TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
FOLLOWUP:

Well, that was odd, unren 0.91 did actually work. I think.

I was watching the game folder in Explorer and despite that error showing in the unren.bat window..... it actually did extract everything. At least I think it was everything. Time to play and see.

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
FOLLOWUP:

Well, that was odd, unren 0.91 did actually work. I think.

I was watching the game folder in Explorer and despite that error showing in the unren.bat window..... it actually did extract everything. At least I think it was everything. Time to play and see.
Glad to hear it. I did just notice that you are were using UnRen in v0.6.2 folder. Curious - Is there a reason why you didn't want to UnRen the bugfixed v0.6.4?

Also, I just finished a second UnRen and see the one issue that is similar to yours, but as you can see - no further issues.
1654822245531.png

Reactions: TheSidewinder

SSSKKK000

Jul 15, 2019
Excuse my foolishness, but I'm currently playing the 6.3 version, when I later on update, how can I keep my current savefile, and where is it located ?

Edit: I found the multiple files, do I only need to copy over the one save that I want, or also the "persistent" one.

Last edited:
Reactions: naughtyroad

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Excuse my foolishness, but I'm currently playing the 6.3 version, when I later on update, how can I keep my current savefile, and where is it located ?

Edit: I found the multiple files, do I only need to copy over the one save that I want, or also the "persistent" one.
If you're not on mobile, it should just keep your save files. Saves are stored in two places: the game folder (under "X\saves") and in your user directory (in "documents\renpy\X" iirc). So don't worry about it too much. If you're not confident, then just copy the files from the save directory of the version you're currently on somewhere safe then move them in after you get the new version.

Edit: just to expand, the save files save your progress and decisions, the persistent file is for things that are consistent across saves, such as which lines of dialogue you've seen (for the purpose of skipping) and gallery unlocks etc.

Last edited:

SSSKKK000

Jul 15, 2019
If you're not on mobile, it should just keep your save files. Saves are stored in two places: the game folder (under "X\saves") and in your user directory (in "documents\renpy\X" iirc). So don't worry about it too much. If you're not confident, then just copy the files from the save directory of the version you're currently on somewhere safe then move them in after you get the new version.

Edit: just to expand, the save files save your progress and decisions, the persistent file is for things that are consistent across saves, such as which lines of dialogue you've seen (for the purpose of skipping) and gallery unlocks etc.
thanks a lot for the thorough explanation : ) !

Jun 15, 2022
It's just like that bit from Vanilla Sky....

"David: Well, you know, I’m a pleasure delayer.
Doc: How does that work?
David: Pleasure delay? You mean you don’t know? You keep the relationship casual…until the absolute breaking point, and then one evening or afternoon or morning…it could be months from now….well, you know how it works
Doc: Actually, I don’t…"

• Thinking Face
Reactions: naughtyroad
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes