Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
Greetings!
I have finally caught up with this game and am now immune to spoilers. I'm excited that I can now read discussions like this one.
This game is the longest single thing I have ever read in my entire life and that fact will weigh heavily on my conscious.
Tsuneyo is best girl and more people need to appreciate Ayane.

manjak8

Jun 27, 2019
Greetings!
I have finally caught up with this game and am now immune to spoilers. I'm excited that I can now read discussions like this one.
This game is the longest single thing I have ever read in my entire life and that fact will weigh heavily on my conscious.
Tsuneyo is best girl and more people need to appreciate Ayane.
base on polls , ayane already one of the most popular ones, so shes super vanilla. Nodoka that's where all the spice is, I go to Arakis

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
base on polls , ayane already one of the most popular ones, so shes super vanilla. Nodoka that's where all the spice is, I go to Arakis
That's good to hear. I haven't seen any of those polls so anything about popular opinion is news to me. I get why Nodoka is controversial too. She's definitely earned it.
Part of the reason I said that thing about Ayane though was that characters in game don't reciprocate her empathy. Specifically, Ami and Maya who don't seem to give a shit about her. That sort of frustrates me.

manjak8

Jun 27, 2019
That's good to hear. I haven't seen any of those polls so anything about popular opinion is news to me. I get why Nodoka is controversial too. She's definitely earned it.
Part of the reason I said that thing about Ayane though was that characters in game don't reciprocate her empathy. Specifically, Ami and Maya who don't seem to give a shit about her. That sort of frustrates me.
polls are from discord

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
What empathy are you referring to exactly? Ayane's rather bad at understanding others or even thinking of things from another's point of view. For example, she used to think of Sensei as "lawful good":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ami actually treated Ayane better than she deserved, imo. Letting Ayane sleep on her:
Checking up on Ayane when she's not feeling well:
And basically being there for her since she was 11:

Maya on the other hand is kind of true. She only really cares about two people besides herself, Ami and Sensei, and she's betrayed Ami's trust for years. Maya doesn't have much reason to care about Ayane, unless food or Sensei is involved, though. She seems to like Sana more, tbh.

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
What empathy are you referring to exactly? Ayane's rather bad at understanding others or even thinking of things from another's point of view. For example, she used to think of Sensei as "lawful good":

Ami actually treated Ayane better than she deserved, imo. Letting Ayane sleep on her:
Checking up on Ayane when she's not feeling well:
And basically being there for her since she was 11:

Maya on the other hand is kind of true. She only really cares about two people besides herself, Ami and Sensei, and she's betrayed Ami's trust for years. Maya doesn't have much reason to care about Ayane, unless food or Sensei is involved, though. She seems to like Sana more, tbh.
Sensei being lawful good is probably just flattery.

I don't think empathy is necessarily about being accurate. It's about being able to feel the emotions you perceive other people having. Ayane has that in spades. Her recent card to Sensei is a good example of that. The way she talks about maya at the end of it isn't something she would say if she were thinking exclusively about her own self interests or if she were inconsiderate of others. She speculates on their relationship and practically encourages it because it might bring comfort to two people who she thinks are hurting. She has her own ambitions and problems sure, but her actions are easily influenced by how others feel. At least when she picks up on those feelings. Which is why she does nothing to stop or even discourage Ami, Maya, or Sana from pursuing sensei.

When maya's callousness comes to bear during reset related topics, Ayane is quick to take issue because she sympathizes with other people. Even if you just watch her expressions in most events her concern for others is obvious.

Ami I have a hard time understanding. When Ayane called her out for being manipulative and fake, I thought she was out of line. But then Ami kind of just admitted to it? It implies that shes just some sort of psychopath who is only acting a role. Even if that's not entirely accurate, the amount of disdain she shows Ayane in chapter 4 makes it really hard to believe she cares about anything but Sensei.

spartannnnnnn

Sep 17, 2023
Well, I've finished chapter 2 and had a few events in chapter3. I think I got a somewhat wild hypothesis that HOPE is quite similar to the Reapers in Mass Effect. It seems like HOPE tend to harvest the emotion or memories, while Reapers harvest existence. Because HOPE always wanted Sensei to devote himself to it. It's just my dumb hypothesis. Hope someone can help me out. ;)

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Even if that's not entirely accurate, the amount of disdain she shows Ayane in chapter 4 makes it really hard to believe she cares about anything but Sensei.
I am not even sure she even cares much about Sensei as a person. But more as a appendage to her.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes