4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

bruhmoneydog

Aug 9, 2021
Nyopan

In the beginning, the question "This is Mabel. What is your relationship with her?" is unclear. You need an example, like "You are her ______?" or "She is your _____?" to clarify since your current phrasing could be taken either way.

Having best friend as the default doesn't actually clarify anything.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I can't access the menu until after the introduction. That's a helpful bit of text to bring up when I hit the escape key.

Why, when I can bring up the menu does nothing on that menu do anything?

(Windows game machine, running from download containing Lewd Falls folder dated 2023-10-07 09:38:09)
I had this problem too until I realized you use arrow keys and spacebar to interact with it.

bruhmoneydog

Aug 9, 2021
I really like this game but some suggestions:

- When entering a new area you have to be careful to not exit because your character moves to the side which triggers the exit zone.
- Having a feature where you can see your health and energy out of battle would be great, I wouldn't have to rely on just knowing from my previous battle.
- Sometimes interacting with things could be weird, on some things I can't click on the character, you have to click on the area in front of the character
- Like was said above just some grammar and spelling things nothing too serious
- It is a little grindy, not my tastes, maybe have an option for people who hate the grind
- Clarify how to use menus instead of just dropping you right off. Could be done in the intro

Great first game though! I wish you the best!

Reactions: Bobber Tail

Nyopan

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2023
Nyopan

In the beginning, the question "This is Mabel. What is your relationship with her?" is unclear. You need an example, like "You are her ______?" or "She is your _____?" to clarify since your current phrasing could be taken either way.

Having best friend as the default doesn't actually clarify anything.

So I can't access the menu until after the introduction. That's a helpful bit of text to bring up when I hit the escape key.

Why, when I can bring up the menu does nothing on that menu do anything?

(Windows game machine, running from download containing Lewd Falls folder dated 2023-10-07 09:38:09)
Thanks for pointing it out.
The entire game is being made by me alone, so in the middle of all the development, unfortunately some gramatical errors will slip. But I will make sure that they are fixed for the next update!

I couldn't understand the problem that you are having with the menu, but perhaps as mentioned above, you are not using the arrow keys. On the next update I will add a mini-tutorial to explain how to navigate on the phone.

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
I couldn't understand the problem that you are having with the menu, but perhaps as mentioned above, you are not using the arrow keys. On the next update I will add a mini-tutorial to explain how to navigate on the phone.
That would be correct, I did not even *think* to utilize the arrow keys.

Why would I?
Every single other game I've played, you utilize the menu by clicking on the icons. Every other feature in this game, I can access by clicking with my mouse. Why would the one thing in the game that I can only navigate with the keyboard be the menu??

Nyopan

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2023
I really like this game but some suggestions:

- When entering a new area you have to be careful to not exit because your character moves to the side which triggers the exit zone.
- Having a feature where you can see your health and energy out of battle would be great, I wouldn't have to rely on just knowing from my previous battle.
- Sometimes interacting with things could be weird, on some things I can't click on the character, you have to click on the area in front of the character
- Like was said above just some grammar and spelling things nothing too serious
- It is a little grindy, not my tastes, maybe have an option for people who hate the grind
- Clarify how to use menus instead of just dropping you right off. Could be done in the intro

Great first game though! I wish you the best!
Thanks for the suggestions! I will talk about them.

- I didn't notice that this could actually be a problem, I will see if I can do something about it, maybe sending the player 1 tile further when moving through areas.
- I will add a HUD when you enter the forest area, so you can see your current state, similar to the one in-battle. And perhaps a "Status" menu on the Phone too.
- That's sadly one of the limitations of the engine, but I believe there is a plugin that will make it better.
- What part of it did you find a little grindy? The hunting part or leveling up your Strength?
- Some fixes to the grammar and a better clarification on how to use the menus will be added on the next update!

That would be correct, I did not even *think* to utilize the arrow keys.

Why would I?
Every single other game I've played, you utilize the menu by clicking on the icons. Every other feature in this game, I can access by clicking with my mouse. Why would the one thing in the game that I can only navigate with the keyboard be the menu??
I apologize for the lack of clarification on how to use the menus.
Since the menu is custom made via Common Events, I would need to use/make a plugin so that it will allow the options to be clickable.
I will try to find a solution for this, thanks again!

CuriousWonder

Nov 29, 2022
So, I haven't played this game yet but it definitely has my interest. A suggestion I'd like to put forward is the option of mind control as gravity falls is one of those universes where mind control just sort of fits. Especially when you having things like a top hat wearing triangle that can possess people in the source material

Nyopan

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2023
Nyopan

Now that I can use the menu....

Why aren't Vaulty and Takemi in my Lusty app?

They certainly appear to be women, and I have interacted with them.
For this version, I've only added Mabel and Wendy to the Lusty app, since they are the ones you can increase your relationship with for now.

I'm also looking for a way to dynamically add the girls as you speak with them, so that it is not bind to a pre-determined position on the Lusty app.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
For this version, I've only added Mabel and Wendy to the Lusty app, since they are the ones you can increase your relationship with for now.

I'm also looking for a way to dynamically add the girls as you speak with them, so that it is not bind to a pre-determined position on the Lusty app.
I think you're setting yourself up for a headache by doing that dynamically.

If you do that player's lists won't be the same, so you're giving yourself a huge bug possibility. As a player I'd much rather have the empty slot. That would indicate to me as a player that there is someone I haven't met that I should have already been able to talk to.

That might have pointed me to find Cammy sooner (For some reason I didn't realize I could continue to the left and find the Gym until I'd reached the big rock for the first time and had to increase my strength.)

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Nyopan

I'm not sure quite how... navigating by arrow keys, came back from city after my workout, ended up stuck over to the left of my entry point. Can't bring up the menu, can't move by arrow, can't move by mouse.

LewdShack_Stuck.png

EDIT:

Okay, even weirder. My screen froze, but I finally realized by the sounds that it was still responding, so I carefully brought up the menu, went right arrow 3 times, saved, down arrowed more times than I'd saved so far, hit enter, then checked my save directory and.. yep, save 5 had just been created. Closed the game, loaded save 5 and I was fine.

Nyopan

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2023
I think you're setting yourself up for a headache by doing that dynamically.

If you do that player's lists won't be the same, so you're giving yourself a huge bug possibility. As a player I'd much rather have the empty slot. That would indicate to me as a player that there is someone I haven't met that I should have already been able to talk to.

That might have pointed me to find Cammy sooner (For some reason I didn't realize I could continue to the left and find the Gym until I'd reached the big rock for the first time and had to increase my strength.)
This actually makes a lot of sense.

I may reconsider the pre-determined system, it would be easier and less buggy to add it too.
Maybe adding a small "New" balloon on top of the arrows to change pages on the Lusty app would solve any confusion when meeting new girls.

Thanks!

Does Mabel only have one heart progression in this release?
For this version, yes, she only have one heart progression.

The art is great. wish sister has a little less fat. maybe let MC drag her to the gym for workout ?
Thanks! I do have things planned for the Gym for the future versions.

Nyopan

I'm not sure quite how... navigating by arrow keys, came back from city after my workout, ended up stuck over to the left of my entry point. Can't bring up the menu, can't move by arrow, can't move by mouse.

View attachment 2988753

EDIT:

Okay, even weirder. My screen froze, but I finally realized by the sounds that it was still responding, so I carefully brought up the menu, went right arrow 3 times, saved, down arrowed more times than I'd saved so far, hit enter, then checked my save directory and.. yep, save 5 had just been created. Closed the game, loaded save 5 and I was fine.
That's weird, I will try to replicate it later. Could be a bad event call.
Also gonna check out my plugins, it could be one of them causing the freezing.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Okay, made my heart progression with Mabel, 2 with Wendy, anything left to do in the current build, or should I just wait for the next release now? Anything to do with Marina at SplashToo? Just max strength out and keep accumulating money by selling Vaulty things?

Nyopan

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2023
Okay, made my heart progression with Mabel, 2 with Wendy, anything left to do in the current build, or should I just wait for the next release now? Anything to do with Marina at SplashToo? Just max strength out and keep accumulating money by selling Vaulty things?
You can get 3 hearts with Wendy, and it does involves Marina.
Aside from that, that's it for this version.

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions! I will talk about them.

- I didn't notice that this could actually be a problem, I will see if I can do something about it, maybe sending the player 1 tile further when moving through areas.
- I will add a HUD when you enter the forest area, so you can see your current state, similar to the one in-battle. And perhaps a "Status" menu on the Phone too.
- That's sadly one of the limitations of the engine, but I believe there is a plugin that will make it better.
- What part of it did you find a little grindy? The hunting part or leveling up your Strength?
- Some fixes to the grammar and a better clarification on how to use the menus will be added on the next update!

I apologize for the lack of clarification on how to use the menus.
Since the menu is custom made via Common Events, I would need to use/make a plugin so that it will allow the options to be clickable.
I will try to find a solution for this, thanks again!
There is a whole section of the forums here for How To... Assets and advice, etc.

veaqaa

Sep 15, 2018
You can get 3 hearts with Wendy, and it does involves Marina.
Aside from that, that's it for this version.
What needs to be done with marina? I think I've done everything else but Marina just says 'Hello There' and nothing else?

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes