satoshilee

Sep 4, 2017
Does anyone know of a way to extract your save file from android so that when you play you won't lose the data If you delete the app on your device?

misha958

Jan 21, 2018
Does anyone know of a way to extract your save file from android so that when you play you won't lose the data If you delete the app on your device?
I remember, I did it manually with PC connection. But I don't remember the folder.

There is what's the internet says:

"On Android your save files can be found in SD:/Android/data/com.andrealphusgames.love and sex second base

This is a protected folder and you will need to connect your device to a computer to access this folder.

Downloading another file manager might work too (no guarantee)"

Maybe not exactly SD, but it can be a phone.

Reactions: satoshilee

FishMonger

Apr 10, 2020
They went to a concert once when she was married. He was 15 and his older brother drove them.
If only there was a place to look without having to ask.
View attachment 2832542
Only the weak need saves. The strong play through the game every update! I am prepared! I am ready! I am strong!

View attachment 2832998
Totally agree, real players download, start from scratch and go. Each and every update. Why? Because you are worth it. Save files is for weaklings. There I said it. Weaklings. Now discuss.

Reactions: MaviusJones

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...)
So yes, I did know, but you're correct that most game devs probably don't. It's an implementation detail of the engine.
My point was that this isn't new information to "hackers" and yet nobody seems to have taken advantage it so far.
(...)
I have no idea what the point is you're trying to make. An exploit isn't a risk because right now nobody's actively exploiting it? Seriously...

(...)
No. The bottom line is, if you care about security run any and all Ren'Py games in a Virtual Machine and never on your real machine. Anything else is merely a false sense of security.
Apples and oranges. A dev with a big following has a vested interest to build trust and keep that so as to make good on the significant investment of time and effort that goes into making a VN, because once you pull the trigger it's just a matter of time before the jig is up. Same as the builder of an App on your phone, or a game in your Steam library. You don't jeapardize that kind of investment on purpose.

A rando with a throw away account and some python skills that can plop a doctored save into a forum just to see which one of the thousands and thousands of viewers will bite on the other hand has every reason to give it a shot.

So yeah, its a risk as much as it is a risk to pull some app on your phone. It's still a world apart from firing up a random executable you stumbled across in some forum in the underbelly of the internet.

Like I said, I'm not really sure what the point is you're trying to argue, but it feels like an argument for argument's sake, and I'm kinda done with this discussion now.

I really like this weird game, it would be nice if you could release updates much sooner than it currently takes, etc more than a year! can't you make smaller updates and release sooner like every 3 or 4 months, surely so much easier and your keeping everyone happy?
Nope. I've talked about this in the past but the short of it is that I do whole chapters, and they take time. If that frustrates anyone, that's really too bad, because the alternative is not doing LomL at all.

can you make this into a game mod please? i hate pdf files, sorry.
No, that's not happening, mainly because there's no need for it.

There's no narrow line you have to walk to unlock everything, just answer questions normally and you get content you like. E.g., you like a character, act normal towards them (no need to kiss their asses either, just act like a normal person), and if they propose, accept, and you get their content. Treat them bad, actively avoid them, or turn them down, you don't get their content.

There's no puzzle or hidden stuff there, no moment where you find out you had to pick a specific set op options at the start of the game so you can get a special scene at the end of it. The game even has an option to simply not present you with any choice that would lock you out of the main character's storylines, if you really, really need guardrails.

So don't sweat it, you really have to try to mess things up.

On a philosophical note, having a dev sanctioned WT mod implies there's a "best path" through the game, which feels kind silly because why then did they go through all the trouble of creating alternative paths. It just encourages players to treat the game as a visual novel, so then why not make a visual novel, much less work, really.

They're just stored under a folder in your install folder on your phone, same as with the PC version. Just browse to it and you'll find the files, and you can copy them to some backup location. No extracting needed.
Nm, answered above.

misha958

Jan 21, 2018
Totally agree, real players download, start from scratch and go. Each and every update. Why? Because you are worth it. Save files is for weaklings. There I said it. Weaklings. Now discuss.
Ahah) To be serious, I played the game a year ago and was going to load my old save, but decided to play again to remind myself, what was in the story. It turned out that I've forgot A LOT. Even, that Macy and Denise have a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I advice to everyone to replay at least the 6th chapter, to remember all the things))

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
I have no idea what the point is you're trying to make. An exploit isn't a risk because right now nobody's actively exploiting it? Seriously...

Reminds me a lot of back when public WiFi was getting hugely popular. Many software devs raised the red flag about the vulnerability of website cookies in public WiFi and the industry just shrugged ... well, because nobody was really exploiting it.

So one of these guys made an app for Firefox called "Firesheep" to show how bad it was. I read about it and I installed that app and then headed to my local mall to test it. With no coding skills and only having to download a simple Addon for my browser, I hijacked 5 different people's social media accounts in the first 5 mins. After that, I absolutely never logged into any accounts when using a public WiFi, lol.

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
Last edited:

satoshilee

Sep 4, 2017
I remember, I did it manually with PC connection. But I don't remember the folder.

There is what's the internet says:

"On Android your save files can be found in SD:/Android/data/com.andrealphusgames.love and sex second base

This is a protected folder and you will need to connect your device to a computer to access this folder.

Downloading another file manager might work too (no guarantee)"

Maybe not exactly SD, but it can be a phone.
Thank you I thought I might be able to use a computer but I just wanted to check and confirm.

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
Are other people's saves really playing the game?
To me it depends on the game.
LoML I have played multiple times at this point, but stuff like Sexbot is so convoluted at this point having to try different things each day to try and unlock scenes, I just dont even bother anymore and download saves to look at the gallery.

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes