Akira's memories:
Well, we surmise that Noriko recovering his memories was a plan orchestrated by someone, most likely Pareidolia with the help of Himawari. Then, fast-forward to chapter 4, keep in mind the "like you're an animal in a fucking zoo".
Well, we know that the ninth god is in league with Pareidolia. On one hand we have the idea of treating him like a zoo animal, and according to Maya, that includes feeding him memories as they need him to remember something. On the other:
Could it be that the narrator is employing the same strategy as Maya? Instead of treating Akira like a zoo animal, she's trying to have him do it by himself. Maya tried to have him recover his memories by himself and that failed. Narrator tries to have him exit auto-pilot to deal with it himself, and that fails. It's the same logic behind both decisions - and both are linked to a refusal of treating him like a zoo animal.

As to the narrator's experience with Wires, I draw a blank there. Himawari has a confimed relation to Wires insofar as she's seen with Noodles during Glued to the Sky.
Potentially, Maya has an ever greater relation to Wires given that she can't go to the old district, she seems to recognize Wires during "Scary Room" (even if it isn't Wires, it was masquerading as him), and it could be the god she prays to during resets (unless it's NAO).

Anyway, mainly I noticed the zoo animal thing. It could point out to the narrator of "Miserably Ever After" being Maya.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes