Redzonejoe

Jul 4, 2021
Ah heck. I forgot to edit the gui before running the game and got my saves deleted. I know there are a bunch of save files going around the thread but they're not linked on the first page, can somebody point me to one that's finished version 40? I have URM so I can just edit the values I need if it's a bit different than mine.

Edit: found one on page 1940 that should be pretty close, so I'll work with that unless somebody replies to this with a better one.

edit2: The one I'm using has a few missed scenes. I'll fuck around with URM to try and fix that but I'm not that savvy, so I'm still looking for a completed .40 save if anybody has one.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ayane is the true heroine of this story. With plot armor and everything.

There is hope yet.

Edit: Also, i'm curious about Himawari's next appearance. Since we can't confirm if it was her during the auto-pilot disengage sequence, it will probably be linked to Ayane. She'd probably want one of her mom's t-shirts as well.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
The talk about Amy has me wondering… when the heck do you think we’ll get a new Happy Event? The last one we got was “Rain King” in 0.35, which was 6 updates ago now. On average, there’s usually a Happy Event every few updates or so, though perhaps due to it being Springtime… things are now different.

The longest gap we’ve ever had in between Happy Events was from “Baby Finches” (0.11) to “Something Everyone Knows And Ignores” (0.18p2). That’s a 7 update gap if we count all the ‘parts’ of updates as one, since they released biweekly back then.

That means we’re coming up on the longest Happy Event drought the game’s ever had if we don’t see one by next update (I doubt we will).

It just makes me all the more curious what Springtime Happy Events will entail, anyway… Especially with Akira’s mind more fucked up and prone to influence than ever thanks to this being Pareidolia’s season. The same curiosity extends to resets as well, but that’s another topic entirely.

Tl;dr - We haven’t had a Happy Event in a long ass time. When we getting another one??
That's probably because Spring has been a continuous Happy Event. Just think about the amount of happy event stuff that has been showing up in main events, and even character events. At this rate, when Akira has another happy event it might as well just be another tuesday for him.

Dec 18, 2020
At this rate, when Akira has another happy event it might as well just be another tuesday for him.
Well, he is at least conscious during the latest happy events and reset puzzles now. Though he may seem a bit insane, but who wouldn't after going through what he has? So it is just matter of time when he will be fully conscious and in his "normal mode" during happy events and reset puzzles.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
We've had a rough go with this update, but we haven't talked enough about Uta.
I kind of feel like this may be similar to what happened between Akira and Maya when they first became a thing. Cause even if it's fucked up, to Uta, she found someone that is also rotten and fucked up in the head, but it's someone that would fully accept her - no pretend, no holding back, he'd accept everything that she is and was (and even enjoy it).

I'm curious to see how it goes from here, but I guess probably somewhere nice. Especially cause Uta doesn't seem to want him completely for herself either.

On another note, man what is up with deer parts, what a strange analogy.

So what I get from it is that Uta hugged Akira because she thinks there's a part of him that can be fixed/removed, that the rest of the world doesn't accept - just as she also has it. Then when Maya says it, it's probably another meaning, that there's a part of her that doesn't work inside of that replica of heaven. Maybe her supernatural side? Then Kaori is a whole deer looking for fluff. I'm not even going to try with that one.

Edit: Or maybe it's simple, and it just means that Kaori herself shouldn't exist, not just a part of her?

Last edited:

falco256

May 27, 2019
Okay... damn... that Io part was rough. It reminds me of a rather infamously brutal Japanese web novel, and for once, it makes that book look tame. That says a lot, considering that book was just plain wrong and bloody hard to read, even though it was equally brilliant at other times. (i.e., it's the equivalent of it starting on the dark route and then getting lighter as they begin to fix each other.)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
We've had a rough go with this update, but we haven't talked enough about Uta.
I kind of feel like this may be similar to what happened between Akira and Maya when they first became a thing. Cause even if it's fucked up, to Uta, she found someone that is also rotten and fucked up in the head, but it's someone that would fully accept her - no pretend, no holding back, he'd accept everything that she is and was (and even enjoy it).

I'm curious to see how it goes from here, but I guess probably somewhere nice. Especially cause Uta doesn't seem to want him completely for herself either.

So what I get from it is that Uta hugged Akira because she thinks there's a part of him that can be fixed/removed, that the rest of the world doesn't accept - just as she also has it. Then when Maya says it, it's probably another meaning, that there's a part of her that doesn't work inside of that replica of heaven. Maybe her supernatural side? Then Kaori is a whole deer looking for fluff. I'm not even going to try with that one.

Edit: Or maybe it's simple, and it just means that Kaori herself shouldn't exist, not just a part of her?
I can be charitable and agree with your interpetation of Utas actions("So what I get from it is that Uta hugged Akira because she thinks there's a part of him that can be fixed/removed, that the rest of the world doesn't accept - just as she also has it")
OR i can be as pessimistic as i can.So then.Why did Uta do what she did?

I believe Uta saw herself in Sensei.More specifically she saw a very crucial part of her past,her indulging in a sickening pleasure.So in an attempt to not feel alone anymore,in an attempt to feel validated she tried her best to latch on Sensei with the rationalization of "Im doing this because i love you".Now im not trying to descredit Utas feelings by any means but i also want to aknowledge the fact that,similar to Ami,Uta is attracted to broken people.(Cough cough Io cough cough)

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
In fact, there is a high chance that Noriko will sacrifice herself to be in Maya's place since Noriko is very altruistic and she cares a lot about Akira and Maya and in her view, she will most likely think that it is better for her to be in prison. in that place than Maya since Maya has a more important role in Akira's life.
If this happens I will delete this game. I would take Noriko over 50 Mayas. One of the things that annoys me about this game is that apparently Maya is so important to Akira and I have never for one second seen any reason to justify that, even in scenes like the street fair where I actually liked her.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Deer have a lot of significance in various religions, and I think this is another case of religious symbolism. I'm lazy, so I'm going to copy/paste from wikipedia and bible search engines. To summarize though, deer are often seen as messengers of god, able to talk to god, holy or special in some way, wayfarers (showing paths to people,) able to nourish/heal/guide people, important because they part streams and open paths, and, specifically in the bible, deer are mentioned multiple times as quick, healthy animals, and people being healed/invigorated are likened to deer. There are too many possible influences and connections to go over all of them, determine the source, or attribute a connection to all of them, but those are my thoughts. Apologies for the run on sentences and shotgun approach. This interested me as well, though.
Also, in being lazy and using Wikipedia, apparently they have a connection specifically to Nara, where Uta grew up with them.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I can be charitable and agree with your interpetation of Utas actions("So what I get from it is that Uta hugged Akira because she thinks there's a part of him that can be fixed/removed, that the rest of the world doesn't accept - just as she also has it")
OR i can be as pessimistic as i can.So then.Why did Uta do what she did?

I believe Uta saw herself in Sensei.More specifically she saw a very crucial part of her past,her indulging in a sickening pleasure.So in an attempt to not feel alone anymore,in an attempt to feel validated she tried her best to latch on Sensei with the rationalization of "Im doing this because i love you".Now im not trying to descredit Utas feelings by any means but i also want to aknowledge the fact that,similar to Ami,Uta is attracted to broken people.(Cough cough Io cough cough)
I think we're saying the same thing. Also the part you quoted is just me trying to understand what Akira meant by deer parts in that situation, which is his vision of why Uta hugged him, not the reason I think she did. But I'll elaborate on what I find to be different.

I think there's a crucial difference between being attracted to broken people and finding someone that gets what you've been through. Uta's relationship with Io is one born of mutual understanding, they're from the same support group. Io isn't elated about Uta's deer parts, she is understanding of it. She doesn't find Uta's perverted side attractive, or hot, or would take pleasure from it. Uta is "attracted" to Io as one would be to a pillar of support when the rest of the world would shun you. Io could never be to her what Akira can.

Akira is an entire different thing. He is highly sexual, just as perverted, and doesn't just accept who she is and her past, he gets pleasure from it. For Uta being with him it's not just that she'd be "accepted despite what happened" (Io's case), she'd be celebrated for it (to an extent).

Now, onto being attracted to broken people. We don't have enough to analyse Prince Ami, but from what we're shown so far, she's the one that would better fit a description of "being attracted to broken people". Because, well, she wants Akira to remain broken so that she can be his caretaker. Akira isn't attracted to broken people, he sees broken people as potential targets. Uta isn't attracted to broken people, she just thinks they're probably more likely to accept her cause they might get it. Io isn't attracted to broken people, she just considers herself such trash that it would take a trashy person to withstand her presence.

Going back to the main point, Uta was attracted to Akira. She freaked out about him discovering her secret, but then (after her shock and confusion about him having her picture) managed to understand that it could be a good thing for her because it would mean he'd be truly cool with her past. When he breaks down in front of her, she hugs him cause that pretty much seals the deal. He displays a position of fragility to her. So she sees herself in him (which is untrue, but true enough for her to make up her mind about it).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: aramaug

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Deer have a lot of significance in various religions, and I think this is another case of religious symbolism. I'm lazy, so I'm going to copy/paste from wikipedia and bible search engines. To summarize though, deer are often seen as messengers of god, able to talk to god, holy or special in some way, wayfarers (showing paths to people,) able to nourish/heal/guide people, important because they part streams and open paths, and, specifically in the bible, deer are mentioned multiple times as quick, healthy animals, and people being healed/invigorated are likened to deer. There are too many possible influences and connections to go over all of them, determine the source, or attribute a connection to all of them, but those are my thoughts. Apologies for the run on sentences and shotgun approach. This interested me as well, though.
Also, in being lazy and using Wikipedia, apparently they have a connection specifically to Nara, where Uta grew up with them.

You're right, it's probably due to my ignorance on the topic. I knew that deers had to do with Nara, and that one music video from Fall out boy, but that was it. Thanks.

Reactions: PhiloPhilo
4.20 star(s) 297 Votes