Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Take a look at some of the more mainstream games on this site (won’t name names) and tbh, I’d say we have it pretty good as far as monthly updates.
KK does also its part. I mean lets be honest, no matter how much work you put into every single pic, it is faster as something hand drawn. So it easily overcomes those. And like i said professionalism and experience of a writer would also help. A lot of people who make games here have never done something like it, nor anything similar. So of course they fail to reach the goals they have set themself. Either because they are not as fast as they thought they could be, or because they lack the professionalism to keep the pace that would needed for that. And i am sure that sel gets surely enough to make this his main job also does help.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Reviewing some moments here I realized something, Maya says that Akira has been "hallucinating" saying things to him since they met.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Taking into account that we know that they are not hallucinations and they are the gods of this world, this leads us to believe that Akira already had contact with the supernatural of this world and possibly did not know it and he himself and whoever he told it to thought that this was really his hallucinations because of his trauma caused by Sekai.

Since apparently it was the same thing with Yasu, she could really talk about it, see the future a little and make people see things and even with that she was still treated as a sick person, something that would most likely happen to Akira and anyone connected in the end of the world.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seeing this I wonder, how long has Akira been connected to the supernatural in this world and he doesn't know it? As far as I remember it was said that his mother was religious and I wonder how religious she was? Taking into account that Akira's brother's name is the name of one of the gods, this leads me to believe that their mother was easily a religious fanatic.

So I really wonder if their mother made some deal with these gods to make them so interested in their family.

because seriously, this really doesn't make sense, the gods could easily find someone crazier than Akira and who would do things to girls much worse and faster than him and yet the gods stay focused on him without looking for anyone else.

It makes me wonder if Akira's brother was also a horrible person or if he was just an innocent guy who got screwed in this environment.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Hm, your post really lets me wonder now if Rons psychical problems have much less to do with her, but with something supernatural. And the reason that hasnt come up for a while now has less to do with sel gotten bored/desinterested in that plotline and more with what supernatural beeing is currently in charge. Does someone maybe remember who of them was in charge when ron was "fine"?

Reactions: Pedro4545454

ganesha2407

Nov 6, 2020
if you didn't fuck Ami, Sara, Haruka, Maki at this point of stories and trying to be "good" did that changed a lot of things?
or you end up at the same point where you're still counted as sinner & bad person?

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Pretty much. Those choices arent something like real routes, more like little differentiations. You will have missed some events on the way, but in the end the overall story wouldnt change one bit.

Edit: Oh, yeah completely forgot about that one when i was talking about why LiL has so fast and regular updates. Like you can see with games that have a whole branching of different routes and every single update takes longer and longer, because all those different routes need content. So much more work, and for people who just play one route, barely any content.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ganesha2407

grimfate56

Jul 23, 2022
if you didn't fuck Ami, Sara, Haruka, Maki at this point of stories and trying to be "good" did that changed a lot of things?
or you end up at the same point where you're still counted as sinner & bad person?
Apart from alternate events/missing events nothing has really been super changed storywise. I think due to the fact Selebus originally went with the goal of a "one true path" through the game, and I believe that would be the route with which you sleep with everyone, as it will lead to the most disaster/hurt for the characters throughout the rest of the game.

I believe the 'sinner and bad person' is throughout no matter what, due to Sensei's past and obvious continual actions regarding his current class despite what the player does. Take for example the first major turn with Yumi where you have to sit and watch as the game forces itself upon her despite your decision not too. The way its trying to present the story is Sensei is and will always be a bad person, whether or not that changes by the end I'm not sure

• Red Heart
Reactions: ganesha2407

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Apart from alternate events/missing events nothing has really been super changed storywise. I think due to the fact Selebus originally went with the goal of a "one true path" through the game, and I believe that would be the route with which you sleep with everyone, as it will lead to the most disaster/hurt for the characters throughout the rest of the game.

I believe the 'sinner and bad person' is throughout no matter what, due to Sensei's past and obvious continual actions regarding his current class despite what the player does. Take for example the first major turn with Yumi where you have to sit and watch as the game forces itself upon her despite your decision not too. The way its trying to present the story is Sensei is and will always be a bad person, whether or not that changes by the end I'm not sure
Oh, you speak my language, i call it the Green Path cause it means no missed events and unmissed events are colored green. I try not to bang on about it but there really is no evidence Selly will respect player choice at any point, he's punished 'mistakes' before and he will again, there is one true path and it's the Green Path™.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Oh, you speak my language, i call it the Green Path cause it means no missed events and unmissed events are colored green. I try not to bang on about it but there really is no evidence Selly will respect player choice at any point, he's punished 'mistakes' before and he will again, there is one true path and it's the Green Path™.
If <past event missed> then <crash to desktop>

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Try again sounds more encouraging as i would ever expect of him. I mean it would make it almost sound like he is respecting the players time. And we all know that is not the case. So:

Play another game!

Edit: But to be fair, people complain there is one true route where you get all the events, i wonder how bad those complains were, when such a route would not even exist and no matter what route you played, you would always miss at least one event per update. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: XO6OT

ganesha2407

Nov 6, 2020
Pretty much. Those choices arent something like real routes, more like little differentiations. You will have missed some events on the way, but in the end the overall story wouldnt change one bit.

Edit: Oh, yeah completely forgot about that one when i was talking about why LiL has so fast and regular updates. Like you can see with games that have a whole branching of different routes and every single update takes longer and longer, because all those different routes need content. So much more work, and for people who just play one route, barely any content.

aight thanks for the answer lad,
at this point I'm already lost where the story gonna be going and when & where did Selebus gonna end it.
i don't even know how many "seeing thing" is true or which God is the one who messed this main problem or even are they even real or imagination & delusional things.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Its going to be annoying if/when it turns out that the "good uncle" option was only added in the first place for some Patron related reason and its just going to lead to a point where the game is no longer progressable. Ending up on a screen that says something along the lines of: "you should have payed attention to all the times I said the game was broken but still let you keep playing to waste your time... something about foreshadowing and perception... all your saves are now deleted".

Dec 31, 2021
I just want to point out that Sel's word count per update is not normal even among professional writers. He may well have been a professional at some point, but the average novel is 75,000 words, and to say that this amount of words is normal for a professional every month is not very realistic. Some authors are truly prolific, and Sel is one of them, but being a professional does not mean that you can just write thousands of words every day all day with no issue. For all of his shortcomings, he is consistently good at writing decent prose at an astonishing rate.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes