saerav

Jun 8, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah, I see. I think I was still skipping over a lot of texts when it came to these events, I must've gotten the chronology of events wrong. Will have to read more carefully on this 2nd playthrough. Is it ever explained why Noriko doesn't tell Niki about Sensei while he's tutoring her, then?

Well this happens in (or rather right before) the very first reset, and I think that's still during a summer season, but I think she wears this jacket in quite a few of those early events and also out in the hallways when you see her, so what you say is still possible. Maybe she just wrote it off as him waking up on his own.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I did at first but then I grew to hate him and stopped. It's really a credit to the storytelling that I'm still invested despite not being able to relate to the mc.
Well that understandable, for the first chapter or so he was pretty much a blank slate harem MC who was just there to lure girls into sex for our gratification.

Reactions: Riolol

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Well that understandable, for the first chapter or so he was pretty much a blank slate harem MC who was just there to lure girls into sex for our gratification.
That might be what Sel intended which would be why you don't learn his name until chapter 3, by then you are supposed to see him as an actual character instead of a blank slate mc.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That might be what Sel intended which would be why you don't learn his name until chapter 3, by then you are supposed to see him as an actual character instead of a blank slate mc.
Yeah, after the story starts to shift towards the end of chapter 1 i struggle to see why anyone would still be projecting onto him.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Ah, I see. I think I was still skipping over a lot of texts when it came to these events, I must've gotten the chronology of events wrong. Will have to read more carefully on this 2nd playthrough. Is it ever explained why Noriko doesn't tell Niki about Sensei while he's tutoring her, then?
Niki was NOT okay. You can see it in her letters, she was having a full blown mental breakdown over how he ghosted her. Their parents desperately wanted her to move on, and if Noriko had brought him up at all during those that period 1) Niki likely would have gone off the deep end completely, and 2) her parents likely would have pulled the plug on her tutoring.

That this also meant she'd have him all to herself also played a large part.

Once she was reuinited with him again in the classroom, I think she was more inclined to share with Niki because 1) Niki was in a much better headspace 2) Noriko was already going to have to share him with others, so the "all to herself" angle wasn't applicable anymore.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Some things I wanted to ask about:
So, some Niki and Maya timeline stuff:

As for the Maya handjob "dream", I think that was actually Maya breaking a past Sensei in a loop, like she's mentioned she's done:
Sensei just recalled a past version of himself before he "broke" or in other words, a past life moments before being fucked to death by Maya.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Feels weird to say 'us' for this game, i do not at all project onto Akira... no fuckin' way.
I don't even use his name, because I find it hard to humanize him. Hence why I say Sensei. He's just Sensei to me, and I don't equate that with respect or anything. It's just a word that happens to relate to him.

It's ironically the same reason he apparently ignored his first name for so long. Which I find rather funny.

Reactions: rianzz and Riolol

er3z

May 14, 2022
i was about to say how great of an idea it would be to create a r/okbuddysensei subreddit but someone already took the name

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Next cards: Io, Sana, Rin
There is something about this Yumi that somehow makes her +50% cuter than usual; how is it possible? is it because of the uniform/pony tail combo that she never did?

Or maybe it's because this makes her look like somewhat of a good student who just spent some efforts into looking tidy for a professional headshot

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
There is something about this Yumi that somehow makes her +50% cuter than usual; how is it possible? is it because of the uniform/pony tail combo that she never did?

Or maybe it's because this makes her look like somewhat of a good student who just spent some efforts into looking tidy for a professional headshot
It might just be me, but that koikatsu version kind of makes her look more like her mom to me. Take that as you will.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fdsasdf_p

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
There's no way that's the case because she appears SUPER early in the game, you just don't see her before then.
When Sensei buys the scarf for Maya the first time she was there as the shopkeeper, you can pick up on her weird speech pattern and lack of awareness when it comes to prices.

Edit : Oh yeah, and she's also already in this event disguised as Maya, probably.
When you try to get Haruka to call you Husband as a pet name and Maya appears, it must be her in disguise as well, and that was way early in the game if I recall correctly

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes