3.40 star(s) 45 Votes

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
I am getting a lot of crashes.
Also, I can't change the resolution and it keeps going out of full-screen mode randomly so I lose part of the picture.

EDIT:
Bug 1: Talking to Tara soft locks the game. Her convo menu won't disappear and can only quick load as the rest of the menu options don't work.
Bug 2: Talking to Janice or Lily crashes the game when you try to leave the convo.
Bug 3: Apparently talking to any character outside of a story either causes a soft lock or a hard crash.
Bug 4: Lily's handjob scene is still bugged and completely inaccessible in story.
Bug 5: Something the game does fucks up your desktop in a way that you can't drag files in to different positions.

The last one is downright impressive in its incompetence. I manage windows servers for a living and am familiar with Unity and I can't figure out how he did it. Only thing that seems to fix it is a system restart or restarting my video drivers. The fact that the game hard locks your resolution tells me the video setting sync at first runtime has been fucked with, which makes no sense since Unity does most of that setup automatically for the dev, you have to manually go in and fuck it up!

Last edited:

Phil9999

Apr 8, 2021
Also, I can't change the resolution and it keeps going out of full-screen mode randomly so I lose part of the picture.
This is what I was afraid of. Their last two updates have required hotfixes just to even get through them, I remember a couple updates ago I couldn't even attempt to save/load the game without it completely crashing the game. To be fair they fixed them relatively promptly but you gotta wonder why it's considered acceptable to launch like this, it's not like you have to click some random pixel to get a crash or some very specific sequence breaks the game.

Oh well I'm actually looking forward to this, all of my bitching aside.

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
I wish there was a way to limit fps , getting 1000 fps feels both wrong and it feels like it is affecting how well the game runs .
You can use an FPS limiter for that. If you have an Nvidia card you can set the FPS cap from the nvidia control menu. AMD has an option to do that as well.
There is also the option of downloading MSI Afterburner, it's a GPU overclocking utility but it comes with Riva Statistics Tuner which lets you set FPS caps on any individual program; it works on integrated graphics as well.

Last edited:

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Here is my save files with everything I could find unlocked. The saves are broken up throughout the game right before almost every sex scene.
Just unpack everything in to C:\Users\[your PC name here]\AppData\Local\lifeinwoodchester

Also, wasn't there supposed to be a Tara lifting sex scene? Wasn't in the game or gallery.
And just FYI for everyone, you still can't kiss Tara.

Last edited:

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Overlay coordinate issue, seems the layers weren't sized correctly or someone went in manually and altered the coordinates.
Art is created in layers as a way to conserve resources both by the artist and the game engine. A base is drawn without stuff like facial expressions or even arms or legs then X amount of layers are added on top of eachother with those items so they can be switched out to simulate motion. Programs like Photoshop or any game engine use an internal coordinate grid to align those layers.

Mistakes like that are really sloppy, especially since they can be caught easily with a simple script (the equivalent of spellcheck but for graphics) pretty sure a lot of engines even have some alignment scripts built in...
By the looks of it no bug checking was done at all since I am finding bugs I remember seeing the last time I played this almost a year ago.

Does the dev publish the source code anywhere? I would love to get a look at it, most of the errors I found can be fixed in under 30 minutes if you know what you are doing. The convo menu crashes are really egregious, menu terminators at the end of dialog are literally one line of code that can be copy and pasted without any modifications. Unity convo menu's are basically a glorified switch statement in a loop, it's literally one of the first things you learn in any intro to coding class in high-school.

Last edited:

Alex2527

Jun 6, 2017
Patch notes below:

0.12.2 HOTFIX
  • Fixed open world sometimes bugging out due to missing variable.

0.12.1 HOTFIX
  • Fixed not being able to stop talking to Tara
  • Janice Bangs fixed in Cuddle Crash
  • Removed Cass & Molly from Open World (They need more time in the oven)

theyakuzi

Jun 4, 2021

EDIT:
Bug 1: Talking to Tara soft locks the game. Her convo menu won't disappear and can only quick load as the rest of the menu options don't work.
Bug 2: Talking to Janice or Lily crashes the game when you try to leave the convo.
Bug 3: Apparently talking to any character outside of a story either causes a soft lock or a hard crash.
Bug 4: Lily's handjob scene is still bugged and completely inaccessible in story.
Bug 5: Something the game does fucks up your desktop in a way that you can't drag files in to different positions.

The last one is downright impressive in its incompetence. I manage windows servers for a living and am familiar with Unity and I can't figure out how he did it. Only thing that seems to fix it is a system restart or restarting my video drivers. The fact that the game hard locks your resolution tells me the video setting sync at first runtime has been fucked with, which makes no sense since Unity does most of that setup automatically for the dev, you have to manually go in and fuck it up!
It's a dev build, report it on their discord

3.40 star(s) 45 Votes