BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
To add to this, one name that i never thought i was mispronouncing was Ami, Aye-mee, but it would actually be ah-mi... it's taken me a while to rewire that into my brain, longer than EO did.
i think theres actually a good chance they would pronounce "Ami" same as english pronounce Amy. i think its more likely a borrowed name. could be wrong.

BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
IIRC, if you turn a character down, that's a permanent choice. There is no "pursue her later" option. If you turn Ami down in that one opportunity, she is cut off, all her sex scenes fail, and you have a very different relationship with Ami.
sooo ive just finished going through all the missable events on the wiki. and from what i can tell there is no "bad consequences" for pursuing ami from the beginning other than a potential during a Noriko invite over scene where Ami can catch you in a lie if you dont do some prompts first? (im not there yet. this just what wiki says)

otherwise it seems pursuing any of the older women has no negatives, and might even all be positives for their linked main characters (Sara, Haruka, Maki).

so basically from what i can tell all scenes are meant to be Seen, and the only questionable one is that endgame noriko invite scene which sounds passable with ami relationship

there are many scenes you can miss but its all about failing to grind enough points in almost all cases.
just a few are based on some choices in game (dont say any Kill Kirin option in FMK game. Dont finger chika before the first beach vacation. Choose Miku during Tip Your Bartender. Win the lottery. swallow a spider. see "Abyss" in Yuki track before you get to far with chika. couple others)

so basically you are meant to pursue everyone. there are no (so far as i can tell) "you made this choice to bang person A therefore you cant bang person B anymore" unlike many games of this style.

so that was what was throwing me off. took me quite a few hours to get full understanding of this, and make a rough guide for avoiding missing any scenes throughout the story.

i guess there is a kind of "100% single playthrough" achievement then?

will be devastated if future update changes this LOL

BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
To spice shit up, selebus install the "Akira" chip in sensei turning it into a big trauma dump. I'm looking forward to how this is going to turn out.
is it just me or does that make this all feel kinda carbon copy esque of "Sensei Overnight" ?? which one came first? these two games are too similar LMAO (not complaining)

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021

This may or may not be possible anymore depending on how the threesome events turn out. Looks like we might get more missable ones unless Sel just drops all the other choices.

is it just me or does that make this all feel kinda carbon copy esque of "Sensei Overnight" ?? which one came first? these two games are too similar LMAO (not complaining)
Not that most people like to talk about that here anymore due to some fucked up shit but no, Sensei Overnight was very much "inspired" by LiL.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
sooo ive just finished going through all the missable events on the wiki. and from what i can tell there is no "bad consequences" for pursuing ami from the beginning other than a potential during a Noriko invite over scene where Ami can catch you in a lie if you dont do some prompts first? (im not there yet. this just what wiki says)

otherwise it seems pursuing any of the older women has no negatives, and might even all be positives for their linked main characters (Sara, Haruka, Maki).

so basically from what i can tell all scenes are meant to be Seen, and the only questionable one is that endgame noriko invite scene which sounds passable with ami relationship

there are many scenes you can miss but its all about failing to grind enough points in almost all cases.
just a few are based on some choices in game (dont say any Kill Kirin option in FMK game. Dont finger chika before the first beach vacation. Choose Miku during Tip Your Bartender. Win the lottery. swallow a spider. see "Abyss" in Yuki track before you get to far with chika. couple others)

so basically you are meant to pursue everyone. there are no (so far as i can tell) "you made this choice to bang person A therefore you cant bang person B anymore" unlike many games of this style.

so that was what was throwing me off. took me quite a few hours to get full understanding of this, and make a rough guide for avoiding missing any scenes throughout the story.

Since you don't seem to care too much about Spoilers:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

'Sensei Overnight' came afterwards, and Died before. If it was more of a copy of 'Lessons in Love' than it was, it'd probably had turned out better, and the developer would have likely been a better person, tbh. You can tell from playing it how different the creators of each are, imo.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Talking about SO, seens one more dev fell to the pleasures of underage flesh, although dev is a very strong word in this case, makes one glad Selebus is just a narcisistic prick and not a minor diddler.
Oh yeah, i threw SO right in the bin and scrubbed my computer of everything related to it after the news dropped. I'd hate to do the same for LiL but if it turned out Selly was also a fucking predator of minors i'd have to throw all my LiL shit out too. Fiction is fiction and that's where it fucking belongs.

John E. Ringo

Apr 19, 2020
Since everyone but Molly is Japanese, pronouncing their names should follow Japanese language standards. NOTE: NOT a native Japanese speaker, only know enough to be dangerous if I were instructing kindergartners lol.

Vowels are the key to each sound in Japanese, and learning what the vowels sound like should be a big assist to guide your pronunciation. Consonants (with the exception of "n" which can be a stand-alone sound in Japanese) are used with a vowel. Plus there are a few English/Roman letters not used in Japanese (like "L", though "R" sounds like a slightly rolled combination of both L and R).

a= ah
e= eh (channel your inner Canadian!!!)
i= ee
o=oh
u= oo

So Io would be "ee-oh", Uta would be "oo-tah", Rin would be "leen/reen", Ami would be "ah-mee", Ayane would be "ah-yah-neh", etc.

Japanese also does not have emphasized/strong syllables in their multiple syllable words so each sound/syllable should be sounded with similar inflection throughout the word (i.e. Ayane would be "ah-yah-ne" and not "ah-YAH-ne" or "ah-yah-NE").

Here ends my first-grade level of Japanese grammar lesson. :duncecap:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
This conversation about language reminded me that Otoha apparently forgot that they have been speaking Japanese:
4th wall break? Or actual characterization? The world may never know.

• Haha
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
Since everyone but Molly is Japanese, pronouncing their names should follow Japanese language standards. NOTE: NOT a native Japanese speaker, only know enough to be dangerous if I were instructing kindergartners lol.

Vowels are the key to each sound in Japanese, and learning what the vowels sound like should be a big assist to guide your pronunciation. Consonants (with the exception of "n" which can be a stand-alone sound in Japanese) are used with a vowel. Plus there are a few English/Roman letters not used in Japanese (like "L", though "R" sounds like a slightly rolled combination of both L and R).

a= ah
e= eh (channel your inner Canadian!!!)
i= ee
o=oh
u= oo

So Io would be "ee-oh", Uta would be "oo-tah", Rin would be "leen/reen", Ami would be "ah-mee", Ayane would be "ah-yah-neh", etc.

Japanese also does not have emphasized/strong syllables in their multiple syllable words so each sound/syllable should be sounded with similar inflection throughout the word (i.e. Ayane would be "ah-yah-ne" and not "ah-YAH-ne" or "ah-yah-NE").

Here ends my first-grade level of Japanese grammar lesson. :duncecap:
All correct, though it seems Selebus himself does not pronounce them in japanese. I mean:

Bingus Bongus

Jun 12, 2023
This conversation about language reminded me that Otoha apparently forgot that they have been speaking Japanese:
4th wall break? Or actual characterization? The world may never know.
Selly didn't break the fourth wall, he long ago glassed it with nuclear armageddon. No stone remains standing atop another, a genocide of all fourth walls that the biblical apocalypse couldn't match. Moments like this are merely an echo of the undying supernovae of hatred burning in his heart for all things wall.

4.10 star(s) 303 Votes