VN Ren'Py Abandoned Life Of Kiki [v0.03 Preview] [Echidna]

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes

Migral

Aug 2, 2017
for those of you who don't visit the patron page of this dev, he just posted this...
merry christmas to all of you:cool:

Hello my dears!!!
I wish you happy holidays with your loved ones.
Enjoy it and celebrates great!!!

What else is there to mention???

as already told in an earlier post, the last weeks have been very stressful for me and unfortunately the progress of life of kiki has suffered a lot...
but now I have until the second january vacation and there will be nothing else but to publish the next update!!!

at this point I would like to especially thank all active patrons for their faithfulness...
I appreciate that you still believe in me although I'm unfortunately at the moment not able to supply you with new content as fast as I would like to...thank you for that!!!!!

also I have a great message to make regarding the game, by pure coincidence I met someone from the states, after getting to know each other, we talked about life of kiki, he immediately tried the game and gave me constructive criticism.
In any case, he's an experienced mature personality which I have learned to appreciate very much in this short time. And now I have a proofreader!!!

in the future he will help me to correct all spelling mistakes as well as to gramatically correct the texts if they should make absolutely no sense. (no he did not correct this text:)

and the very best is that he will help me to give all characters more depth, so that you can identify with them better and get a better idea about them.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming improvements of the game, it will be really awesome!!!

Now I just have to find more time to deliver faster!!!!

that's it from my side at the moment, so once again I thank you all, the patrons, the followers, the visitors and all the others I've forgotten for your support over the past months and I wish you all a really great christmas enjoying it and soon we'll see more of kiki.

I love you all...

your echidna

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

hello everyone,
hope you had a great start into the new year!!!
short info about the status of the game:
at the moment I'm programming/writing. After that only a few additional drawings remain to be made, if necessary...so it doesn't look so bad on the whole, if there are no coding problems;-)
This update will probably be the last where it represents a whole day in Life of Kiki.
then it really starts, because from the fourth day on Kiki goes to the academy and gets to know her classmates and builds relationships with them and much more, so from then on it will be possible for me to design the updates longer because she can only experience a few smaller events after the lesson, so I can continue for example with the next morning, just like it's the case in other games;-)
So you can take the previous updates as intro where you laid the first foundation for your Kiki with your decisions. So far you have been able to define five directions which will have a massive influence on further updates...look forward to it:D
(I just have to make sure I don't mess up the texting so it works out, but hey I now have a proofreader which will take care of that, yeah)
As you can see I am still very motivated and can hardly wait to update!!!
By the way I was told by a patron that he's afraid that I would stop?! (how cute:))
To this question I can only say the following:
I'm aware that my updates don't appear as fast as I and you would like them to, or maybe others devs do. Believe me, this probably bothers me even more than you, but unfortunately it's really not possible for me to invest more time in the game than I already do, I've already mentioned the reasons in other posts, I work to 100% and then other commitments and so on...
But I don't want to cry around here, it's very simple, I don't stop creating the game!!!!!!
I think we all just need a little more patience and of course more patrons and then the whole thing comes really good;-)
thank you all
your echidna

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hello all together...
this time no excuses, apologies and the same.
Situation looks like this: 3/4 of the text has just been proofreader and has been revised. On the whole it's not bad, also my tense mistakes have been corrected.
I also got inputs for the storyline which are useful and I want to use for the rest too.
I lost time deciding which scenes to use for which route.
Because there are 5 routes in the game at the moment:

innocentroute
bitchyroute
kinkyroute
normroute
naiveroute

Still to be done:
the last drawings (scenes and sprites), the number is not defined yet
and of course the last quarter of the text.
as you can see, there's plenty of work and I'm on it, that I can't manage to keep you informed more regularly is another story, I'm aware of that and of course I'm sorry too, but it doesn't help to mention it every time if I don't improve it!!! (shame on me)
But also in this case there will be improvement, because my proofreader has already rebuked me massively and will stress me regularly, maybe it's exactly what I need!!!
So I now have two pages of pressure, on the one hand the pressure to you dear patrons (the obligation to supply you with life of kiki) and on the other hand the pressure of my proofreader, because he finally takes the time to help me.
Further course of events, this weekend is reserved for the game and hopefully I will finish as much as possible so that I don't have to claim too much patience from all of you anymore.
I really appreciate your existing support and please don't think that I'm not serious with the game or that I'm just looking for fast money, because honestly dear friends, if it would go after money, I would have to stop the effort immediately because yield is absolutely out of proportion right now, you see that yourself...
Of course this can change at any time, but first I have to deliver more, but of course every new patron is still very welcome.
Thank you all for everything so far and see you soon...
your echidna

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
It's funny that every time I try and remember what this game is called I keep thinking "Life of Eva"...

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes