3.40 star(s) 45 Votes

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
How to win at poker with Tara??
Bet small at first. I lost a couple of times when the buy-in was $200+, but after that it is just playing blackjack...though at the end I threw caution to the wind and started betting 50 and doubling if my cards showed less than 10.

Reactions: aRtor.s
Oct 15, 2021
I figure I'll give my two cents in regards to the blackjack minigame since there's so many people crying about it.
This is how I tend to play in games that include it, so take it with a grain of salt. Experiences may vary.

1: Hitting anything from 18 or above is asking for trouble. (Not that it's impossible to get something better, just unlikely.)
2: Anything below 15 you wanna hit. Even if you've got an ace, there's little chance you're gonna beat her with that.
3: Having either a 16 or 17 is very tricky. Look at what she's got, and keep in mind the rules on the board. If she's showing a 7 or less, she's likely gonna need to hit.
4: Personally I tend to go for the highest bet possible. If my last hand sucked, I'd go for either half of my last bet or whatever would bring me to the nearest ten if I lose the "current" hand. (That last part is specifically just because I like it when things are orderly like that, there's no real underlying reason for it.)
5: Savescum. If you really don't wanna have to deal with luck or chance in a game, you should be savescumming. This applies to New Vegas, the RDR games, or any other games that include gambling and the ability to save manually. (The abuse of this might end up with you not having as much fun, but that's another discussion entirely.)
6: I don't split. I just don't care to.
7: I focus on one character at a time, finish their story, then move on to the next so that if money's tight, I can sleep it off, then do work on the PC till I got the cash. Dunno if this really counts as a "tip" per-se, but I figure I'd include it just to be safe.

Reactions: BiggusDikkus

aRtor.s

Jan 23, 2022
Are the stages of the game over? There was a picture of Tara on the patreon site that was not in the stages!!

Last edited:

Phil9999

Apr 8, 2021
I sincerely hope that more people will take this game as an example of why praising and putting faith/money in games simply for their ‘potential’ is asinine.
I don't blame people for doing it near the start. When it launched, it was pretty barebones (I mean ... it still is ...) but had pretty cute art and we weren't quite as woke about the whole Patreon milking thing yet, if it was doing stuff like how it launched every few months, that's another Summertime Saga on our hands (which ... ironically, is what SS is now, a milkathon).

I do blame people for doing it after a bit. That's just money thrown away at this point and enabling this kind of behavior.

I feel a little scummy putting them down, wouldn't be surprised if the devs genuinely work hard and cry a little inside when people accuse them. If anything they need to be more transparent about their goals, that roadmap recently was so obviously not going to get followed it makes me question their integrity, and not a few weeks after they posted it they were already deviating.

Reactions: ChocolotoMilkiliky
Dec 6, 2021
I feel a little scummy putting them down, wouldn't be surprised if the devs genuinely work hard and cry a little inside when people accuse them.
Don't feel scummy. They genuinely don't care about customers. They cross advertise, respond with ads, and push every money making possibility to the max without answering questions on their Patreon or fixing bugs that have been in the game for over two years.

I feel scummy for even writing in this thread because I know it has idiots who actually pay those scammers.

Escanrør

Nov 10, 2018
can't play (mac user)... when i try to open the game it says "unable to find the game"...can someone help me?

3.40 star(s) 45 Votes