PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Why would the others not accept Pareidolia hmmmmm.Is it because they share the same goal but Pareidolias way of achieving it is too...barbaric?Is that what it is?Are the gods just ethically correct cunts?

Realistically though i would accept for hope to,at the very least sympathize with Pareidolia.I mean Hope with his whole "YOU MUST TAKE SOMETHING THAT ISNT YOURS" and "FOR HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP RUNNING?" stick is eerily similar with Pareidolia.But i suppose that Hopes obsession is soley on akira.

But yea it seems that with the non existant info we have now for some reason Pareidola is an outsider,an outcast,something that no god accepts.
We have little reason to think that the users want the same things. They're all out for their own interests or themselves. Their end goals may necessitate similar actions (such as a sacrifice, Akira impregnating or using girls, etc.) but that's most likely because causing Akira to be restored or destroyed, or gaining something from the actions is what gives them power or leads to their desired endgoal. Wires and Hope certainly aren't aligned, and Pareidolia pretty blatantly wants to take over for himself and dislikes the others. Each one being represented by a different season and as a being of light or dark is pretty telling, too.

Reactions: aramaug

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
In theory:
  • Calm/USER2 seems to want to maintain Order.
  • Callous/HOPE wants to Fix everything.
  • Concerned/Pareidola wants to "sing" or just have fun.
That's probably why the others don't accept it. It's also cruel and seemed to be the one who crumbled Maya Prime.

HOPE wants Sensei to fuck the girls, but it seems to be more along the lines of it being for their own good. Hence Yasu talking about "saving" them all the time.

USER2 isn't entirely clear, but it seems protective and if Sensei fucking the girls protects them, or is how things are supposed to go, that's probably it's goal. Then again, it's seemed a little bloodthirsty lately through Tsuneyo, so it might also be preparing to Reset things, now that Pareidola got involved.

Pareidola seems to just want Sensei to rape and fuck girls for the most part. Maya Prime being someone who Sensei may stop fucking others for, is possibly the reason why it got rid of her. Also with her gone, it seems to lead to Sensei becoming "The Collector".
I see.So wires wants to maintain order,Hope wants to reform and Pareidolia wants to destory.How nice.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The people there scare me a little, they seem to be all obsessed with Selly :LOL:
Given that anyone who even slightly missteps there is banned, is it any wonder that nothing but lurkers and sycophants are all that remain? They're literally being selected for.

As for the Nodokathon, i'll say again, i quite liked it, the only problem i had with it was it's placement, it felt really out of place both in being placed within the dorm wars, and where it was placed in the scene chain as it dropped right after she publicly demolished Io. That whole patch had issues with it though, it's definitely once of Selly's weakest updates, absolutely crap music, unfunny DW events, boring conversations and poorly timed scene arrangements. Nodokathon should've just been it's own thing.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
My take on Pareidolia is that his main goal is simply gaining and maintaining power by any means necessary. Beyond that, he enjoys fucking with people for his own sadistic amusement.

He's been forced to sit on the sidelines for probably millions of years while USER1 and USER2 trade off seasons, never letting him in on the action. So his initial goal was to cause a reset that would bring spring in the first place. I'm still not entirely sure on the specifics of how he accomplished that, but it seemed to involve bringing back Akira's memories so that Sekai could be "restored", likely giving him much more control over Akira's mind, and then ensuring Maya Prime was killed as a sacrifice to save Akira. Since the sixth reset should have brought about winter in the normal cycle, he might also have been responsible for trapping Wires somewhere until he clawed his way out in "TH15 15NT M3" (which would also explain why Big Boy had to do the reset, which Wires probably normally did when Maya asked).

Now he's concerned with maintaining an "infinite spring", because as soon as he falls out of power he's worried that he'll be shut out again. The 0.41 events showed that his plan for this involves Sensei breaking the girls and drowning them in the wishing well. Maybe this is because it will power the well, which could make resets less necessary or give him power of his own as the currently ruling god. Or maybe it will drain the well, breaking the world and forcing the creation of a new one where he thinks he'll be better able to maintain spring. Possibly pointing to the latter is that Ami (probably under the influence of Sekai) calls spring the perfect season on the way to [Terminal] 24.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For more on Terminal/world 24 and "You & Me Against the World", see my post here, which itself quotes a Moonflare post on the same subject. The same post also has my theory that the Great Pareidolia Mall is the remnants of a defunct Terminal/world, which I briefly expanded on in the last bit of my Chapter 1 post here. There's still a lot of lore from "Amy" that I haven't tried tackling yet and would love to hear theories on, like the man in the cage and the frog at the center of the mall that spits out eggs.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021
Given all the hate boners for him here, it's not just them.
Can you blame ‘em? Maybe Selebus could try acting less smug and pretentious for a change and you would see those ‘hate boners’ start to shrink. He’s a talented dude and writer, and his game is my favorite AVN out there, but you can’t deny he has a sour reputation for a reason.

Just looking at his old posts in 2020 here on the forum, you can see how chill and genuine he was at first, before slowly that started to change. It’s all a damn shame, really. I wish things didn’t go south. I wish he was still on here interacting with all the amazing discussion I’ve seen going on in my time on here.

But unfortunately that’s not how things turned out. I genuinely hope one day things may change, but so far it doesn’t seem that way.

Reactions: Pedro4545454
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes