naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Thanks to this I learned I was a few versions out of date (0.7.0). Grabbed 0.7.3 and the transition is much faster, very nice.
However, I noticed another issue: going fullscreen forces my monitor's refresh rate to 60Hz. This isn't the first Ren'py game I've seen do this but it's not common. No idea why it happens, I assume it's an engine thing, may be worth looking into.

I'm a few days into the game so far and it's very good, believable characters and progression and the MC isn't a total idiot. Will keep playing.
Cheers, glad to hear it's better behaved. Wrt Framerate, I don't actually set anything for it, so it just goes to default ren'py behaviour, as described , and that should result in it going to the monitor's full framerate.
If it's not doing that (not sure what you have), it might be that ren'py's having trouble figuring out what your monitor's actual framerate is at that resolution for whatever reason (maybe 1920x1080 isn't your native resolution and is that throwing it off?).

If you want to experiment, it's quite easy to drop a text file into the game folder, and set it explicitly, and see if that works for you. The file should have the extension .rpy, and should contain something like (of the top of my head, didn't test):

Code:
init:
    $ preferences.gl_framerate = 50
When you restart the game, it'll be compiled and executed as part of the initialization of the game. Should work for any game that doesn't explicitly sets it in code, and might work for any that does, but you can change that line of "init:" to "init 99:" or something to make sure it's executed last.

magistrate

Feb 2, 2019
Quite a bit further in, and while I do really like this game, it's a bit lame than even in this game built on realistic proportions and looks, even here the MC has the usual monster cock. It's in almost every game and I'm getting rather tired of it.

VerbMyNoun

Aug 4, 2020
Light of My Life [Ch. 7 v0.7.3] [Naughty Road]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

WORKUPLOAD - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac:

- -
PIXELDRAIN
With how many Android users that are having problems starting the game, could you either compress it for Android or recommend someone to do so?

Reactions: BigPoppaLoppa

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
With how many Android users that are having problems starting the game, could you either compress it for Android or recommend someone to do so?

• Built using ren'py 8.1.1, which is based on python 3.9 (instead of 2.7) and seems to be better behaved when it comes to memory management.
  • If you cannot install the game, please note you need about three times the APK size free storage to install it, and to allow it to unpack itself when you first run it.
  • If you still cannot get past the load screen, or are seeing instability and frequent crashes while playing, free up RAM(*). Go into Settings->Device Care->Memory, and close any programs that are taking up a lot of memory. If you cannot free up enough (and honestly, it's a bit like playing whack-a-mole), consider finding a tool in the Play Store that helps you free up more.
  • Considerations on using RAM+ for devices that support it. Note that it's a neat way to add additional *virtual* RAM, but that RAM is actually repurposed storage, and that means it's dead slow. On the one hand, it might be just what you need to get the game running, on the other hand, it might just be what is causing lagging and glitching in your playthrough.
*In my successful tests, I had about 1.7GB of free RAM available. That's not a minimum requirement, it very well might work fine with less, but I didn't test that.
You are far better off asking the people who deal with Android.

Reactions: naughtyroad

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Quite a bit further in, and while I do really like this game, it's a bit lame than even in this game built on realistic proportions and looks, even here the MC has the usual monster cock. It's in almost every game and I'm getting rather tired of it.
Tbh, it's even dialed back quite a bit in size from the Out of the Box settings for the penis asset. :LOL:
But the mechanistical truth of it is that having a certain size helps make penetrations look well, especially since you don't want to go pelvic-bone-to-pelvic-bone most of the time since that obstructs the view, and at least the MC is still within the realm of plausible, even if they're pushing the right hand side of that bell curve pretty hard.

Sep 22, 2018
I wasn't able to finish this last chapter. I just couldn't get into it. It felt like this chapter was way way way over stuffed with unnecessary dialog. The sex scenes feel more like a whole novel and not an action. I found myself not commenting on half the choices because I was getting bored. It's almost like the writer's stuffed it full of fluff instead of tried to make it sexy or realistic. The youngest girl's first time felt like a lifetime to get started and then didn't finish until she had grandchildren. I would love to see a mod that removes half the dialog and then maybe I could nut.

Last edited:

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
naughtyroad in the tags for light of my life, you have sleep sex but under Genre there is no sleep sex tag, would you like to remove the tag or no?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I wasn't able to finish this last chapter. I just couldn't get into it. It felt like this chapter was way way way over stuffed with unnecessary dialog. The sex scenes feel more like a whole novel and not an action. I found myself not commenting on half the choices because I was getting bored. It's almost like the writer's stuffed it full of fluff instead of tried to make it sexy or realistic. The youngest girl's first time felt like a lifetime to get started and then didn't finish until she had grandchildren. I would love to see a mod that removes half the dialog and then maybe I could nut.
That's your opinion, of course.
I was perfectly fine with the pace of the chapter. It made sense to me for Denise's arc to take a longer time, given Denise.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) I would love to see a mod that removes half the dialog and then maybe I could nut.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
See image in the spoiler above. If that one is still too long for you, I wonder how you made it this far into LomL. :LOL:

naughtyroad in the tags for light of my life, you have sleep sex but under Genre there is no sleep sex tag, would you like to remove the tag or no?
I'd say lose it, please. Sleep sex as I would expect that tag to be applied is the MC having sex with a person while they're sleeping, and that is not the case here. I feel it'd set up the exact wrong expectation for anyone filtering on that hoping to find that kind of content here, and would only lead to frustration on their part.
Edit: oh, never mind, I can change that myself. Updated now, cheers for the heads up.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: sava75

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
People think about molesting/sleep sex for advancing love meter in some games the worst kind of tag.

If you molest someone should been a evil act only for corruption endeavors.
AdobeStock_329409671-1000x559.jpeg
Here was about
the girls having fun with sleeping Mc.
Context matter but tags are static.

Ryuji

Jul 18, 2017
Hi guys, it's been a while since I played this one, the reason I stopped in the first place was because of the ward thing that I really don't like, you either just do incest or don't (I really don't like when they do the ward thing, especially when the girls are clearly the MC daughters), I remember that when you changed the way they called you the conversations would not work very well, so I stopped and waited to see if someone would make an incest mod (but no one did), so I would like to know if at least the conversations got "fixed", which I doubt, but I really liked this one and would like to play it.

x21

Mar 28, 2018
Hi guys, it's been a while since I played this one, the reason I stopped in the first place was because of the ward thing that I really don't like, you either just do incest or don't (I really don't like when they do the ward thing, especially when the girls are clearly the MC daughters), I remember that when you changed the way they called you the conversations would not work very well, so I stopped and waited to see if someone would make an incest mod (but no one did), so I would like to know if at least the conversations got "fixed", which I doubt, but I really liked this one and would like to play it.
I just replayed from the start and if you follow the instructions for renaming/relationships it all worked fine for me, the reason for the whole ward thing is for ToS bs on patreon and whatnot.

Ryuji

Jul 18, 2017
I just replayed from the start and if you follow the instructions for renaming/relationships it all worked fine for me, the reason for the whole ward thing is for ToS bs on patreon and whatnot.
Thanks and ye I know about the bs on Patreon, but from the games I fallow there's only 2 that do the ward shit, and the renaming does not work (this being one of them, at least until last time I saw it), by the way where can I find the instructions for renaming?

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Another potential bug: 2nd time w/ Denise in the shower in this latest chapter, when you can ask her if she's nervous or not (about going to the school again): seems regardless of whether you ask her or not, it gets recorded as false.

Reactions: naughtyroad

x21

Mar 28, 2018
Thanks and ye I know about the bs on Patreon, but from the games I fallow there's only 2 that do the ward shit, and the renaming does not work (this being one of them, at least until last time I saw it), by the way where can I find the instructions for renaming?
It was part of starting a new save for me, it's also in the preferences menu

Reactions: Ryuji

LeftyPR

Mar 5, 2018
I believe since the original updated post for V0.7.0 there has been a revision or update as I can seem to read here as I was coming in for the slow performance of the game but then read about v0.7.3 so problem seems to be is oudated.

Having said that, the site did not let me know of the change/update nor did it refresh on the "latest updates" page.
So I'm sure you will have a lot of users with the 0.7.0 build coming in with problems as myself not knowing there was an updated build since 2 weeks ago.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Strange, it worked for me back when I started the game (a relatively long time ago).

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes