tramtoriana2

Oct 4, 2018
I created one (however its a bit more a result of my completionist tendencies than being super simple)

Life in Santa County v.0.8.1 Walkthrough

View attachment 2793072

Local: View attachment 2793071
Alternative: Google Drive

Edit: (20230723) updated to 0.8.1

Note: While phonefix below was originally released for 0.7.2, it still works for 8.1 (phone mixes up attributes, but its just a display error not affecting the game)
will you do 0.9.0 version?

Parigi5

Feb 2, 2024
is this game broken or something? there is a whole ass sex scene with Karen before school where it all just black screen, then ittle be like 4 options of what to do next (doggy style) then black screen with text describing the scene wtf is goin on this is a 12 gig game no way they skimping on animation scenes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
is this game broken or something? there is a whole ass sex scene with Karen before school where it all just black screen, then ittle be like 4 options of what to do next (doggy style) then black screen with text describing the scene wtf is goin on this is a 12 gig game no way they skimping on animation scenes
It might be this?

We are also aware of a bug affecting the revamped Karen-Phill animations, which will be addressed in this upcoming update.
They mean for the update they "say" is "coming next week".

But I just checked, all animations play fine here and no black screens, the animations are quite heavy, maybe try my compressed version.

Parigi5

Feb 2, 2024
It might be this?

But I just checked, all animations play fine here and no black screens, the animations are quite heavy, maybe try my compressed version.
no its the scene with just mc and Karen after she asks to see you in the morning and im running the full version i can tell there is supposed to be animation there cause when i roll back it shows bits of the scene but the whole thing is just a black screen

Parigi5

Feb 2, 2024
It might be this?

come to think of it since playing this game i dont think ive seen a single actual animation between every sex scene there is a black transition, i just thought it was one of those games where they use images that go back and forth for animation but im starting to think that those black screen tranistions are just the game not working

Sawada.T

Dec 8, 2017
well i kinda have one. upload the save to , change the 'sario_path' variable to 1, download the new save and paste it in the saves folder, then load it. it worked for me. the catch is that i think it changes the path of the game plus it may cause an error later on. you could revert the change again to 0 after the error is passed tho.
thanks for this, it work for me

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
come to think of it since playing this game i dont think ive seen a single actual animation between every sex scene there is a black transition, i just thought it was one of those games where they use images that go back and forth for animation but im starting to think that those black screen tranistions are just the game not working
Hmm, strange, I know the animations are rather large. Do you get the animation with the aunt moving her tits back and forth on the kitchen table/bar?

NewSeal

Jan 9, 2024
Is it just me or does the reworked content make even less sense than it did before? I started from the beginning since my saves were gone (and I forgot most of this one anyway), but it's almost like there are entire scenes missing so I don't know what the fuck is going on.

For example, I just got to the part where Lauren is crying in the girls bathroom and she says "Just as I thought it was going smooth, they pin it on me", and mentions evidence and witnesses, and about catching guys selling drugs... but none of that was shown in this version so this scene feels way out of context.
Generally, without incest this game's story becomes kinda all over the place. Like yeah I live with these people and we act like we've known each other our entire lives but we met for the first time a couple years back, and also act like it's taboo for us to get romantically/physically intimate because uuh reasons I guess? Yeah totally weird for having sex with your female roomates lmao
It becomes pretty obvious the game was made with the "incest nuclear family" premise and got watered down, don't know how the dev is gonna "fix" this in the next updates but I'm really disappointed :/
And tbh the worse part isn't even the fact that they're not related, as you can make a good story about a mc who was taken in by kind people or has a foster family or something, you just have to put actual effort into making the writing/dialog accommodate that in a way that makes sense, but dev just didn't. As of now, the game is just neither one thing nor the other, since they're not really his family but them being his "friends" doesn't make much sense either given the nature of the story.

Parigi5

Feb 2, 2024
Hmm, strange, I know the animations are rather large. Do you get the animation with the aunt moving her tits back and forth on the kitchen table/bar?
like i said not a single real animation just black transition, im on Mac version btw, ima download the pc verison on my laptop to see if thats what it isbut 12 gig is a lot so ittle be an hour or two

Reactions: Abbys_Cat

AgnorWolf

Sep 20, 2020
I feel like this game was always kind of a mess in terms of story and the way characters behaved but people put up with it because the mc had a smoking hot family that people wanted to bang. The renders and animations remain very good but I tired to play this version and all that's left is an absolute car crash of a story in a sequence that makes no sense anymore. I feel like the only people that will be left playing this are the people that play for renders and animations and ignore story. At the end of the day its just sad to see the game in such a state and to never see it live up to its potential.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
like i said not a single real animation just black transition, im on Mac version btw, ima download the pc verison on my laptop to see if thats what it isbut 12 gig is a lot so ittle be an hour or two
Should have just grabbed my compressed version if you are just testing, and besides on a laptop you won't notice the difference.

Parigi5

Feb 2, 2024
Should have just grabbed my compressed version if you are just testing, and besides on a laptop you won't notice the difference.
just tested on my pc and animations work great its 100% just a Mac problem animations dont run on the mac version apparently

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The ipatch both works and doesn't, because there are couple lines in the script.rpy file where the if renpy.loadable("patch.rpy"): line is missing.

I've added this missing line in the script, but i have no time to test it, so, be careful!
And I've edited the update1.rpy too, and if I did it well, the sario_day_2_rise error won't appear anymore.

The attachment contains the modified files, just copy the game folder to the LISC game folder.
Thanks xCalon, I'm looking forward to restarting LISC and this will make for a more immersive run.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: xCalon

Hahn1900

Formerly 'Hahn81'
Jan 3, 2021
Thanks xCalon, I'm looking forward to restarting LISC and this will make for a more immersive run.

nothing immersive about it.

The only change is that MC refers to Lauren as Mom, and to Chloe as aunt... thats it. There are tons of dialogues where the relationship is only mentioned as "friend" at the most.

"working" I-Patch doesnt really mean it works like it should so the game makes sense in that way. If its enough immersion to you that the MC occasional calls Lauren "mom" but everybody else is refering to them as friends and not related at all... so be it.

To call it a working patch just means... i doesnt lead to a lot of crashes, not that it turns the game into an incest game though.

But well, that was discussed a lot now in the last pages... in fact, there is no incest in the game anymore, the DEVs wanted to get rid of it. Before this the DEVs themselfs created the incest part of the game and the i-patch just was the "on/off" switch... that is no more.

I appreciate the effort trying to create a i-patch though... but yeah, a proper i-patch need to change a lot of the game to make sense now.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
For the love of God, because things change, leave things as they are, I understand that one thing is patreon, that they are delicate about everything, but this is f95, here we love that Lauren is Mc's biological mother. I hope they please fix that in the full version. We are not crazy like those on Patreon who do not have anything related to incest because it is bad, clowns
The dev is getting meaningful $ support vis Patreon.

This means that the dev Must attempt to stay within Patreon's TOS or get banned.

Does it suck - Yes!

Patreon does not care...

I know of at least 3 AVNs with incest that were just outright banned by Patreon (in the last two months) - so whatever $ support they relied on to make ends meet - Gone!

I hope that the dev is trying to get LISC on SubscribeStar - which does not care about incest and it Is a way to support a dev with $.

I have not tried it yet but xCalon just updated an iPatch to try to make the M/S relationship more consistent across the AVN.

Check post #7885, page #395

FYI - cinematics with embedded relationship references are unlikely to change.

Reactions: Fauno36
3.90 star(s) 183 Votes