• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... and here we go.

Joubei: Bug Report

"lunch choice" variables not defined (declared) anywhere in the VN which results in an exception error being either:
NameError: name 'L2S08_valery' is not defined
or
NameError: name 'L2S08_freja' is not defined

This exception occurs here due to the variables never have being previously defined:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, to be fair this is older code that has been replaced by "outpost_logistics"... so most users won't experience an error... but some will. The reason being is that the old screen code is still in the project and if read by RenPy (in my case it was) then the error is thrown regardless.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Joubei: Another bug in Ep3, Scene10:
The variable was already defined in "scene08" here:
The bug that is the result is that when starting a new playthrough "monastery_mission_first " is True due to Scene10 issue... and it should be False until SET in Scene10. This is totally borked. You need to speak to your new coder imho... they don't seem to understand a few basic coding fundamentals regarding defining variables and setting variables which are two totally different things.

To easily fix the bug, in Scene 10 it should be written like this:
Python:
    if witch_hut_mission == False:
        $ monastery_mission_first = True

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Joubei: Another bug in Journal after both Ep2 and Ep3:

Since the VN is now coded to allow the Player to select which location on the Map they travel to first (Monastery or WitchHut), the Episode ending's Journal entries can reflect incorrect information. This is due to the Journal entries still being static and assuming the pre-v1.0.3 Map selection code (since the pre-v1.0.3 Map was coded to force the Player to the Monastery first).

So, if the Player goes to the WitchHut first, that evening's Camp Room selection only has Freja/Val room choices (since the Sisters haven't been discovered by the Player yet) and only Val's scene is available. So, the Player can select the Val Room scene in Ep2 (was only in Ep3 previously) and the ending Journal states "Had sex with Freja" and "Rescued Sophie and Sylvie" which is not correct. The same happens vice-versa in Ep3 with this scenario.

To fix this the Journal text entries need a conditional to check where the Player went on the Map in Ep2 (for Ep2's Journal) and in Ep3 (for Ep3's Journal) and change the entries accordingly.

Visual example of the issue: In this case the Player chose to travel to the Witch's Hut first (in Ep2), then in Camp goes to Val's room. Result of the Journal doesn't change to reflect this scenario:
1713034662327.png 1713034683623.png

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Has anyone played the update, is it worth it, doesn't seem like there is much of anything new, at least going by how shitty the change log is, 2 updates and both saying season 1 is complete?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Joubei: Another bug in Journal after both Ep2 and Ep3:

Since the VN is now coded to allow the Player to select which location on the Map they travel to first (Monastery or WitchHut), the Episode ending's Journal entries can reflect incorrect information. This is due to the Journal entries still being static and assuming the pre-v1.0.3 Map selection code (since the pre-v1.0.3 Map was coded to force the Player to the Monastery first).

So, if the Player goes to the WitchHut first, that evening's Camp Room selection only has Freja/Val room choices (since the Sisters haven't been discovered by the Player yet) and only Val's scene is available. So, the Player can select the Val Room scene in Ep2 (was only in Ep3 previously) and the ending Journal states "Had sex with Freja" and "Rescued Sophie and Sylvie" which is not correct. The same happens vice-versa in Ep3 with this scenario.

To fix this the Journal text entries need a conditional to check where the Player went on the Map in Ep2 (for Ep2's Journal) and in Ep3 (for Ep3's Journal) and change the entries accordingly.

Visual example of the issue: In this case the Player chose to travel to the Witch's Hut first (in Ep2), then in Camp goes to Val's room. Result of the Journal doesn't change to reflect this scenario:
View attachment 3537973 View attachment 3537976
Joubei, here are the Journal fixes you can use to sort this particular bug. I thought if I didn't do it myself it might get borked yet again in any pending "bug fix" release by your team.

Copy/paste as needed:

In "journal2" script:
In "journal3" script:

That'll get you done bud.... for this one bug.

Also note that the formatting you have in the Episode2 Journal is different from Episode1 and Episode3. I kept it the same as you have it in each.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Jimmy_Jam

May 1, 2022
Has anyone played the update, is it worth it, doesn't seem like there is much of anything new, at least going by how shitty the change log is, 2 updates and both saying season 1 is complete?
I just finished it and there really isnt anything new that I seen, still ends at the same point after seeing HER sitting next to you when you wake up. It feels like this was all just UI changes and such unless for some reason I got the wrong file lol

Reactions: Havik79 and MD27

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I think Avaron is probably right: https://f95zone.to/threads/lilith-rising-v1-0-3ns-jubei.140205/post-13459998 It's probably also why they both say "complete". Season 1's story was complete with the previous release, and this new version probably doesn't do much other than polish (or maybe add an earlier scene or two). But story-wise, I doubt there's a huge amount of difference.

Reactions: Havik79

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Lilith Rising (Tainted) - MultiMod Edition (v1.0.3ns Update)
Tainted_SM_Cover2.jpg

Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )

1713048334096.png 1713048353096.png

I fixed every bug I could find including but not limited to this one, this one, and this one.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Joubei, another thing: did the steam app ID change for some reason recently?

In v1.0.2 was:
Python:
ju "{a=https://store.steampowered.com/app/2864850/Lilith_Rising__Season_2/}{u}Please wishlist Season 2 on Steam - click here.{/u}{/a}"
... and now:
Python:
ju "{a=https://store.steampowered.com/app/2424440/Lilith_Rising__Season_1}{u}Please wishlist the game on Steam{/u}{/a}"
Why did the app ID change bud?
nope steam ID stayed you're confusing season 2 with season 1 :D

the top one is season 2 :D

Reactions: Sancho1969

Melanx0l1k

Feb 28, 2023
For running on macos, you must open right click Lilith_Rising.app after contents after MacOS and run Lilith_Rising.exec. Congratz you run this game

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
For running on macos, you must open right click Lilith_Rising.app after contents after MacOS and run Lilith_Rising.exec. Congratz you run this game
That's one way to do it.
You can also create a standalone Mac version by shuffling the components around, or
remove the quarantine imposed on the app by Gatekeeper (a good practice for games downloaded from here)
See https://f95zone.to/threads/lilith-rising-v1-0-3ns-jubei.140205/post-11845892 and https://f95zone.to/threads/lilith-rising-v1-0-3ns-jubei.140205/post-11373244

Reactions: Melanx0l1k

Melanx0l1k

Feb 28, 2023
Reactions: PBS666

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
A no update update is what this is.
I actually thought there was a bug and it somehow skipped to the end.
A 6 month wait for nothing.
We are working on season 2,
We’re aiming for a full release (8 eps) around August / September, which doesn’t leave much time for episodic release in the mean time.
we’ll try to release something prior, it the schedule is very tight.

3.50 star(s) 38 Votes