VN Ren'Py Abandoned Life is Hard [v0.3.6.2] [MarshmelloGames]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
banner.png

Overview:
You play as a woman who lost your husband, now living with a teenage boy and girl in a small house. Supporting the household now falls to you, but you don't really have a job. It's now up to you get the skills to make some money. How? That's up to you!​

Thread Updated: 2020-12-06
Release Date: 2020-12-06
Developer: MarshmelloGames - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.3.6.2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - - -
Mac
(v0.3.6): - - - - -
Others: ANDROID* -
Unofficial Mac

Extras: Walkthrough Mod

*This port/version is unofficial and not released by the developer. Download at your own risk!

d1m1_001.png d1m1_007.png d1m1_031.png d1m1_039.png d1m1_062.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
This game does look promising so far, not much content atm, but enough to know the background.
The concept has potential, playing as a mother turning into a slut, though feels a bit run of the mill for a corruption game. Renders are nice, but it could be improved, the navigation system can be a bit better, as well. I take it English isn't the developer's native language because of the sentence structure and misspelled words.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018
I like The idea of a female MC incest game. Much like lots of other female MC games there is an endless stream of non family NPC's trying to get with the female MC. I like that it is at least avoidable in the demo. I can certainly respect peoples creativity, and the genre's people are into. Personally I would love to find a female MC incest game that focused exclusively on family relationships and did not bother with endless streams of NPC's outside of the family. I do appreciate the MC having the choices, hopefully as things progress we can have the daughter avoid anyone outside the family also. Thank you for your effort, and I look forward to see how this progresses.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I just checked this game out version 0.0.1, and here are my thoughts so far.

The Good:

The renders are nice in terms of models and poses.

The story has been told before, but it is a good story to tell. Corruption based female protagonist.

The fact that you have choices / can reject advances is nice.

The Bad:

The opening line, "Don't forget to support us on Patreon to keep us going" is not the best opening line to use... Gives that feeling of, "If we don't immediately start making good money we are going to abandon this." feeling. A better line would have been something like "If you enjoyed our demo please consider supporting us on Patreon.", and it's better to put such a thing back end not front end. Better as the last line instead of a first line.

Needs incest patches (possibly rape patches too judging by where this story seems to be going) if you are to continue on patreon.

I think it is a mistake to release a game this early. It's like serving people undercooked food. There is a couple of minutes worth of gameplay, and 20 renders. My yet to be released new game is significantly longer and not close to being released.

The Engrish is strong in this one. It's clear that it is written by a non-native English speaker.

The Renders often times have grain on them and need to be retouched with GIMP or Photoshop. Also, I noticed some lighting changes in between renders on the same scene.

The wrong transitions are used sometimes I think. It's always a "fade" sometimes a "dissolve" would be better used when shifting from two images in the same scene, but fading from 1 scene to next is fine.

The pacing feels... "Off" for lack of a better term. Perhaps this is due to a lack of any character development. After the patreon statement here is the first line of dialogue:

"Gosh, What should I do? He died a month ago who was spending money on us"
"There is no time for sad"

This makes the character come off as cold / money hungry. The Engrish makes it even worse. Better written would sound something like (which is just me off the cuff writing her dialogue).

"Has it really been a month? It feels like only yesterday since his heart attack. Now he is gone forever. I miss my husband so much."
"I have to be strong for my children's sake, they are suffering too. I don't want them to pity me. I need to be strong for them like their father was. It would make me even more depressed if they saw me crying. I can't just mope around all day anymore like I have been doing. I have to take action and be strong. The bills are not going to pay themself."

Characters need to be written with passion and feelings, and not like robots on a mission.

Also, something seems illogical in the story so far. Apparently, they are "New to the neighborhood", but the husband just died a month ago, and she doesn't have a job yet. I would presume they are still living at the "old house" where he lived with them as she has not started work yet. So a better opener would be to start at some fancy pants mansion, then showing them having to sell off some stuff at an auction maybe... toss ina moving van to the more modest home... The downgrade, if it happened, is not yet shown (only loosely implied), and if it didn't happen it doesn't make sense for them to have just moved.

instancabile

Dec 10, 2017
I just checked this game out version 0.0.1, and here are my thoughts so far.

The Good:

The renders are nice in terms of models and poses.

The story has been told before, but it is a good story to tell. Corruption based female protagonist.

The fact that you have choices / can reject advances is nice.

The Bad:

The opening line, "Don't forget to support us on Patreon to keep us going" is not the best opening line to use... Gives that feeling of, "If we don't immediately start making good money we are going to abandon this." feeling. A better line would have been something like "If you enjoyed our demo please consider supporting us on Patreon.", and it's better to put such a thing back end not front end. Better as the last line instead of a first line.

Needs incest patches (possibly rape patches too judging by where this story seems to be going) if you are to continue on patreon.

I think it is a mistake to release a game this early. It's like serving people undercooked food. There is a couple of minutes worth of gameplay, and 20 renders. My yet to be released new game is significantly longer and not close to being released.

The Engrish is strong in this one. It's clear that it is written by a non-native English speaker.

The Renders often times have grain on them and need to be retouched with GIMP or Photoshop. Also, I noticed some lighting changes in between renders on the same scene.

The wrong transitions are used sometimes I think. It's always a "fade" sometimes a "dissolve" would be better used when shifting from two images in the same scene, but fading from 1 scene to next is fine.

The pacing feels... "Off" for lack of a better term. Perhaps this is due to a lack of any character development. After the patreon statement here is the first line of dialogue:

"Gosh, What should I do? He died a month ago who was spending money on us"
"There is no time for sad"

This makes the character come off as cold / money hungry. The Engrish makes it even worse. Better written would sound something like (which is just me off the cuff writing her dialogue).

"Has it really been a month? It feels like only yesterday since his heart attack. Now he is gone forever. I miss my husband so much."
"I have to be strong for my children's sake, they are suffering too. I don't want them to pity me. I need to be strong for them like their father was. It would make me even more depressed if they saw me crying. I can't just mope around all day anymore like I have been doing. I have to take action and be strong. The bills are not going to pay themself."

Characters need to be written with passion and feelings, and not like robots on a mission.

Also, something seems illogical in the story so far. Apparently, they are "New to the neighborhood", but the husband just died a month ago, and she doesn't have a job yet. I would presume they are still living at the "old house" where he lived with them as she has not started work yet. So a better opener would be to start at some fancy pants mansion, then showing them having to sell off some stuff at an auction maybe... toss ina moving van to the more modest home... The downgrade, if it happened, is not yet shown (only loosely implied), and if it didn't happen it doesn't make sense for them to have just moved.
Thanks... those are all great advices. Constructive criticism it's always well received

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Another dead father...
Well, when there is a son, fathers have tough lives in novels with the Patreon-taboo tag... And if they are not dead, they are first-class-assholes...
Maybe that's why they banned novels with this tag ? Too many dead and assholes fathers ? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Jackell100

Dec 9, 2017
The renders in the bedroom and the bus are a little dark for my screen. Maybe a brightness feature if possible?

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes