4.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Nyopan

Game Developer
Jun 27, 2023
Honestly, I feel like tying progression with any of the girls, even the main girls, with the main story isn't a great idea. That's what makes the whole scene with Mavis an issue. You have to progress through the main story in order to progress with Mabel, which does leave you with practically nothing. Trying to rework the story so that you can progress your relationship with Mabel outside of the story will help avoid linearity in your story.

Also, sex progression works best if it's in the order of Peeping > Jerking off while they're unaware of your presence > Handjob > [Footjob | Titjob] > Blowjob > Non-penetrative humping > [Vaginal | Anal], where you can leave out steps. It goes from least penetrative to most.

For example, I've seen some games go Peeping > Handjob > Blowjob > Vaginal > Anal, with optionally Footjob being a possibility after Handjob.

So, in short, don't tie affinity to the main story, and try to go from non-penetrative to penetrative when it comes to sex scene progression.
Thanks for writing this!
While I agree that tying progression with the girls isn't a great idea, my actual idea is to only tie a few of the girls with the main story, while the others will be there as side-characters.

The "Mavis problem" has a lot of things behind it, but I will admit that it was mostly my fault.

As I said in a previous comment, it was really a bad idea, and I actually wasn't going to do that, but at the time (v0.01 to v0.02), I had so much to work on, fixing errors, rewriting parts of the story and events and other things, while also adding new content, the update was already taking too long, that I ended up not realizing what I was really doing with that scene.

About sex progression, I've received a good bunch of feedback about the same thing and I agree with it, and you can see I'm trying to follow it with Mabel scenes as of v0.03.

I know there's a lot of parts of the game that could use a rewriting, like Mavis's and Calli's, maybe even Hexy's, and I will be revisiting some of them with the upcoming updates.

I'm also working on learning Unity, so I can remake the game there and actually make it the way I want it to be, since I'm bound with a lot of limitations of the current engine.
I will be keeping all the content that the game currently have, but I will be reorganizing/rewriting the story, to give everyone a fresh start in what will be the definitive version of the game.

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes