Mod Ren'Py Lilith Rising (Tainted) [v1.0.3ns] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Porting this over sucks. With the RenPy version change I'm having to manually copy/paste almost all the original (still working) code over to the "new" version. This is painstaking since there's so many files to sort through... but I'll get there slowly but surely. This might take more than one pot of coffee tbh. I'll post some teasers once I'm done porting, fire up the VN, and it doesn't explode. I'm very concerned all the hours I spent on the last versions "freeroam" code might be broken. I cringe at the thought of having to redo them now... hopefully not.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Porting this over sucks. With the RenPy version change I'm having to manually copy/paste almost all the original (still working) code over to the "new" version. This is painstaking since there's so many files to sort through... but I'll get there slowly but surely. This might take more than one pot of coffee tbh. I'll post some teasers once I'm done porting, fire up the VN, and it doesn't explode. I'm very concerned all the hours I spent on the last versions "freeroam" code might be broken. I cringe at the thought of having to redo them now... hopefully not.
Damn man, surely devcs aren't helping with all these change.. don't worry we wait your magic with patience. maybe tell devs if they do those change would help being in touch with you..and help each others..cuz surely i play many games cuz trhere is a WTmod..so your hard work help their games being played by much more ppl...sry bad english and thanks for your works

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Literally, it's international 'release current game build' week! Sancho's gonna be real busy xD

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Literally, it's international 'release current game build' week! Sancho's gonna be real busy xD
My beef with this one is that there's not really much of anything new. It's (basically) just a coding and variable renaming rewrite. I'm not convinced yet that it was necessary at all. It feels like it was simply an exercise by the new dev team. I'm not done going through everything so maybe I'm wrong here... but so far it's all redundant imo. Work for the sake of work.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, I'm fixing all the new bugs but I also had to recode all the "free roams" and AutoSaves code of the Core due to the wonky way the VN is handling the new Ep2 Map destination choice... which used to be forced on the Player but now the Player can select which to do first. So, this new dev team has attempted to migrate and twist scenes in both Ep2 and Ep3 to make this new "feature" work correctly. It's a bit of a mess tbh but doable (I'm now basically done with fixing it all).

The exception I haven't fixed is the Journal entry bug which I noted here in the VN's thread. I can fix it all nice and tidy but will only do so if I have time to spare once I'm done updating the mod instead of fixing the actual VN gameplay (the Journal entries are not my personal priority tbh).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck it... I sorted the Journal bugs too. Gave the main dev my fixes via the exact code I used so is simple copy/paste replacement. Made post here in VN's thread. Main dev is a good dude... but the coder he hired... dunno, he's made many fundamental mistakes. I hope he learns from the experience.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI, while I was doing my normal closeout code cleanup I went ahead and added a bit of polish to the Save screen's named save input location. It now replaces the screen's Page navigation row (at the bottom of the save/load slots). Here's a visual of the normal screen and the screen during input:
1713045223222.png 1713045249100.png

This was completely unnecessary but I thought it looked pretty cool, so I did it anyway.

Now, time to get this built and in your hands...

PerfectPeachPro

May 8, 2021
The fact that you take a few minutes between working on your mods to share updates about why it takes so long makes us feel important and like we are helping even if it is only by saying "We appreciate your efforts".
What he said.

Always know there are a ton of us patiently waiting and appreciating the hell out of what you do. Thanks man.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v1.0.3ns)
1713047928106.png 1713047945760.png
Go get you some.

I fixed every bug I could find including but not limited to this one, this one, and this one.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

DragonsFear

Jan 8, 2022
View attachment 3538685 View attachment 3538688
Go get you some.

I fixed every bug I could find including but not limited to this one, this one, and this one.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
thank you for the hard work :)

NyVar

May 23, 2020
Go get you some.

Thanks again, brother! :cool:(y) Now get them taxesdone, and put us on hold for a while :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks again, brother! :cool:(y) Now get them taxesdone, and put us on hold for a while :ROFLMAO:
It's way too late now. I'm just going to send them extra, get the extensions, and get a refunded difference later. Tonight I'm gonna sip whiskey and level up some heroes in Brotato. That's the R&R I need now.

NyVar

May 23, 2020
It's way too late now. I'm just going to send them extra, get the extensions, and get a refunded difference later. Tonight I'm gonna sip whiskey and level up some heroes in Brotato. That's the R&R I need now.
The simplest pleasures are often the best ;D Got to check it out. Im a Vampire Survivors guy myself. Enjoy the whiskey ;)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Mihawk_80

Jul 2, 2022
Go get you some.

thank your for your hard work

Reactions: Sancho1969
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote