I released a new game called "Tifa's Dark Heaven"... How would you prefer this month updates to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Noooo, this ended way too soon. The NTR/Sharing dialogue is so fucking hot my god. The way she purposefully leaves things out, teases and humiliates him stoking his fetish is so well done. Can't wait for more

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
errr at what point did the dev decide this title was going to be text based (mostly) lol i must have clicked through multiple pages of dialogue with black screen at TY's place.. i know rendering is time consuming but thats just lazy

Asuya

Aug 4, 2017
errr at what point did the dev decide this title was going to be text based (mostly) lol i must have clicked through multiple pages of dialogue with black screen at TY's place.. i know rendering is time consuming but thats just lazy
He wants you not to know what happened there, you place yourself like the MC and when you find out what happened it's better (at least for me), I love the direction it's taking and that she hides things from her boyfriend. (especially with the guy that her boyfriend doesn't like, it's even better :devilish: ).

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
He wants you not to know what happened there, you place yourself like the MC and when you find out what happened it's better (at least for me), I love the direction it's taking and that she hides things from her boyfriend. (especially with the guy that her boyfriend doesn't like, it's even better :devilish: ).
im not on about the anmesia stuff i meant the whole convos going on while people arrive at Ty's

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Yet after you step back to the vanilla route, the game immediately ends, even though there is more content for the vanilla route if you started the game on it.

I would advise to give it some dialogue changes if you chose to step back to the vanilla route, as it won't make sense if everyone acts like he didn't already speak about his "fantasies" before reaching that point.
Dev literally can't do that because there are no variables at all in this game. It only uses "jump to label" commands which means any decision you made previously cannot be tracked by the game. There is no way to differentiate between starting from vanilla or ending up there later (at least in the conventional way). They would have to make an entirely new branch which follows a different set of labels instead of coding it in the sensible way using variables/flags and if/else statements.

I've warned about this a while back, but looks like it's still the same. The way this game is coded will only support a straight path that follows the expected narrative the dev is thinking about. If you pick choices that take alternate paths that converge back into the main route, the script cannot ever mention this variation because there was never any variables to keep track of such things.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Dev literally can't do that because there are no variables at all in this game. It only uses "jump to label" commands which means any decision you made previously cannot be tracked by the game. There is no way to differentiate between starting from vanilla or ending up there later (at least in the conventional way). They would have to make an entirely new branch which follows a different set of labels instead of coding it in the sensible way using variables/flags and if/else statements.

I've warned about this a while back, but looks like it's still the same. The way this game is coded will only support a straight path that follows the expected narrative the dev is thinking about. If you pick choices that take alternate paths that converge back into the main route, the script cannot ever mention this variation because there was never any variables to keep track of such things.
That's kind of disappointing.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Dev literally can't do that because there are no variables at all in this game. It only uses "jump to label" commands which means any decision you made previously cannot be tracked by the game.
To interject on the technical merits, that's not correct at all. You can freely rollback from label jumps. Jumps transfer control of the stack to the new section, calls place their actions on top of the existing stack.

Label calls without a from parameter can have issues rolling back or corrupting saves.

That's not to say any of your thoughts on the game having bad decision-making-mechanics are offbase, I'm just clarifying a renpy mechanic.

Reactions: zodd313

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
To interject on the technical merits, that's not correct at all. You can freely rollback from label jumps. Jumps transfer control of the stack to the new section, calls place their actions on top of the existing stack.

Label calls without a from parameter can have issues rolling back or corrupting saves.

That's not to say any of your thoughts on the game having bad decision-making-mechanics are offbase, I'm just clarifying a renpy mechanic.
Granted, I'm not a programmer. I don't have real knowledge on python or any coding language. But all my digging through the script files of these renpy games thought me the basics at least.

Once two routes merge into the same label, how would the game determine which path the player took to get to that label without variables/flags to keep track of it?

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of Let The Nightshine In Ch2 v0.16

Download

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I was considering trying this out but the creator was clear that even though it has a vanilla/romance route most of the content will be on the NTR route. While I have seen many try to accomplish this duality, most have failed because the two are so diametrically opposed that you really have to create two different games to do this effectively. Fans of either group will tend to be unhappy because time and content will go into a part of the game they are not interested in. Taking into account the discussions in this forum the game sounds like a clusterfuck and while I like to give each developer a fair shake I'll pass on this one until it is done. Best of luck to the developer.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I was considering trying this out but the creator was clear that even though it has a vanilla/romance route most of the content will be on the NTR route. While I have seen many try to accomplish this duality, most have failed because the two are so diametrically opposed that you really have to create two different games to do this effectively. Fans of either group will tend to be unhappy because time and content will go into a part of the game they are not interested in. Taking into account the discussions in this forum the game sounds like a clusterfuck and while I like to give each developer a fair shake I'll pass on this one until it is done. Best of luck to the developer.
I, as an NTR fan, disagree. Me and most of the people who share my cravings don't have a problem with NTR being mixed with other fetishes, not even vanilla. Good NTR even has vanilla as a foundation. The most successful NTR games are a mix of many things. It's more the NTR haters who rage around and complain when a game isn't pure vanilla or the male MC isn't the only penis in the game. NTR games fail when the NTR is kicked out in favor of the haters, not because of the mix.

Last edited:

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
I understand your vision and I respect it, even if I disagree with certain things... I am currently putting a lot of emphasis on all the routes I am working on, and although it is true that I prefer the NTR, it is also true that I really enjoy seeing the other side of the coin and enjoy moments where there is pure love between both protagonists... Because, in my opinion, one thing cannot exist without the other
That's why I said many times that the vanilla route would be the real one, as things really happen, and the others would be a "what if" (although you can really take any of them as the real one, being that there won't be a "part 2" of this game) besides I put all the love and effort I have for my work in all the routes. I hope you enjoy it whenever you would like to try it

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I understand your vision and I respect it, even if I disagree with certain things... I am currently putting a lot of emphasis on all the routes I am working on, and although it is true that I prefer the NTR, it is also true that I really enjoy seeing the other side of the coin and enjoy moments where there is pure love between both protagonists... Because, in my opinion, one thing cannot exist without the other
That's why I said many times that the vanilla route would be the real one, as things really happen, and the others would be a "what if" (although you can really take any of them as the real one, being that there won't be a "part 2" of this game) besides I put all the love and effort I have for my work in all the routes. I hope you enjoy it whenever you would like to try it
Does there have to be a "real" story? You already said that you develop all routes equally. Then leave it at that. And everyone plays the ones they prefer (y)

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
im certain this has been asked but is pregnancy a tag too? if so is it endgame or steadily progressed?

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes