Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
naughtyroad Hey! I wanted to comment for two reasons:
1. I just noticed (Because of your signature) that Light of my Life is soon to be on steam! I just wanted to say it's good that you added that notice to your signature and I've just wishlisted it :)

2. I had a thought for a while. I'm Mexican American and the girls from this game look rather like my people. Very Native American/Native Mexican. And mixed add to that my recent interest into the gone-too-soon pop superstar Selena, I couldn't help but see similar features in Denise. She has a similar nose and vibrant smile :D I'm wondering if you had any inspiration.

Especially in this performance :love:

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
naughtyroad Hey! I wanted to comment for two reasons:
1. I just noticed (Because of your signature) that Light of my Life is soon to be on steam! I just wanted to say it's good that you added that notice to your signature and I've just wishlisted it :)

2. I had a thought for a while. I'm Mexican American and the girls from this game look rather like my people. Very Native American/Native Mexican. And mixed add to that my recent interest into the gone-too-soon pop superstar Selena, I couldn't help but see similar features in Denise. She has a similar nose and vibrant smile :D I'm wondering if you had any inspiration.

Especially in this performance :love:

Thanks for the wishlist add, those really help with the visibility of the game once I release it there! :love:

Yeah, I can certainly see a resemblance there. I didn't take a direct influence from Selina in particular, although she does make for a nice source of inspiration. But rather, the girls in LomL are a mix and match from a lot of different people, both close to me as friends and family, and women I see walking down the street, at work, in stores etc.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Thanks for the wishlist add, those really help with the visibility of the game once I release it there! :love:

Yeah, I can certainly see a resemblance there. I didn't take a direct influence from Selina in particular, although she does make for a nice source of inspiration. But rather, the girls in LomL are a mix and match from a lot of different people, both close to me as friends and family, and women I see walking down the street, at work, in stores etc.
Got it, let me write that down: "Girls in LomL... are pieces... of other women... in your life... like a... Frankenstein... nightmare... amalgam" GOT IT! :p

That's cool though.

As far as them resembling family... are there some things you aren't telling us about this game's inspiration? ;)

Love you man! I hope to see Selena walking around in LomL 2 :D

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
By the pace of it, I'll wager that it'll be released 4 months from now.
4 months might be a wee bit optimistic. This chapter is just a little after its 6th month in development.
Note that the second 30 scenes along the bottom are more complex than the first 30 scenes along the top (56 icons vs. 81 icons) and don't forget it's not completed until the ship sails after QA.

Reactions: naughtyroad

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Does every choice matter? I'm just at the starting breakfast scene and there are like ten different options for drinks; is this one of those games where drinking coffee and not tea loses you points with a girl three chapters later?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Does every choice matter? I'm just at the starting breakfast scene and there are like ten different options for drinks; is this one of those games where drinking coffee and not tea loses you points with a girl three chapters later?
Read the developer's notes in OP. Many choices are there to add distinct ambience for each person going through LoML - why make the MC drink black coffee every morning if the person reading prefers tea? There are some choices that are important and you will know them because of what the developer says in his notes in OP.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
If only there was some text on the first post of the thread to address this... maybe this line: Also, time between updates is long, but updates are huge
As if those bugbears who come here moaning about abandoned/milking would take the time to read it. And if they did, it probably wouldn't stop them, because shitposting is the only thing they can think of :rolleyes:
Wel, I guess the trebuchet crews needed a new target practice dummy anyway...

Moru95

Jun 19, 2019
It's just an obvious troll, complaining about one of the most well liked games and developers and pretending it should be listed as abandoned, despite the frequent activity from the dev and the regular updates with weekly progress reports. Can you report people for just being an obvious troll?

Xanado

May 9, 2018
It's just an obvious troll, complaining about one of the most well liked games and developers and pretending it should be listed as abandoned, despite the frequent activity from the dev and the regular updates with weekly progress reports. Can you report people for just being an obvious troll?
You can report any post. Mods will consider if it breaks any rule. But if the report has no substance and you keep frivolously reporting people it might come back and bite you in the ass. I would think it depends on how much he is trolling and if its derailing the thread. Having a different opinion is not breaking rules but trolling, thread derailing and being a douche certainly can be grounds for thread bans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes