Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
There's always one of those people in a thread :rolleyes: Naughtyroad is one of the better devs around and has been fantastic on here and strikes me as nothing but honest and hardworking which is a lot more respectable than some others who shall remain nameless.

hamlet77

Nov 2, 2019
How has naughtyroad been anything but honest and up front about his process and when he plans to release future episodes?
OK, OK, sorry if I was wrong. I just cannot understand how developers nowadays cannot make some kind of regular releases, at least every two months ... but maybe it is just me...

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
OK, OK, sorry if I was wrong. I just cannot understand how developers nowadays cannot make some kind of regular releases, at least every two months ... but maybe it is just me...
Most developers have full-time jobs and families; they usually only do this as a hobby, so releasing every month with enough content to please fans just isn't feasible. :)

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
So I have question. Does the incest patch still work. I know you can label your characters but the way it is set up, I don't know who is who in the beginning to know their character and their relationship to me.

lyric123

Jan 16, 2018
Latest patreon post,

"Office space
I enjoy creating sets a lot, maybe more than I really should, because it is another great way to add character to a scene.
In this case, I was aiming for the kind of area that everyone who's spent any time in an office building that's been in use for quite some time will know: the room where all the stuff no-one uses is dumped.

There such wonders can be found as the binder that has all the filled-out lunch forms from 1993 through 1997, the chairs with busted wheels, broken back supports and armrests that won't lock in place, and any other piece of furniture or electrical equipment that is no longer in use but no-one could be bothered to deal with properly.
I wonder what sort of events might take place in such an out of the way place..."

agesilaus

May 28, 2017
There's always one of those people in a thread :rolleyes: Naughtyroad is one of the better devs around and has been fantastic on here and strikes me as nothing but honest and hardworking which is a lot more respectable than some others who shall remain nameless.
Hey! Not my fault my aunt decided to name her child "he who shall not be nameless"!

Saber1995

Jan 17, 2018
tbh if ppl want the update so badly maybe if they help his patron he can quit his day job xd...

Saber1995

Jan 17, 2018
If you have a reasonable/good day job. Quit it to pursue making games on patreon is a rather silly thing to do. Unless you like DarkCookie, but he too will start tank one day, and then what.
understood but truth be told even if DC starts to decline he should have enough to live off by now unless I think hes making more than he is xd.. summertime saga is easily top 2 game on this site and long asf
edit- as you can see from my top list all the top 5 games are long and amazing good animation also

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
If you have a reasonable/good day job. Quit it to pursue making games on patreon is a rather silly thing to do. Unless you like DarkCookie, but he too will start tank one day, and then what.
That's probably the worst example you could give. The fella has been earning so much for so long he'd be an idiot to not have a decently sized bank balance. Also, he's an artist, that's a marketable skill that's he's being paid to improve as he develops his game. If he walked away from his game today, he could probably get work elsewhere fairly quickly.

ZeroTao

Feb 15, 2019
Most developers have full-time jobs and families; they usually only do this as a hobby, so releasing every month with enough content to please fans just isn't feasible. :)
True but there are other devs that have a job and family as well, but still have a schedule that they follow. Like Braindrop for instance. Works full-time, have family and does these games as a hobby, yet still have a schedule with an early release date every month with a full update release. Its called planning. Some games might not be released early but take months (more than 2) to release is not really planning. Not saying anything about the dev of LomL, ive only downloaded the game like 2 days ago. Lots of detail has gone into it. But still people prefer to have like a small full update release early than a huge update that takes longer. Braindrop for instance again. WVM is day to day releases, which is a full day update every month, which make the game a huge success. This game is also worth the praise. This is just my opinion and suggestion though. This game will do a lot better with a smaller full update with earlier release than going for huge updates with longer releases. Two reasons i say that. One it will be easier on the dev themselves, meaning they dont need to push themselves so hard to give fans massive updates (mainly that doing this can cause a lot of stress on them to please fans). Two fans will complain less about the long waiting for releases and it will be easier on those that are limited with a certain amount of data a month.

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes