Dec 30, 2020
is there a reason why after i got the flash dive and i go back to the farm and go to the room in the basement to use the computer that instead of being able to do that the snake sceen plays again an then i get softlocked and cant do anything

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Does anyone know when this comic will be ready? I've also seen there's a new Dev's post, but since I'm not a patron anymore I can't see the content.
You sure it's a comic? Cause I've seen exactly this render in 0.96 when Lida was remembering her husband and their wedding.

is there a reason why after i got the flash dive and i go back to the farm and go to the room in the basement to use the computer that instead of being able to do that the snake sceen plays again an then i get softlocked and cant do anything
If you have RPG Maker save editor load your save and go into advanced mode. Then go to "variables" tab and change the 10th variable (cyrillic-something 7) to 27. Big kudos to Phalzyr for helping me with this exact problem today as well!

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
You sure it's a comic? Cause I've seen exactly this render in 0.96 when Lida was remembering her husband and their wedding.

If you have RPG Maker save editor load your save and go into advanced mode. Then go to "variables" tab and change the 10th variable (cyrillic-something 7) to 27. Big kudos to Phalzyr for helping me with this exact problem today as well!
Well, that's what Tereman said in his last post. Then Idk... however there's this "dev's blog" on his patreon's page taht I can't see that is driving me crazy; it might be a little spoil of the next update.

Dec 30, 2020

thanks for the help

Muyo69

Aug 14, 2018
I walk outside of the hotel after viewing the flash drive and the game freezes every time. Anyone know what I can do to fix this issue?

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I walk outside of the hotel after viewing the flash drive and the game freezes every time. Anyone know what I can do to fix this issue?
Can you attach the save file? So many bugs in this game kinda hard to recall them all... See my post one below this one and see if that fixes your issue, scrolling code in 0.96 locks the game up (so does a couple other things but this one is easily fixed.)

My thoughts on what was causing a lot of the issues with previous code confirmed :D
1619721915183.png

Last edited:

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Further research I found out that a specific plugin was causing the scrolling to stop working, turning that plugin off seems to solve the issue. so no need to have multiple versions of game till he gets it fixed?

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
4. optimized plugins.zip (only the optimized plugins.js)
I noticed a huge bug in 0.96 can be solved by turning this plugin off. Dev said he has the scrolling parts fixed in future versions, but not sure how long till next release :D might want to edit your mod to have it off ;)
1619729263835.png

Reactions: jllkfsdj

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
I noticed a huge bug in 0.96 can be solved by turning this plugin off. Dev said he has the scrolling parts fixed in future versions, but not sure how long till next release :D might want to edit your mod to have it off ;)
View attachment 1170184
Thanks, I haven't played this in ages.
Can you try moving "SRD_CameraCore", "SRD_AutoCamera" and "SRD_SmoothCamera" bellow "YEP_CoreEngine" and tell my if it still triggers the bug?
"SRD_CameraCore" has an incompatibility with "YEP_CoreEngine"(needs to be placed after Yanfly's core engine) and I'm not sure if just disabling it, will fix all the problems.

ps. the "Unlocked Camera (Map Boundary Remover)" plugin could also help on some maps

Last edited:

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Thanks, I haven't played this in ages.
Can you try moving "SRD_CameraCore", "SRD_AutoCamera" and "SRD_SmoothCamera" bellow "YEP_CoreEngine" and tell my if it still triggers the bug?
"SRD_CameraCore" has an incompatibility with "YEP_CoreEngine"(needs to be placed after Yanfly's core engine) and I'm not sure if just disabling it, will fix all the problems.

ps. the "Unlocked Camera (Map Boundary Remover)" plugin could also help on some maps
Still locks up even if last on list. Smoothcamera really doesn't add/change much so better off than killing all camera movement :D
Not sure if it fixes all issues as I noticed that if actor with set movement has a blocked path it also locks up, but not sure if that is due to plugins or just normal RPGM bug.
BTW I'm not the dev of the RPGM version so can't add plugins to it, well shouldn't ;)

Reactions: pk2000

Muyo69

Aug 14, 2018
Can you attach the save file? So many bugs in this game kinda hard to recall them all... See my post one below this one and see if that fixes your issue, scrolling code in 0.96 locks the game up (so does a couple other things but this one is easily fixed.)

My thoughts on what was causing a lot of the issues with previous code confirmed :D
View attachment 1170020
I'm not sure how to turn off plug ins, I tried removing the file from the folder but the game doesn't work if you do that. I attached my saved file if you would take a look i would appreciate it. I have restarted the game twice now and every time I step outside of the hotel the game locks up, I can't even save it at that point.

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I'm not sure how to turn off plug ins, I tried removing the file from the folder but the game doesn't work if you do that. I attached my saved file if you would take a look i would appreciate it. I have restarted the game twice now and every time I step outside of the hotel the game locks up, I can't even save it at that point.
Did you try the file i attached above? in this post? I'll see if the issue is related or not and post / edit this one with results in a few.

Yes your issue is related to the camera scrolling bug. if you install the patch above or manually edit the .js file as mentioned in this post you will be fine when you leave. This bug reoccurs so many times in game play so good to fix it rather than do another type of work around...

Last edited:

Muyo69

Aug 14, 2018
Did you try the file i attached above? in this post? I'll see if the issue is related or not and post / edit this one with results in a few.
Sorry I'm not very good at RPG editing, I thought you meant to go into my plugin and edit it, and you were just showing me where to look. I replaced my plugins file with yours and it worked! Thank you very much. I will post again if I have more issues, I am really enjoying this series. The one thing I'm not a fan of is Lida falling in love with the Hobo, but it's w/e. Thanks again!

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Sorry I'm not very good at RPG editing, I thought you meant to go into my plugin and edit it, and you were just showing me where to look. I replaced my plugins file with yours and it worked! Thank you very much. I will post again if I have more issues, I am really enjoying this series. The one thing I'm not a fan of is Lida falling in love with the Hobo, but it's w/e. Thanks again!
:D great and my findings i posted right at same time you were posting lol

2.50 star(s) 54 Votes