AsmonDeus

Nov 12, 2017
Was initially put off by the female faces, but they grew on me as they got a kind of gypsy woman aesthetic going on. Also reminded me of a song.

Looking forward to see how this progresses.

Reactions: naughtyroad

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I was initially put off by the look of the girls, but by the end I fell in love with both of them. A really impressive game so far, well written that gets you in the feels.

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
View attachment 294369

Overview:
Nearly five years ago, the death of your wife left you in charge of your two young wards. You tried to be the best caregiver you could, but all three of you were scarred and hurt by the sudden loss of the light in your lives. Now your wards have become grown-up adults, and the grief you share has pushed you apart. Will you be able to overcome the barriers of your own making and help your wards rekindle the light in their hearts?

Light of my Life is an adult visual novel about loss and love. Aid and support your wards to help them overcome their hurts and fulfill their dreams, or let the pain you share drive you apart.
Thread Updated: 2019-05-01
Release Date: 2019-05-01
Developer: Naughty Road -
Censored: No
Version: Ch.1 v0.2
Language: English
Length: 1.5h
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win, Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -
Android: - - -
Others:
COMPRESSED

Patches: - -

View attachment 294370 View attachment 294371 View attachment 294372 View attachment 294373 View attachment 294374 View attachment 294375 View attachment 294376 View attachment 294377
I like it, and don't listen to the guys complaining about the girls. I think they're lovely and I'm sick and tired of every game looking the same. lol ;)

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
Someone gets his peepee whacked when he does something wrong. Here our hero did nothing wrong and still got it whacked.

Ouch!

What 18-year-old girl doesn't know what external equipment a man has? Apparently, in this game, there's at least one.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Someone gets his peepee whacked when he does something wrong. Here our hero did nothing wrong and still got it whacked.

Ouch!

What 18-year-old girl doesn't know what external equipment a man has? Apparently, in this game, there's at least one.
she is extremely sheltered and fragile..and seems obsessed with kittys and puppys..probably ignores any boy who shows her interest at school and is sunk within her own mental happy place..because her mom died and she is coping with it internally...probably has zero interest in exploring the external world outside of her dad and sis...the 3 choices of how you want to deal with show she is a damaged flower and you need to choose how to make her bloom again.

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
True. All three needed counseling following the death of the girls' mother and husband's wife. None of them received such. As a result, all are floundering, possibly suspecting something is wrong but not knowing how to deal with the problem.

And mom didn't have life insurance, or mortgage insurance if they owned a home, otherwise they wouldn't be in their current financial situation, living in a one-bedroom apartment.

Kogoro

Nov 23, 2016
I was expecting people to really like the models like i do but i guess there is still a divide, i for one love them they look fantastic to me, maybe i just view beauty different from a lot of other people but i look forward to more from this game.

Pole12897643289

Nov 25, 2017
I adore the models. They're exactly normal looking Latina teens. The sisters look like sisters, the coworker also looks accountably Latina, even the indoors models don't look out of place with generic renders but instead have just enough South of the Border feel that I'm not wondering if the game's set in Iowa with a bunch of white Methodists or something.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) Also reminded me of a song. (...)
Nice, although it refused to play the original link (anyone having the same problem, search for Jonathan Tyler & Northern Lights - Gypsy Woman)

Speaking of songs, I wonder if anyone picked up on the reference from the title of chapter 1.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
First came First Contact to learn Renpy pretty much, and now this as first real game.

Ol boy comin' for other devs' necks if they aren't gonna step their game up, RIP stock model mommy peeking games I guess.

(Also, it shows what you can actually do with Daz if you aren't a lazy cunt and get creative with actually *gasp* modifying your models, and not just using shitty stock Victoria 7.)

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Man finally got to try out this bad boy.
It had heart.
It has style.
It has atmosphere.
It has character.
I loved it.

Can't wait to see what happened next.

Excelsior

P.S. I think all the models looks great especially the girls. It's nice to see some custom models. I also like their more "normal" look. I believe it makes them more relatable.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
hey folks..do not judge on the graphics(i actually kind of like them) this is FUCKING GOOD..even the little details like the font matching the personality of the character..the dev has put some thought and work into this..its well written and very polished...definitely try it before you pass judgement on a couple preview shots.
I'm with you on this one, man... the girls are unique looking, which I don't view as a bad thing at all. Call me "cultured" but I kind of like their appearances, it gets old looking at the same old, barbie-esque supermodels that are absolute perfection.

The writing style is also pretty wonderful. I'm really enjoying this game so far-- it has the potential to be great if the developer stays true to his style and doesn't change too much to appease others.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Those faces... really? 0.30 secs to delete. Thx.
This ain't the first post I've seen about their looks the saying don't judge a book by it's cover ring any bells. As others have said it's better than the usual barbie models that are always used.The models in this game really are more realistic and it suits with how the game is going as well. I really do recommend this game.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This ain't the first post I've seen about their looks the saying don't judge a book by it's cover ring any bells. As others have said it's better than the usual barbie models that are always used.The models in this game really are more realistic and it suits with how the game is going as well. I really do recommend this game.
I guess those that want games/VN's more "real life" like, would love this a lot more than those just out for a quick fap fantasy.

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes