Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

In line with the broad plans for 2020, the first update of the year, v2.16, will introduce sound into the game:
- Sound effects (oral, thrusting, male & female moans) for the sex scenes
- Background ambience sound loops for most location types in the game, for a more immersive experience
- Sound effects for various UI elements, also highlighting when something positive or negative happens during gameplay
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Estimated Release Date: 11 January (with a release candidate for public beta testing out at least 24 hours in advance)

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
That seems weird, because the checks to this scene to run are:
WHO: Dating = getSpecific(Dating); If Dating.isPregnant() || Player.isPregnant()

which means either you or your gf need to be pregnant for this scene to come up. Do you have any more details about this?
You're right, turned out my character was pregnant - clearly through some bizarre bug, given that A. she'd never actually taken a dick, B. there was no father data (BP check pregnancy just showed a t-posing dude with a blank name), C. she was apparently 54 days pregnant yet on a save made 3 days prior she wasn't pregnant at all.

Absolutely no idea what happened, but it wasn't an issue with this scene at least :p

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
I see the issue where incest relationships result in your partner being renamed (in dialogue) to their relationship with you is still around.

name1.png

Also she suddenly got her own apartment the instant we started dating, which was a little weird, but I imagine unavoidable given the way incest relationships are created.
And there are still some events that really should check for isExRelative that don't - I'll try to spend some time making a list over the next few days

Reactions: Yarla

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
I decided to move from Bangkok to New Orleans. It was just easier for me to understand the currency. I sold all my slaves and made around $60,000. I moved into a new home, but did not have to build any Dungeon Rooms or a Harem Room.

I did have to re-enroll in College. Got all new course mates. My old course mates from Bangkok turned into acquaintances.
All my NPC's came with me but there roles all changed to acquaintances.
Yarla
Noted: Although as the move map is button hard coded, I am not sure I can fix that. The problem is the scripts are tied to the player and not the location, so you are sort of carrying the dungeon on your player as it were. However I will see if there is some sort of hack I can do, script end. Already on to something I think.
zia
Found and fixed the only 1 harem girl, update later tonight. And wow was that an embaressing bug, I so need to be more carefull with cut and paste!

sexybastardo

Modder
Jul 15, 2017
I see the issue where incest relationships result in your partner being renamed (in dialogue) to their relationship with you is still around.
As far as I know this isn't a bug, it was planned like this from vinfamy.

Also she suddenly got her own apartment the instant we started dating, which was a little weird, but I imagine unavoidable given the way incest relationships are created.
No, it isn't. I could fix it, will check this for the new goodbye.

And there are still some events that really should check for isExRelative that don't - I'll try to spend some time making a list over the next few days
THAT would be really helpful!! :)

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
I'll leave Vinfamy to answer some of those but for the "- playing matchmaker. Let me select who I want to try to bring together." part you can install the NPC Relationship Manager mod and set up any kind of relationship you want between NPCs.
I know, but it's not as fun as an actual quest/sequence. It's lifeless. Especially for some pairings (for example, sisters)

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Don't worry about it. Found out everything is attached to my main character. So I am working on making a whole family. See if I can flip my main characters back and forth between me and my bf. An experiment in a sense.
Wow, You just sparked an idea there. What if you could actualy change between characters in game, play the man for a while then switch to his wife, then the kids, the neighbour! and that might actualy be sort of doable in a mod, if there was interest!

Jul 28, 2019
Has/can anyone add syntax highlighting for the .lp* files to ? (since I'm using linux notepad++ is not possible)

Assuming that I may have to do it myself and being out of my depth which of the following would be the correct/closest filetype to base a custom configuration on:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Dungeon Mod V3.3 The Harem Update 2
Original Details https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v2-15-vinfamy.11321/post-2768786
What is included
Harem room: You can now have sex with two harem girls, this is just the start. I plan to develop it so you can use harem girl to also train/coerce slaves in the Dungeon. To do this have girl 1 follow the player(follow me option in harem) this will make them a companion. then visit harem girl 2, choose the sex option and you will now have multiple options.

Mod the Dungeon Mod: Ok sounds silly but stay with me. I have made an option so that ANYONE can access the dungeon. Write your base story script, and where you want the kidnap to happen use this

Actor.makePermanent()
Actor.passOn()
followUp(LL_capture_npc)

Then end your script
One caveat: this will not work with temp npc's hence "Actor.makePermanent()" Which means if you call this and there are no spaces in your dungeon, the npc will be loose in the world. I will handle this later.
Obviously "Actor" needs to be replaced with whatever the npc handle is eg companion etc
Now hopefully someone else will write some kidnap scripts

@sexybastardo
Slaves now have a Var so:

slave = Actor.getActorVar(Slave)
if slave == 1 //Actor is a slave
if slave ==2 //Actor is a harem girl

anything else and it isnt a slave. Hope this helps, Obviously slaves shouldnt be accessing the midwife etc options, but no reason harem girls cant.

What isnt included yet.
Fluff stuff, build cost, conversations, basic filler.
Quirks, each slave will have a random action that has a much greater impact on stats.
To Install
Unpack into the Lifeplay main folder(where Lifeplay.exe is)
End result should look like this "LifePlay\LifePlay\Content\Modules\LL_SlaveTrainer\"
If the "LL_SlaveTrainer" folder isnt in Modules, One of us did something wrong!
Enable LL_SlaveTrainer in the mods menu.
To use
Menu/Crime/Harem - Please build the harem before trying to use it
Menu/Crime/Dungeon - Build and visit your Dungeon
Menu/Crime/Hunt for Slaves - Get more slaves!
Fixed
Fixed Bug found by zia. Harem girls overwrote each other meaning you could only have 1, sorry about that silly mistake.
Fixed Bug(hopefully)Slaves in the group room no longer dress themselves constantly

Please report all errors (Apart from spellings/Typos as I am still working through those)
View attachment Dungeon ModV3.3.7z

xXx_Rae_xXx

Jan 5, 2020

I actually don't mind the rename aspect (sis instead of name, only in my game it's an uncle) but there has been some instances where he has slept with other women in cuck scenes and she calls him Uncle too and not by his name though they are not related. I just assume she is role playing as my character which is kind of kinky in itself. ;)

As for the sudden move of a relative I had something similar happen to me too and posted it in the LoversLab forum last night before I read this post this morning. In my case it happened after uncle and I were married. EDIT: actually it happened straight after we started dating but he proposed after a date, we had the wedding and wedding night and then he was dumped back into his house when the date ended.

When I found his house (by accident) I moved in with him but when I moved to another map he was no longer with me again; he's in my contacts list and I can invite him out but I can't find his house on the map (not even with search). In contacts and in game dialog he is still my husband but we don't live together anymore and I have no idea how to get him to rejoin my house. Though I have seen the open relationship dialog after dates so maybe I could try that I guess?

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Is there a way for an NPC to die without murdering them? I have one where a now elderly woman whose husband should pass. Her later. Natural causes both. If the PC can't, hey. She's now 70+, he's 55+ but bad physical shape.

Jul 28, 2019
I have a strange bug report.

There is something wrong with the files and folders created on my machine (Arch Linux) when trying to create a mod. The first sign was that the mod was not recognised in LifePlay - triple checked the .lpmod it wasn't that. A later realisation was that actions and scenes would not run from the text files created on my machine. In both cases the workaround (after some head-desk scream-screen time) was to paste my unchanged text into the pre-existing text files and folders from other modders (LL and sexbastardo) and then rename.

The fact that the cut and paste work leads me to suspect that something is up other than any potential dumbness on my part. Seems like something gets set in windows that LifePlay must read to load the files?

Nothing obvious about the file permissions, perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself can investigate. I'll supply some more details if they emerge.

(Note the mod itself is still WIP, sort of lost time to do it today... - I'm attaching the files so perhaps it can be replicated, not sure if it might need a linux machine or if it will also not show on a windows machine.)

Jul 28, 2019
Any thoughts why this lpaction file is not triggering the associated Matchmaker.lpscene?

Code:
ACTION_UNIQUEID: Matchmaker 
ACTION_NAME: Matchmaker 
WHERE: home 
WHEN: 0 - 24 
MINUTES: 60 - 120 
TIMEOUT_MINUTES: 0 
EFFECTS:  
CONDITIONS: 
MOVE_FIRST: false 
SCENE_ALWAYS: Matchmaker 
ANIMATION:
I've stripped it back as much as I can but still no dice. It does set the Matchmaker activity in the home menu. The activity does trigger on click, spawns random events and runs for 1-2 hours. But no scene is triggered at the end. It's the last piece to the puzzle... :sleep: at least until the wider community get to find all the flaws in the scene.

The scene triggers fine from the console and works fine as far as I've debugged. But given it is meant to fill a role for some matchmaking on player demand, it sort of does need to trigger from the action.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Any thoughts why this lpaction file is not triggering the associated Matchmaker.lpscene?

Code:
ACTION_UNIQUEID: Matchmaker
ACTION_NAME: Matchmaker
WHERE: home
WHEN: 0 - 24
MINUTES: 60 - 120
TIMEOUT_MINUTES: 0
EFFECTS:
CONDITIONS:
MOVE_FIRST: false
SCENE_ALWAYS: Matchmaker
ANIMATION:
I've stripped it back as much as I can but still no dice. It does set the Matchmaker activity in the home menu. The activity does trigger on click, spawns random events and runs for 1-2 hours. But no scene is triggered at the end. It's the last piece to the puzzle... :sleep: at least until the wider community get to find all the flaws in the scene.

The scene triggers fine from the console and works fine as far as I've debugged. But given it is meant to fill a role for some matchmaking on player demand, it sort of does need to trigger from the action.
First, make sure there's no empty space character after "SCENE_ALWAYS: Matchmaker"
Then, it shouldn't matter but maybe try MOVE_FIRST: true ?
If that doesn't work, post your lpscene on here

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes