5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

1000gramm

Sep 22, 2017
Seems like the logo files are deleted or moved. You can bypass this by copying a random picture to the img folder (I used the one in the img/bg folder) and changing the 0.txt file (in main folder) at lines 78733-78737 to the new image file.

Haven't tested further than the starting of the game, though. There might be other stuff broken.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Seems like the logo files are deleted or moved. You can bypass this by copying a random picture to the img folder (I used the one in the img/bg folder) and changing the 0.txt file (in main folder) at lines 78733-78737 to the new image file.

Haven't tested further than the starting of the game, though. There might be other stuff broken.
Where exactly are those lines? When I use ctrl+f in Notepad to find them it comes up with nothing.

Last edited:

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
The issue appear to be fucking random. Sometimes I start the game and get it and sometimes I don't. It's annoying as hell, but at least everything works. Hopefully this shit will go away when the translation's finished. Though I doubt it. Rotten luck.
You have to be in JAP locale in the Windows settings - Locale Emulator is crap much (most) of the time.
Bite the bullet and do it and stay there - I do.
/ looks like ¥ - some of the time - but no biggie.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
You have to be in JAP locale in the Windows settings - Locale Emulator is crap much (most) of the time.
Bite the bullet and do it and stay there - I do.
/ looks like ¥ - some of the time - but no biggie.
I don't think it's a locale issue. Some images just appear to be missing.
I can't stay in Jap Locale. My dad uses this PC for work and the locale messes with some of his programs. Changing certain letters and symbols into kanji or whatever. So it kind of is a biggie.

1000gramm

Sep 22, 2017
Where exactly are those line? When I use ctrl+f in Notepad to find them it comes up with nothing.
Do you mean ctrl+g?

original is this:
mov $20,"img\circlerogo.jpg"
if %0 == 1 mov $20,"img\title_mogu1.jpg"
;if %0 == 2 mov $20,"img\title_mogu2.jpg"
if %0 == 3 mov $20,"img\title_mogu3.jpg"
if %0 == 4 mov $20,"img\title_mogu4.jpg"
if %0 == 2 mov $20,"img\title_mogu5.jpg"

I changed them to this:
mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
if %0 == 1 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
;if %0 == 2 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
if %0 == 3 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
if %0 == 4 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
if %0 == 2 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"

First line is at 78732 not 78733. Well, in any case, not a good sign if files are missing...^^;

Reactions: bigpenniser

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Do you mean ctrl+g?

original is this:
mov $20,"img\circlerogo.jpg"
if %0 == 1 mov $20,"img\title_mogu1.jpg"
;if %0 == 2 mov $20,"img\title_mogu2.jpg"
if %0 == 3 mov $20,"img\title_mogu3.jpg"
if %0 == 4 mov $20,"img\title_mogu4.jpg"
if %0 == 2 mov $20,"img\title_mogu5.jpg"

I changed them to this:
mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
if %0 == 1 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
;if %0 == 2 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
if %0 == 3 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
if %0 == 4 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"
if %0 == 2 mov $20,"img\flashback2.jpg"

First line is at 78732 not 78733. Well, in any case, not a good sign if files are missing...^^;
No, I meant ctrl+f. To open the Find window. That's how I was looking. Ctrl+g does nothing.
I see now. You were going by rows and not by an actual number that appears in the file.
Thanks. I just copied and pasted this and it seems okay for now. Hopefully that's the last of the issues.

Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Ya - just got this program - its farked - as far I can tell.

"
My dad uses this PC for work and the locale messes with some of his programs. Changing certain letters and symbols into kanji or whatever. So it kind of is a biggie."
- Sorry never knew that :FeelsBadMan:

Reactions: ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
"
My dad uses this PC for work and the locale messes with some of his programs. Changing certain letters and symbols into kanji or whatever. So it kind of is a biggie."
- Sorry never knew that :FeelsBadMan:
Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault. XD
It is what it is. Can't be helped. Maybe someday I'll get lucky and win the lottery or successfully rob a bank or something. Then I'll get myself my own PC. A nice powerful gaming rig. Finally get to run all those game I never could. And keep it on whatever locale I want. That would be nice. A man can dream. :frown:

Just a misunderstanding then. With ctrl+g you can jump directly to a certain line in Notepad++.
Yeah, I think I was just opening it in regular Notepad. I don't think I even have ++.

Reactions: bnote

Flami

Oct 21, 2017
I know the error is random but this one in particular keeps on appearing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyone has a solution or at least a save file after the prologue of the game?

RockSalt

Sep 10, 2017
My game works with just basic windows 10, No Japanese locale, No emulator or anything. I'm either very lucky or have a Language pack installed that was with a special update that I don't know about.

Edit: I see a passwords button on the main menu any idea of them?
Edit2: Never-mind the game crashed at a certain point at random, This is due to no Japanese locale, odd tho. My computer can like work the game but just gives up at some point which is funny, It's like I'm tired of translating your shit bro. BOOM, and then the game crashes lol

Last edited:

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
I was doing some research of this game, this game wasn't digitally released at all, it was released by a CD method, then was used to make an digital version, that was uploaded to some sites, but the full original CD Japanese version works fine, with no bugs no crashes at all, till some people translated into English, is what's causing the bugs & crashes to appear.

Hiei

Dec 27, 2016
It was working for me for a while, then it stopped. I assume it's one of those games that changes the introduction image based on the save files of your character.

An most of those images are likely missing, or incorrectly labelled. A classic case of sharing something without properly testing it yourself. I have done it a few times as well.

I got it to load again, it appears you have to keep trying until the game decided to use a load screen the folder contains an image for.

Reactions: DLSmaster

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
I know the error is random but this one in particular keeps on appearing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyone has a solution or at least a save file after the prologue of the game?
You still need to run the game with Locale Emulator. I got the same error and it went away when I ran it with LE.
Just save often though. I've run into several other errors that are triggered by clicking on certain things. Whether you're using LE or not. For example: I get an error and a crash when I click on the 2.0 button in the Gallery and I also get one when I try to read my notes in my room in the city. I'm sure there's others I've missed or haven't reached yet.

maxx

Aug 29, 2016
i didn't had any issues.. but I have JAP locale installed. But when I restart I had to open main exe file. Not wrapped one.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote