Mod Ren'Py Lilith Rising (Tainted) [v1.0.3ns] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AkaiAria

Sep 29, 2021
... another classic I've played more times than I can count. For me NV is the only Fallout game worth playing and WH is the only Witcher worth playing... both outstanding games that totally redefined their categories. All those you've listed I've thousands of hours logged. I've now replayed Sleeping Dogs and must say, it has fantastic beatem up mechanics compared to other open world games... it's fantastic imho.
I think I own Sleeping Dogs on the XBox ... at least .. Galaxy says I do :cool: I remember playing it back when, but didn't finish it for some reason. Ahh ... definitive edition came out in 2014. 2014 and 2015 I think I spent 90% of my gaming time playing Destiny. That would explain it. I should go back and give it a proper go.

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Loading/quick loading a save makes the ministat & quick menu disappear/turn off and I have to enable it again in Sancho Options. Idk what's causing it, nothing game breaking really but it can get annoying since I often quick load during choices.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Loading/quick loading a save makes the ministat & quick menu disappear/turn off and I have to enable it again in Sancho Options. Idk what's causing it, nothing game breaking really but it can get annoying since I often quick load during choices.
Settings are saved on a per save basis.. so insure they are both active, progress one scene (space bar or left-click once to set the settings and progress one pic scene) then save. When you load that save your settings will remain intact.

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Settings are saved on a per save basis.. so insure they are both active, progress one scene (space bar or left-click once to set the settings and progress one pic scene) then save. When you load that save your settings will remain intact.
Yes the save I loaded is actually created after I set the settings I wanted a couple of scenes back. When I reached episode 3, now the mini-stat remains after loading and it's just the quick menu that disappers. Pretty weird since this is the first time it has happened and I've played a plenty of games you've created a mod for.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes the save I loaded is actually created after I set the settings I wanted a couple of scenes back. When I reached episode 3, now the mini-stat remains after loading and it's just the quick menu that disappers. Pretty weird since this is the first time it has happened and I've played a plenty of games you've created a mod for.
Yes, odd... I can't replicate on my end. Whatever I make settings to then save, change settings again to something else and load that save the settings are reverted as expected. What happens if you start a new playthrough (just as a test), are the menus open by default (they should be)?

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Yes, odd... I can't replicate on my end. Whatever I make settings to then save, change settings again to something else and load that save the settings are reverted as expected. What happens if you start a new playthrough (just as a test), are the menus open by default (they should be)?
Huh. Okay for Reference, on "Sancho Options" I use "Sancho's Preferred" w/ Large MiniStat. So my UI looks like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After a quick save & quick load in the current dialogue it looks like this, quick menu is removed. The settings were already set way back, so it's taking effect on the save file. It's just the quick menu that disappears.

Starting a new playthough, it should be the same(Red, Sancho's Preferred + Large ministat) right? but it's like this. Ministat is gone, w/ Default quick menu.

And trying to open the Ministat using Sancho's Preferred or just click on Ministat on this exact screen throws these errors attached below

EDIT: 0 idea why it's happening just for me. Probably something on my end, but I don't know what it is and I think just opening quick menu after every load is easier lol

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Huh. Okay for Reference, on "Sancho Options" I use "Sancho's Preferred" w/ Large MiniStat. So my UI looks like this

After a quick save & quick load in the current dialogue it looks like this, quick menu is removed. The settings were already set way back, so it's taking effect on the save file. It's just the quick menu that disappears.

Starting a new playthough, it should be the same(Red, Sancho's Preferred + Large ministat) right? but it's like this. Ministat is gone, w/ Default quick menu.

And trying to open the Ministat using Sancho's Preferred or just click on Ministat on this exact screen throws these errors attached below

Bud, you did not read my post here fully.

I'll be very clear regarding this (it's a RenPy thing, not a mod thing), once you change any setting you MUST advance one scene (via the space bar or left-click) THEN save. Otherwise RenPy doesn't recognize any settings you made if immediately saving after the settings change... the code MUST advance to lock settings in RenPy's save variables. Again, it's a RenPy thing and has nothing to do with the mod... all RenPy titles work in this fasion for non-persistent variable changes. Make sense? Read it fully and completely.

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Bud, you did not read my post here fully.

I'll be very clear regarding this (it's a RenPy thing, not a mod thing), once you change any setting you MUST advance one scene (via the space bar or left-click) THEN save. Otherwise RenPy doesn't recognize any settings you made if immediately saving after the settings change... the code MUST advance to lock settings in RenPy's save variables. Make sense? Read it fully and completely.
That's what I've been doing though? I changed the settings way back in the start of the game. Later on, saved on a choice, read through it, load the save to read the other choice but quick menu is gone and I have to enable it again. I'm not that stupid.

The only reason I just did a quick save/load without advancing ONCE on these 3 screenshots I've posted is because the settings were already changed/set WAY BACK before I even quick loaded it. I didn't advance just ONE scene but a lot of scenes that I even passed through multiple choices already since I'm already at Episode 3.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm not that stupid.
Come on now.. I never said that.

I changed the settings way back in the start of the game. Later on, saved on a choice, read through it, load the save to read the other choice but quick menu is gone and I have to enable it again.
Again, sorry but I can't replicate this behavior. When I do this the load has the identical settings as the save I made doing exactly as you stated in the quote. I've just now tested it for saving the QM being Off, then being On then being in Hover mode and all three loaded exactly that way after skipping forward a bit, making another settings change, then reloading the save... the save had the settings I had made on all three tests.

The QM code is identical to all other SanchoMods currently in v7b Core, so there's nothing new going on here either.

If you are feeling frisky then backup (do this first) then delete your persistent file in both "/game/saves" and "AppData/Roaming/RenPy/Lilith_Rising_saves". Do this with the VN closed, then fire it back up and test with a new QuckSave/QuickLoad. Remember the dev changed the save folder location a few updates back and this has caused some odd bugs for some folks. The old AppData save folder was "PrinceofDesire-1657560129".

Last edited:

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
If you are feeling frisky then backup (do this first) then delete your persistent file in both "/game/saves" and "AppData/Roaming/RenPy/Lilith_Rising_saves". Do this with the VN closed, then fire it back up and test with a new QuckSave/QuickLoad. Remember the dev changed the save folder location a few updates back and this has caused some odd bugs for some folks. The old AppData save folder was "PrinceofDesire-1657560129".
Yea ok I give up lol. Did everything fresh, including dling the game and mod again, & made a backup and deleted the persistent/save files in both the game folder and Roaming/RenPy and it still happens. This is the first game version I've downloaded and played so I pretty much have zero old persistent files.

It just confuses the heck out of me since I could say I'm pretty familiar with and how your mod works since I've played multiple games you made a mod for and this is the first time it has happened.

Thanks for the time & trying to help Sancho. I guess I'll just ignore it and hopefully the next game/mod version wouldn't have this problem again on my end.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yea ok I give up lol. Did everything fresh, including dling the game and mod again, & made a backup and deleted the persistent/save files in both the game folder and Roaming/RenPy and it still happens. This is the first game version I've downloaded and played so I pretty much have zero old persistent files.

It just confuses the heck out of me since I could say I'm pretty familiar with and how your mod works since I've played multiple games you made a mod for and this is the first time it has happened.

Thanks for the time & trying to help Sancho. I guess I'll just ignore it and hopefully the next game/mod version wouldn't have this problem again on my end.
If I could replicate the behavior I could dang sure fix it bud... but I can't think of why it's doing this to you given the tests performed on your end. I'll keep it on my radar and while I'm updating TFMG and will chime back in if I think of something. We'll figure it out one way or another.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zeruelll

sfabre1963

Mar 1, 2024
View attachment 2372029

Overview:
In-game mod for Lilith Rising (formerly "Tainted")
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Note: The VN is Prologue and just released so keep your expectations of the mod grounded for the time being as this is the foundation for what is yet to be released pending future VN updates (there's only so much content so far to work with).

Updated: 09/27/2023
Game/Creator: Lilith Rising (Tainted) / Jubei /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v1.0.2ns
Game Version:v1.0.2ns
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (varies from port to port).
  • Too many new features to list (see FAQ below for even more features implemented in the latest Core).

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 09/27/2023 19:49 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 2372041 View attachment 2372042 View attachment 2372043 View attachment 2372044
View attachment 2372045 View attachment 2372046 View attachment 2372047 View attachment 2372048 View attachment 2372049
View attachment 2372050
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 2372028
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

How do you take screenshots, I see this mod is using the s key. I tried a bunch of keys, but can't figure out how to take a screenshot.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How do you take screenshots, I see this mod is using the s key. I tried a bunch of keys, but can't figure out how to take a screenshot.
See the FAQ in the OP (second post), specifically here (click the pic to enlarge):
1710426641004.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:mad:
I'm knee-deep in a two episode (late public leak) update for Erotica.
This is getting ridiculous. I'll never get my damn tax reporting done at this rate.
So, this little ditty is just going to have to wait a bit. It ain't happening tonight.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote