thatsmerod

Nov 6, 2019
If you look two posts up (or one post down from yours), you'll see that you're off by a factor of 5. Well over 3k hours in this update at this point :D
Do you know how many hour of playtime the update will be?..or you may not want to say which is fine but if its like 1 hour or even 2 thats a ROUGH turn around lol 3000+:1

trolololo2

Jan 25, 2018
Do you know how many hour of playtime the update will be?..or you may not want to say which is fine but if its like 1 hour or even 2 thats a ROUGH turn around lol 3000+:1
I think I spend about 5 hours on each update? Give or take? A triple A game has a team of 30-200 over one to three years, so that's 60000-1.28 million hours for what is usually 20-60 hours of gameplay. That's 1000:1 at best, and 64000:1 at the worst. I'd say NaughtyRoad's not doing too bad.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I hope that it will be possible in this update
View attachment 2476623
if we don't have those options, it will be a long, long year to discuss why... Very long... +some bear talks +some trebuchet talks + aero-thermodynamic influence of bears on global warming + some paratroopers with whole year popular questions; when, why, I don't like it, is it abandoned, and those are only the highlights. You know, like every Thursday after children come home. :cool:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
if we don't have those options, it will be a long, long year to discuss why... Very long... +some bear talks +some trebuchet talks + aero-thermodynamic influence of bears on global warming + some paratroopers with whole year popular questions; when, why, I don't like it, is it abandoned, and those are only the highlights. You know, like every Thursday after children come home. :cool:
True. On the other hand we could always build more trebuchets and let's be honest. You can never have enough of them. :ROFLMAO:

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
VN seriously needs a proper mod.

Also... that's cute, sounds like the PinkCake formula:
View attachment 2482220
Oh yeah, we had one of those.

The proper mod that was nothing but a thinly veiled cash-grab by someone cutting a random swath through the game, consistently picking the most craven, spineless choices for no discernible reason so the MC came across like a lickspittle. Because AVN are all about lying to every character, telling them exactly what you think they want to hear or they won't let you into their panties, right? Of course LomL must do the exact same thing, no bother to actually check any of the code to see what's going on.

Of course, no-one playing the game with the walkthrough mod would figure what complete shit it was, because you don't install a walkthrough mod to diverge from the path laid out to experiment, because there be dragons, random game overs, and missed content based on arbitrary choices made 5 chapters back.
It's funny, how the complaints about a spineless MC have completely disappeared since that mod was exposed for the trash that it was. Good fucking riddance.

Because, oh yeah, it also broke the saves created with it installed, even if you later uninstalled. Because the hack that put it together couldn't be arsed to merge 10's of MBs of source files from previous versions. Well, to be honest, neither would I, but then again, I wouldn't have put that trash up for download anyways in the hopes of cashing in on a popular title by randomly pissing a path through it, arguably making the experience worse and pretending I spent any time seriously looking under the hood.

Which brings us to the question, does it need a proper, non-trash walkthrough mod? I'm so glad you asked.

The answer is no, because LomL doesn't come with options to shoot yourself in the foot every other occasion. It is clearly telegraphed what a choice will do when you pick it when appropriate, and you will know when you pass a lewd by. It even comes with optional guardrails for the main love interests out of the box, so you won't even get choices that might lead to a lock-out, so you can experiment to your hearts content with every choice, knowing nothing you do will ever endanger that relationship. Note, that's on top of the game saying "This will end your relationship with X, are you sure? (Y/N)".

For anyone considering going the add-color-tags-to-menu-items-in-source route for this game, please fucking don't. There's a ton of source code and it'll be hell to merge your efforts in when the next version comes around, so you probably won't either, and it'll break everything again and leave me to clean up the crap. That type of modification is basically unmaintainable, and any developer worthy of the title knows it and wouldn't even try it.
Also, there's no need at all, as the game has plenty of guardrails and it won't let you fuck yourself out of content by accident.

There's a perfectly fine walkthrough document available on the OP for anyone who's worried they missed something (hint: stop worrying, you won't, unless you tried real hard).

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh yeah, we had one of those.

The proper mod that was nothing but a thinly veiled cash-grab by someone cutting a random swath through the game, consistently picking the most craven, spineless choices for no discernible reason so the MC came across like a lickspittle. Because AVN are all about lying to every character, telling them exactly what you think they want to hear or they won't let you into their panties, right? Of course LomL must do the exact same thing, no bother to actually check any of the code to see what's going on.

Of course, no-one playing the game with the walkthrough mod would figure what complete shit it was, because you don't install a walkthrough mod to diverge from the path laid out to experiment, because there be dragons, random game overs, and missed content based on arbitrary choices made 5 chapters back.
It's funny, how the complaints about a spineless MC have completely disappeared since that mod was exposed for the trash that it was. Good fucking riddance.

Because, oh yeah, it also broke the saves created with it installed, even if you later uninstalled. Because the hack that put it together couldn't be arsed to merge 10's of MBs of source files from previous versions. Well, to be honest, neither would I, but then again, I wouldn't have put that trash up for download anyways in the hopes of cashing in on a popular title by randomly pissing a path through it, arguably making the experience worse and pretending I spent any time seriously looking under the hood.

Which brings us to the question, does it need a proper, non-trash walkthrough mod? I'm so glad you asked.

The answer is no, because LomL doesn't come with options to shoot yourself in the foot every other occasion. It is clearly telegraphed what a choice will do when you pick it when appropriate, and you will know when you pass a lewd by. It even comes with guardrails for the main love interests out of the box, so you won't even get choices that might lead to a lock-out, so you can experiment to your hearts content with every choice, knowing nothing you do will ever endanger that relationship. Note, that's on top of the game saying "This will end your relationship with X, are you sure? (Y/N)".

For anyone considering going the add-color-tags to menu items route for this game, please fucking don't. There's a ton of source code and it'll be hell to merge your efforts in when the next version comes around, so you probably won't either, and it'll break everything again and leave me to clean up the crap.
Also, there's no need at all, as the game has plenty of guardrails and it won't let you fuck yourself out of content by accident.

There's a perfectly fine walkthrough document available on the OP for anyone who's worried they missed something (hint: stop worrying, you won't, unless you tried real hard).
I understand your stance, honestly I fight it too due to SanchoMod's popularity. Just know that a properly/professionally written mod does not equal "green text is best WT mod" or a "walkthrough mod" at all. Far from it actually. A proper mod offers enhancements and elevates the base game, not ripping it to shreds via hack/novice coding efforts.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I understand your stance, honestly I fight it too due to SanchoMod's popularity. Just know that a properly/professionally written mod does not equal "green text is best WT mod" or a "walkthrough mod" at all. Far from it actually. A proper mod offers enhancements and elevates the base game, not ripping it to shreds via hack/novice coding efforts.
Right, well sorry if that came across as a bit intense, but I still wake up screaming from that episode and the shitstorm it caused during the last release.

Tbh though, I can't really think of anything that could be modded in.
  • There's not mutually excusive endings in lewd scenes, or mutually exclusive love interests.
  • For people looking for the nuts and bolts, the stats, such as they are, for the characters that have them can be viewed through an option under the preferences screen.
  • There's no grind to bypass.
  • And unless you really work at being unpleasant, it's hard to actually fail a relationship check, and those mostly result in some alternative dialog to acknowledge you have a poor relationship and cause an appropriately negative reaction to attempts at overtly intimate dialog choices.
The only quality of life feature I'm still missing is named save games, since, if all goes well, the next release I should have a solution for the "no dialog in the gallery" complaint (by using save games under water).

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes