DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Oh...oh no, I think we may have underestimated where Sel is going with this story. Well, I made my bed, gotta lie in it now, I'm in this one to the end, too far in to stop.
Oh, I actually kind of figured something like, well, "Berserk" might happen since the Trinity 'Hell is Empty' Happy Event:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just not this soon...

I'm hoping there won't be a "Casca".. albeit, I can't say I'd be surprised. There's been hints:
And I think we all know who would fit that role the best. For some reason though, I'm a little worried about Makoto in particular. Not entirely sure why.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Oh, I actually kind of figured something like, well, "Berserk" might happen since the Trinity 'Hell is Empty' Happy Event:
Just not this soon...

I'm hoping there won't be a "Casca".. albeit, I can't say I'd be surprised. There's been hints:
And I think we all know who would fit that role the best. For some reason though, I'm a little worried about Makoto in particular. Not entirely sure why.
If he's making Berserk references, and he quite clearly is, I would have to assume that he's going the Casca route unless there's some sort of technical limit that stops him. Having worked in the studio, I can basically confirm there is no such limit, at least not a limit big enough to stop that.

Casca was probably one of the most disturbing parts of Berserk, so I could very easily see something like that in LiL. If this wasn't a Denpa game, I would have severe doubts, but something like the Casca thing is well within the Denpa genre. I do hope the feint of heart have gotten the warning message by the time this comes to pass because that stuff was seriously messed up in Berserk. There's a reason that character is the way she is after. There's also potential for him to go...worse. If he manages that, I will be very impressed, horrified, but impressed.

Reactions: DeSkel15
Jul 23, 2021
Just not this soon...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Assuming that Sensei's role is as "Guts". I wouldn't be surprised if his role is actually as "Griffith". Especially after that 'Frankencense and Myrrh' Yasu event:
Although there's a few characters I can also see playing that role: Ami, Ayane, Maya, Nodoka, Sekai, The Shapeshifter, Yasu, etc.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Just not this soon...

I'm not really familiar with Berserk, are we talking about "death" bad or "endless torture" bad?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm not really familiar with Berserk, are we talking about "death" bad or "endless torture" bad?
Well, probably the most famous/infamous part of "Berserk" involved: Betrayal, Cuckolding, Dismemberment, Fetus Corruption (?), Human Devourment, Mass Murder, Mindbreaking, Ritual Sacrificing, Sexual Violation, etc, all around the same time. It's known as "The Eclipse" if you want to know more.

So, yeah, things might get a little Callous.

Last edited:

AbsoluteA522

Jun 17, 2023
Alright im dead serious when i say that if sel even DARES to hint about making that one traumatizing berserk scene.. i will literally skip the entire update and download a finished save file just to not see it.

im not a coward or soft or anything like that. in fact berserk was one of my first and favorite and still my favorite manga.

But that scene really made me feel things at the time.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Preview Pt3
Either we're getting a reset, or they let Yasu handle the decorations. *ba dum tis*

You might be misinterpreting the 4, though. This is the 4th Halloween update, thus Halloween 4. That would be accurate regardless of whether the reset happens before or after.

The chapter 1 conclusion was Reset > Christmas Party > Cliffhanger (school collapse) > end of Chapter 1 card.

Reactions: LuisD and Wardtnaci

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Well, probably the most famous/infamous part of "Berserk" involved: Betrayal, Cuckolding, Dismemberment, Human devourment, Fetus Corruption (?), Mass Murder, Mindbreaking, Ritual Sacrificing, Sexual Violation, etc, all around the same time. It's known as "The Eclipse" if you want to know more.

So, yeah, things might get a little Callous.
I mean, Akira DID miss his deadline, so...

Reactions: LuisD and DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
The chapter 1 conclusion was Reset > Christmas Party > Cliffhanger (school collapse) > end of Chapter 1 card.
Actually, the first Christmas Party ends in Chapter 2. Chapter 1's 'Changing of Seasons' is the last event in Chapter 1, which ends with Sensei and Maya holding hands on the roof before the end card appears, and leads into Chapter 2's first event:
The School collapsed 6 events (plus 2 lust events) later in 'Fireworks, Chicken, and the Innate Fear of Death'.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
I suppose we are about to find out how serious this game's warnings really are. For better or worse.
I mean... I don't doubt that something very horrible is going to happen, but I also feel like people really overrate Hope's warning. Hope did next to nothing for nearly three chapters. I feel like if Hope really wanted Sensei to take whatever he's meant to take he would have taken drastic measures much sooner. My personal guess is that "something bad" will be slightly darker than what we've seen so far to gradually shift the tone of the story towards darker stuff for the future chapters.
Also, since there are 35 heroine routes at the end of the story, I think we can probably expect all the girls to be alive and well by the end of the story.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Honestly, i've been quietly watching you guys talk about the serious consequences that will come if Akira doesn't take what he has no right to or whatever it was but for me i feel like Hope is just fucking desperate and is lashing out with threats he can't follow up, all bluff, all bark and no bite, Akira has survived almost 3 chapters now with Hope trying shit and he's gotten no where of consequence... if you imagine that threat made out of fear, out of panic with Pareidolia's season coming and Hope's power/influence waning, it does kind of turn into a bit of soggy lettuce.

I'm not at all saying my hunch is right, it's just a hunch, but i've just never felt that threat had any weight behind it. I've spent more time just thinking about what it is he's suppose to be taking than whatever the 'consequences' would be if he didn't do it.

I dunno, i often find myself looking at this game/story from a meta perspective, what's the point of Hope's threat in the story? What can he really do if the only real consequences are Akira just gets fully reset, that'd make for a pretty game. Maybe he get's locked in a box and tortured... boring. Maybe he gets tormented by having his girls taken away somehow... ok... then what? Like, from a narrative perspective, Hope is pretty limited in what he can actually threaten Akira with given the game is already forced to remain somewhat consistently the same if Selly doesn't want to risk his income, if shit goes far too weird far too fast then a lot of people are going to either lose interest or feel ripped off for all the time they put in.

I'm kinda rambling here, i enjoy reading the theories but i ultimately have little energy for any that deviate too far from 'shit will pretty much stay the same with some measure of progression' and so i don't put any weight on Hope's threats.

4.20 star(s) 301 Votes