3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
okay lets see, compared to 106a

0.7.106a to 0.7.110a

-Added WIP H animation for Catgirl x Redcap to battle (flat colors)
-Added new interface to more dialogue, not Bar should be working properly on new system. Hopefully.
-Fixed Skip button, now it works as intended.
Overall interface should be much closer to standart VN type, so we'll need a writer soon, i quess?
-Fixed couple bugs with Alchemy shop, now you can ignore event if you want to buy something.

0.7.110a to 0.7.112a

-Added Catgirl x Redcap main H loop (finished)
-Added Yellowcap to battle.
-Added both CGs for Yellowcap
-Added Yellowcap x Elf H animation + cum
-Added default / Canon names to characters - Nia and Celeste

0.7.112a to 0.7.114a

-Added Catgirl x Redcap full loop with cum animation
-Added Yellowcap sprite and spawn points to Iso map, they will rarely spawn alone
-Fixed Alchemist quest, now it shouldn't crash, at least

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
okay lets see, compared to 106a

0.7.106a to 0.7.110a

-Added WIP H animation for Catgirl x Redcap to battle (flat colors)
-Added new interface to more dialogue, not Bar should be working properly on new system. Hopefully.
-Fixed Skip button, now it works as intended.
Overall interface should be much closer to standart VN type, so we'll need a writer soon, i quess?
-Fixed couple bugs with Alchemy shop, now you can ignore event if you want to buy something.

0.7.110a to 0.7.112a

-Added Catgirl x Redcap main H loop (finished)
-Added Yellowcap to battle.
-Added both CGs for Yellowcap
-Added Yellowcap x Elf H animation + cum
-Added default / Canon names to characters - Nia and Celeste

0.7.112a to 0.7.114a

-Added Catgirl x Redcap full loop with cum animation
-Added Yellowcap sprite and spawn points to Iso map, they will rarely spawn alone
-Fixed Alchemist quest, now it shouldn't crash, at least
Thanks! :D

Sep 4, 2018
Needs to add prostitution, creampie, titfuck, anal, vaginal and oral TAGs.

Not a big fan of games that I need to lose to "win" but the animations are great. Keep the goord work.

Last edited:

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
how do i open this .cmp files i just want access to the gallery
Errr they're encoded so you can't :)
Gallery rewards can be accessed at Patreon tiers thou, or just found by pieces around internet, i quess.

Croy

Feb 3, 2018
I love Kaeryn!
Crossover with Elana champion of lust when?
(JK!...unless...)

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Well, Kaeryn is character from ECoL :)
Up to them if they wanna take some chars to cross, i dont really mind.
We were commissioned by character creator / owner so.

Reactions: Croy

Zencuto

Jun 3, 2018
How can I start the game? I had Java 64bit, but when click on the game, nothing happened

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Is there anyway to get access to CGs and animations outside of combat?
Not in game atm. Gallery rewards are accessible to patrons thou.

How can I start the game? I had Java 64bit, but when click on the game, nothing happened
Can you be more specific, please. Your game folder screenshot, stuff you're clicking, and so on.
Game has .exe, .bat, and .jar. You need to start by using bat file or exe file, clicking on Jar wont do anything.
If you dont have either exe or bat, means your packing tool was faulty, you need to use 7zip or latest winrar to unpack game archieve.

Reactions: Zencuto

Zencuto

Jun 3, 2018
Not in game atm. Gallery rewards are accessible to patrons thou.

Can you be more specific, please. Your game folder screenshot, stuff you're clicking, and so on.
Game has .exe, .bat, and .jar. You need to start by using bat file or exe file, clicking on Jar wont do anything.
If you dont have either exe or bat, means your packing tool was faulty, you need to use 7zip or latest winrar to unpack game archieve.
1578295192291.png
I can't do anything with both .bat and .exe; but I can run it on my laptop just by clicking .jar
Tried almost everything on PC but nothing happend. Tks for your replies <3

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Hmmm interesting, both exe and bat should at very least try to open command console, small black window.
If they're not doing anything, it means one of two things

a) your windows defender is going wild and both files are blocked as "not safe", in which case you can try launching it directly from console yourself. Aka open your cmd.exe with admin priv., select specific path to your game folder and run command.
I quess in your case it will be something like
D:
cd lmao
cd lewdmaze_0_7_114a_universal
java.exe -Djava.library.path=native/windows -Xss50M -jar LewdMaze.jar

b) or you dont have windows :p
In that case,exe and bat wont do anything, you need to run stuff from console
example for Mac
java -Djava.library.path=native/macosx -Xss50M -jar [directory of lewdmaze.jar]

So far i think case A) will do just fine. You can also try to unblock files, which is pain in butt but possible.

Last edited:

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
Been following this game for a while and so far I'm loving it. The dungeon exploration seems like it will be fairly interesting and the animations and art are for the most part excellent. I do have some things I'd like to critique or suggest, though.

1. Consistency

The Dwarf's proportions seem rather inconsistent. In some animations like with the Goblin Squad or Imp she's short and stocky, but then in others like the Centaur's (both for the quest and in battle) she's taller and looks about the same size as the Beastkin and Elf when compared to the Centaur. It kind of seems like with some animations she was originally intended to be a human, but then it was decided she'd be the Dwarf running the blacksmith who you can hire.

Also, a few animations don't match the style of the rest of the game. Most animations are fine, some seem like they're done by different artists but are mostly in line with the same style. The Elf's animation with the Slime and Dwarf with the Succubus are a totally different art style that's more simple and cutesy. The animations aren't bad, but it's a bit jarring for those animations to look so different from the rest of the game.

2. More Interesting Combat

Some classes like the Beastkin Warrior or Elven Duelist don't have much in the way of interesting skills. Most of them are just passive effects. I don't mind a class having passive skills, but they should have some usable ones too and the passive skills need to be interesting, not just "has +5 Strength" or something like that.

Enemies could use this treatment too, they all so far only have 1 attack, either a standard attack or a charm attempt. I don't expect them all the be too interesting since these are early monsters, but they could still be a bit more interesting. Ideas I have would be Slimes having a skill that reduces Agility, or a Centaur having a 2-part Skill where it retreats increasing its chance to dodge, then Stampedes as a powerful attack against multiple party members.

3. Natural Progression

You can enter the dungeon normally and it will be randomly generated, and then there's also quests where specific layouts are made. Will entering the dungeon normally just be a quick and easy way to farm materials and gold, or could it be related to the goal of the game? I think it'd be neat if the eventual goal is to get strong enough to get to the end of each dungeon, and as you go further the enemies would be more powerful and new ones would appear further in. For the main dungeon in the game right now you could find Minotaurs like that special quest in one of the recent updates or Archdemons on deeper levels, for example.

I want to make clear that while I think there are quite a few things that I think could be improved or added I still think the game is pretty good so far despite being early in development. I just want to give these critiques and ideas so that it can reach its full potential. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Simplification and going point by point

Last edited:
Reactions: Quote

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Hey Captain Crash, thanks for feedback!
Yes dwarf was slighly inconsistant in her proportions, i think we'll adjust her a bit later on, at least her legs in centaur animation~

Aaand yes currently working on couple areas to improve things, first being town events and crafting system, and second being combat overhaul. Ranged combat will become ranged, melee will be melee, chars will get some extra skills (including some mobs), will add some stuff like AoE (slug attacks were supposed to be area debuffing), and so on~
Takes time since we're also working on adding Ant girl to battle but we'll defintiely get stuff more interesting :p

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Hey assc0bar ,

Nice start. Here are some ideas to make it better.

1. Increase the walk-speed by 2x or even 3x. I get so frustrated the game is borderline unplayable just walking back and forth. And add a menu button to leave the dungeon instantly.
2. No, seriously, the slow walking speed is agonizing. Speed it up, please!
3. More tutorials/introductions that introduce the town, how the dungeons work, and how to manage the party.​
4. The bottom row of the walls often cover items or enemies so you can't see them. Either make it so stuff can't be there or make the walls transparent/invisible on the bottom row(s).​
5. The dialogue and flavor text is a bit choppy. Perhaps take another editing pass to make it flow better?​

Reactions: Xol

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
Hey assc0bar ,

Nice start. Here are some ideas to make it better.

1. Increase the walk-speed by 2x or even 3x. I get so frustrated the game is borderline unplayable just walking back and forth. And add a menu button to leave the dungeon instantly.
2. No, seriously, the slow walking speed is agonizing. Speed it up, please!
3. More tutorials/introductions that introduce the town, how the dungeons work, and how to manage the party.​
4. The bottom row of the walls often cover items or enemies so you can't see them. Either make it so stuff can't be there or make the walls transparent/invisible on the bottom row(s).​
5. The dialogue and flavor text is a bit choppy. Perhaps take another editing pass to make it flow better?​
I agree with all of the above except maybe the menu button to leave the dungeon. I'm a bit on the fence on that one. Sure, it'd be convenient, but I think part of the challenge is to not only complete your goal and collect whatever you can, but to be able to survive the path back. That said, it wouldn't be the worst thing if that was taken out, either.

Reactions: Blortz
3.70 star(s) 15 Votes