VN Ren'Py Abandoned LifeStyle [v1.0] [Re_cypher]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

DPcraft

May 20, 2021
Liked the models and the story peeked my interest. The lighting is weird sometimes and ,as just one or two people mentioned, it has typos. Overall seems good, quirky but good.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Leaving this Engrish here, from the original overview, for posterity
This better not get a 5 Star rating saying it has potential, they didn't even make more than two "blood" splatters for the image.
Eh, I see more uniformly put on top, two just "spilled" further down.
I like how you comment for the posterity though.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Not a fan of the mop hairstyle. I can tolerate the MC but the blonde girl woul be better with a straight hairstyle imo.

Reactions: rvlfycpydgdcttfren
Apr 27, 2023
Wellllll... How to put it.

Okay. So.

First of all it is not version 1.0. It is version 0.0.1 or something like that. There is content for about 3 mins, if you are reading everything. 1 scene (and I use the word generously).

Renders are good, if a little clunky. Story *might* be fun, if it develops.

But:

- the only hardcore scene is just 5-6 render slideshow that you just click through
- there is at least 1 missing image.
- also there is discontinuity in dialogue where you should be making a choice... but you didn't.
- MC is half the game called literally "mc", despite you being able to choose his name initially.

Finally:
- it all breaks down by the terrible English on top of horrible cliched phrases.

I don't mind MC being thrown into action; long intros are not for me. But here there is too little even for me. After the prisoner scene there should be some exposition before the guests... as it is, I had to ask myself, what the fuck is going on?

Not putting this into a review, because I don't think demos need a review, but if I did, it would be 2/5 stars and JUST because of the good renders and the premise.

Hope the author can do better.

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Aug 19, 2022
This Game is showing RELEASED on Itch.io. This means it has been completed by the dev. WHy didn't you put a Complicated tag?
If you played the game You will know that the game is incomplete and that the developer made mistakes in the marking, in any case he fixed it

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
Well, that was... Something. :unsure:

Only good thing I can give this jumbled mess is that it has some decent models, but that's about it.
This needs a fuckton of work to even be comprehensible at all, as this English wordsalad, and the mc name vars not being right and the missing name tags, is a dumpsterfire and a half. So far I understand less of the story then when it started, as there is no story so far, and if there is, it certainly does not come through. And not to forget that abrupt endpoint of the release either:HideThePain:

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes