Resand

Sep 23, 2018
By the gods, this isn't a life sim, it's a minimal wage slave sim. All I do is go to work, by makeup, pay more rent. Got no time or money to try anything, because at anytime I might need to buy a new jewelry or pay more rent

Reactions: deluges

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
By the gods, this isn't a life sim, it's a minimal wage slave sim. All I do is go to work, by makeup, pay more rent. Got no time or money to try anything, because at anytime I might need to buy a new jewelry or pay more rent
Maybe you're doing it wrong.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MRen

Jul 10, 2018
Hi all I have a question. I found this in a earlier post:
Can confirm. Second coke visit at Donny's studio causes:

Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Unexpected identifier
<<set $Drug to 7; $StatHygene -= 45; $StatCoke += 4; $StatEnergy -= 75; $StatTan += 3; $StatMorale -= 25; $StatFame += 5; $StatDesire -= 85; $StatIntel -= 5;t $WorkedDonny += 1; $Payment to 6; $Fuck to "FCK">>

Where's the eaten (or added) letter?

OK. NVM.
-= 5;t $WorkedDonny += 1 remove the t. Then it works.
but when I tried to do this in Twine, the new copy is no longer playable. How would I make it work or is it more complicated than just deleting the error and Rebuilding?

icherwin

Jun 8, 2017
Yup, that's the problem. You have to grind the dignity to near zero while very regularly paying the rent and going to work.

You have to behave like the perfect striver, never try out things but exactly follow the prescribed path.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Yup, that's the problem. You have to grind the dignity to near zero while very regularly paying the rent and going to work.

You have to behave like the perfect striver, never try out things but exactly follow the prescribed path.
Hmm sounds to me you are both doing it wrong :)
You don't need 'near zero dignity' at all, You need it to be around 70 for 'real' smut to start, but can be higher if your Intel is really low, or of your Morale is really low, or if you are really drunk, or if you are really high.. etc etc

There are several ways to unlock most events, but some events indeed require you to follow a certain path like any other game really.

The game is still in Beta though, so yes at times I can imagine the 'free' aspect of the game does not feel like 'free' at all. Hopefully by the time we reach V1.0.0, this will change. So thank you for your posts. I will keep it in mind for future development.

Lastly I'd like to say that perhaps this game might not be really matching your preferences. It happens, it sucks, but there is nothing either you or me can do about it :)

Have fun
BurningSun

Resand

Sep 23, 2018
Hmm sounds to me you are both doing it wrong :)
You don't need 'near zero dignity' at all, You need it to be around 70 for 'real' smut to start, but can be higher if your Intel is really low, or of your Morale is really low, or if you are really drunk, or if you are really high.. etc etc../
BurningSun
But low moral or intel means less income. To get drunk or high I need to buy stuff, but I'm barely keeping up with expenses as is. I'm sure I could get the landlord to light up with some persuasion, but to find that I need to explore the game world. And I got no time for that.

icherwin

Jun 8, 2017
How about including events that you only get with high dignity, but low intelligence? (Such an event could also add to the humour in the game...) Or only with low morale when drunk, even if that is problematic concerning income? The game is not too easy, but it has only one direction: to lower dignity (while keeping the income up). Since you already have introduced several parameters, it should be easy to diversify a little.

On the other hand, there is the problem that mistakes are punished too drastically. Forgetting to go to work twice and the job is gone, for example. If one toned down the punishments a bit, one would feel freer in attempting various things. Forgetting to go to work twice yielding only a temporarily paycut, for instance.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
How about including events that you only get with high dignity, but low intelligence? (Such an event could also add to the humour in the game...) Or only with low morale when drunk, even if that is problematic concerning income? The game is not too easy, but it has only one direction: to lower dignity (while keeping the income up). Since you already have introduced several parameters, it should be easy to diversify a little.

On the other hand, there is the problem that mistakes are punished too drastically. Forgetting to go to work twice and the job is gone, for example. If one toned down the punishments a bit, one would feel freer in attempting various things. Forgetting to go to work twice yielding only a temporarily paycut, for instance.
First of all, thank you for the criticism, it always helps!

Secendly, there are actually already a load of events in the game that check (Intel + Morale) or (Drunk + Intel) or other combinations. Some examples:

There are more honestly, though I admit I thought I would be able to find a lot more much easier. Rest assured more of these kind of options are 1) already in the game & 2) will be added to the game. That is a promise as I agree it should NOT be all about dignity, though obviously it is a big driver.

I've posted a Roadmap on the first page. Check out the update planner and you will see that I intend to rework the jobs in V0.8.9. Some of the MAIN things I will be looking at will be:

Thanks again for your post and hopefully the above is a 'proper' answer.

Cheers
BurningSun

wegwerf93

Jul 3, 2018
Thanks for being so open to criticism BurningSun.
I must say I played this game for hours and I still haven't found everything you just mentioned in your Spoiler. But I think thats a good thing.
I only play this game on Easy mode, Normal is just too difficult and stressful. So I can understand, that other Players find it to be too grindy. Why does Lizzy get paid based on her mood? Pay her for every hour she works an perhaps a bit more when she studied a bit. Maybe that would make it a little less grindy and more realistic honestly.

P.S. Need those updates pls :D

eldude69

Aug 17, 2017
I think the main problem right now is, rent is too high and gets even higher really fast, as opposed to how much you get paid.
You can't really save much money in this game to have some freedom.
One week pursuing events in town and not working and you're kinda fucked.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
I think the main problem right now is, rent is too high and gets even higher really fast, as opposed to how much you get paid.
You can't really save much money in this game to have some freedom.
One week pursuing events in town and not working and you're kinda fucked.
Isn't the whole reason for the landlord increasing rent so the landlord to get you to pay other ways? Trying to corrupt you and giving you little choice. Typically in these corruption games, everyone is trying to corrupt you.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
When is the next update coming sun??
That reminds me that 50 years ago "waiting for the sun" by THE DOORS came out. Great album. And there is a song by the doors with the same title which came out later, on "Morrison Hotel":

Waiting for the sun
Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting
Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting
Waiting for you to come along
Waiting for you to hear my song
Waiting for you to come along
Waiting for you to tell me what went wrong
This is the strangest life I've ever known

Jim Morrison sure was a seer! Now we are here waiting for the sun to release the update. Can't be coincidental, I'm sure!

D

Deleted member 12053

I encountered something weird
If Lizzy is still a virgin and meets Donny on the beach she gets to suck him and the next week she can visit Donny. He and Bill have real sex with her (Cocain is involved) however, the scene ends with this error:
Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Unexpected identifier
<<set $Drug to 7; $StatHygene -= 45; $StatCoke += 4; $StatEnergy -= 75; $StatTan += 3; $StatMorale -= 25; $StatFame += 5; $StatDesire -= 85; $StatIntel -= 5;t $WorkedDonny += 1; $Payment to 6; $Fuck to "FCK">>

The Scene then loops with the same error every time Lizzy visits Donny in the Studio after that

I have no idea where to find the bad evaluation or what the unexpected identifier is inside the HTML file to fix it my self.
Got a clue what to do?

EDIT: Loaded a save and lost virginity yet the scene still loops

D

Deleted member 12053

@Thereisnospoon
Yeah that fixed it, Thank you! :FeelsGoodMan:
May the coke abuse continue :eazyHype:
One scene later: Oh damn :FeelsBadMan:

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Hello there

Any thoughts on expanding random and environmental events that Lizzy might watch or partake in?
Some ideas..

- walking in on a couple having shower sex early on in the game
* she's flustered and runs away
* she's seen by one of the participants and teased the first time/asked to join the second time and onwards if yes, business as usual after that
- catching a couple having sex behind a dune when walking on the beach
- more frequent frisbee/volleyball/badminton or other game invitations at the park and beach the higher your fitness is
- more resident interactions around the house
* meeting in the hallway, when leaving rent and saying hi
* in the kitchen at some hours of the day
* getting invited for picnics, BBQ, movie night
* going shopping together
* complain about high prices and random gossip
* minor tidbits that make it seem like you're not the only resident around
- mini pub distractions
* some drunk guy stumbling
* football night with potential waitressing due to high influx of customers
* someone spilling their drinks on Lizzy and the clean up
* finding dropped items to pocket or give to the owner
* more liberal girls to gawk at

That's it for now. I have no expectations, but I'm leaving these in writing, just in case.

Skjall

Nov 4, 2017
Hi all I have a question. I found this in a earlier post:

but when I tried to do this in Twine, the new copy is no longer playable. How would I make it work or is it more complicated than just deleting the error and Rebuilding?
Better late then never I guess. :)
I just opened a html with notepad, searched for the error, and saved as a html again.
But the next visit is a game over scenario, so don't bother.

MRen

Jul 10, 2018
Better late then never I guess. :)
I just opened a html with notepad, searched for the error, and saved as a html again.
But the next visit is a game over scenario, so don't bother.
Thank you for answering anyway.

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes