VN Ren'Py Abandoned Life is Hard [v0.3.6.2] [MarshmelloGames]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VCB.cool

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2019
Why isn't it free now???? It's simple, as I'm the game developer, I respect those who paid to help us do it. So I consider it fair that they can play before the others. That's why I will publish the update next Wednesday because our Patreon already received it directly. Or support us and you'll get the game fast. ;)

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
game like this need several free update so they can grow like deliverance game.. it was free until chapter 4 or 5 and then he just released it for patreon and then came in f95! ok ?
It has nothing to do with free updates whether a game gains a big following or not, it is simply the taste of patrons. Free updates won't help with that not to mention that you'll get them for free anyway even if its a few days later.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
Unfortunately 0011 is preparing for an exam so he won't be able to Port the game till 16th
Are you for real? Exam can wait tell him to make the damn port cant you see that the gentlemen's need to choke their chicken.ooof So unreal.I repeat.. This is not a drill take us to defcon 4.:FacePalm:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
"Life is hard, the farmhand said. Oink, the pig replied!"

Nothing at all in relation to the game but its title

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
I just checked this game out version 0.0.1, and here are my thoughts so far.

The Good:

The renders are nice in terms of models and poses.

The story has been told before, but it is a good story to tell. Corruption based female protagonist.

The fact that you have choices / can reject advances is nice.

The Bad:

The opening line, "Don't forget to support us on Patreon to keep us going" is not the best opening line to use... Gives that feeling of, "If we don't immediately start making good money we are going to abandon this." feeling. A better line would have been something like "If you enjoyed our demo please consider supporting us on Patreon.", and it's better to put such a thing back end not front end. Better as the last line instead of a first line.

Needs incest patches (possibly rape patches too judging by where this story seems to be going) if you are to continue on patreon.

I think it is a mistake to release a game this early. It's like serving people undercooked food. There is a couple of minutes worth of gameplay, and 20 renders. My yet to be released new game is significantly longer and not close to being released.

The Engrish is strong in this one. It's clear that it is written by a non-native English speaker.

The Renders often times have grain on them and need to be retouched with GIMP or Photoshop. Also, I noticed some lighting changes in between renders on the same scene.

The wrong transitions are used sometimes I think. It's always a "fade" sometimes a "dissolve" would be better used when shifting from two images in the same scene, but fading from 1 scene to next is fine.

The pacing feels... "Off" for lack of a better term. Perhaps this is due to a lack of any character development. After the patreon statement here is the first line of dialogue:

"Gosh, What should I do? He died a month ago who was spending money on us"
"There is no time for sad"

This makes the character come off as cold / money hungry. The Engrish makes it even worse. Better written would sound something like (which is just me off the cuff writing her dialogue).

"Has it really been a month? It feels like only yesterday since his heart attack. Now he is gone forever. I miss my husband so much."
"I have to be strong for my children's sake, they are suffering too. I don't want them to pity me. I need to be strong for them like their father was. It would make me even more depressed if they saw me crying. I can't just mope around all day anymore like I have been doing. I have to take action and be strong. The bills are not going to pay themself."

Characters need to be written with passion and feelings, and not like robots on a mission.

Also, something seems illogical in the story so far. Apparently, they are "New to the neighborhood", but the husband just died a month ago, and she doesn't have a job yet. I would presume they are still living at the "old house" where he lived with them as she has not started work yet. So a better opener would be to start at some fancy pants mansion, then showing them having to sell off some stuff at an auction maybe... toss ina moving van to the more modest home... The downgrade, if it happened, is not yet shown (only loosely implied), and if it didn't happen it doesn't make sense for them to have just moved.
I was just going to comment on the latest update, but after reading your post there was noting that needed to be said. Not much has changed since. I did read their Patreon page and it seems this newest update is a reboot from the original team. The developers have a shiny new Patreon page and claim that the original developers abandoned the project. They also claim to be noobs at developing. The Engrish as you stated is still horrible as is the writing. The graphics are OK but are the typical DAZ 3D copies. The M/C reminds me of the same model used in "A Wife And A Mother". Looks like I'm gonna delete this until maybe much further down the road then give another test run.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Well, this game started going down a path that interested me, now this seems like another reboot, and one that just left me thinking I am probably going to not worry about this game in the future.

May 24, 2020
Why are there more thinks about the son and very little about the daughter, I can see that track the new Dev is going down but I hope I'm wrong. If they continue this way it would be a mistake.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
This has potential, but Dev...ask someone who is a native English speaker to help you edit your story. If you leave it as is, you're going to loose everyone's interest.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes