NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I'm having a problem on mac: Whenever I open it, it gives me a warning "Could not find the 'res' folder." I have extracted it directly from the zip file, any solution? Ignoring it and running the game won't work, the new game button doesn't do anything.
Not a mac person but from what I've seen in our tech channel, the system isn't setting the working directory properly when you try to start from the file explorer.
You'll need to open a terminal, use cd /<some/path> to navigate to where you unpacked LT and then use java -jar <filename>.jar to run LT.

hillian

Dec 27, 2020
Not a mac person but from what I've seen in our tech channel, the system isn't setting the working directory properly when you try to start from the file explorer.
You'll need to open a terminal, use cd /<some/path> to navigate to where you unpacked LT and then use java -jar <filename>.jar to run LT.
Just tried this, I got this error message:

Error: Could not find or load main class com.lilithsthrone.main.Main
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Just tried this, I got this error message:

Error: Could not find or load main class com.lilithsthrone.main.Main
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application
The version of Java that ships with macOS (and most varieties of Linux, for that matter) is too new and doesn't include JavaFX.

The easiest solution is to download Oracle Java 8 from . I threw together a quick script that will explicitly use that version of Java to launch Lilith's Throne. You can grab that from here: https://f95zone.to/threads/liliths-throne-v0-4-0-6-innoxia.3564/post-5733776

Put the script in the same directory as the jar file, run it through Finder (you'll probably have to ctrl-click the script, then ctrl-click "Open" the first time you use it to create a GateKeeper exception), and you should be good.

Let me know if you run into any snags.

Taak

Jun 21, 2017
I'm having a problem on mac: Whenever I open it, it gives me a warning "Could not find the 'res' folder." I have extracted it directly from the zip file, any solution? Ignoring it and running the game won't work, the new game button doesn't do anything.
Put file into finder/applications, that what was working for me when I actually bothered myself to download LT

Oct 26, 2017
Like I said, the issue isn't just him being side tracked. This isn't the place to discuss Yandere Dev's many failings, if you want to know all the information there are multiple videos breaking down the various reasons he is one of the most hated game devs.
Smart people don't pay for things they don't like. This allows developers to keep doing it because it just works.

The more trending and popular a developer gets - and that includes hate, don't underestimate hate fuel - the more free advertising they get. There is no "karma system" in the crowdfunding market, but let's not get into this... No one really cares either way.
there should be a perk or some shit where theres no "u came already you dont get essence." I just want to pump and dump and entire alleyway for essence not "cater to their needs"
the balance is already wack. I can legit just be a prostitute and hit quick sex and be rich with essence and crap, so thats no excuse.
Balance really isn't a priority, lol. If you want a working version, grab , export it to a new repo and rewrite it (preferrably from scratch) if you feel like it, then build something that isn't a rampant pile of Java garbage with memory leaks - and as tehlemon said, Java isn't the problem.

You can write text-based smut in Pascal with fancy features. If you're going to use Java, might as well do it right.

Text-based games have been a thing for over 50 years and some zoners aren't even this old yet.
Put file into finder/applications, that what was working for me when I actually bothered myself to download LT
On-topic: Didn't even notice there was a "hotfix" version, lmao.

krappaclub

Jan 23, 2021
I pick up the game yesterday and just finished saving Arthur. Sorry if it was asked/discussed before but I do not wanna spoil my self reading this thread.

I do not think that this is intended but at lilith difficulty my elemental do 400% damage to enemies instead of 25% damage output penalty at lilith difficulty. It probably deals 16 times of intended damage.

Am I suppose to be able to loot everything from defeated enemy? I was inefficiently selling 100-500 flames clothes from alleyways enemy which need to be clicked 1 by 1, until I found that dark alleyways enemies 10k flames weapons which stack together plus 1k per consumables which also stack together saving myself from spamming 100+ clicks to less than 10 clicks.
The lesser clicks feel great but gold gain from this dark alleyways farming might be a bit too much when enemy like centaur in alleyways are even stronger than dark alleyways enemy.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I pick up the game yesterday and just finished saving Arthur. Sorry if it was asked/discussed before but I do not wanna spoil my self reading this thread.
That's for the best. Come back once you've run out of stuff to do and join in on the wait lol

I do not think that this is intended but at lilith difficulty my elemental do 400% damage to enemies instead of 25% damage output penalty at lilith difficulty. It probably deals 16 times of intended damage.
Yeah, that's... lets call it a design oversight. lol

Am I suppose to be able to loot everything from defeated enemy? I was inefficiently selling 100-500 flames clothes from alleyways enemy which need to be clicked 1 by 1, until I found that dark alleyways enemies 10k flames weapons which stack together plus 1k per consumables which also stack together saving myself from spamming 100+ clicks to less than 10 clicks.
The gold gain from this dark alleyways farming might be too much.
You can pretty much loot everything from NPC, yes. But it doesn't loot their weapons if you say unequip and take all, because reasons. You can grab them manually though. I think it's supposed to be the "intended" way to make money, but yeah, it kind of sucks.

I'll avoid going into mechanical spoilers unless you ask for them, but looting NPCs for clothing and weapons is about the worst possible way to make money. It's great for giving you an RSI as you spam click to sell though. But there are significantly better ways to make money, and I'd recommend exploring your options. Then if you want to know the weird ways, feel free to ask.

Oct 26, 2017
One of the game's many bugs due to failing to perform a proper check on companions and elementals and not intended (also applies to other difficulties where enemy damage changes).
Am I suppose to be able to loot everything from defeated enemy?
Yes, but you're not supposed to make a living this way due to how the game "works". If you don't want to end up hoarding a shit ton of useless items (wasting a lot of time with the weapons) and clogging up your savefile, better explore other options as tehlemon stated.

First-time entries are good for the shared encyclopedia but that's about it.

hillian

Dec 27, 2020
Thanks! This fixed it for me. I'm just confused because on my previous mac it had worked just fine in my downloads folder.

DerWahrePeter

Oct 5, 2019
That is something I might end up doing depending on what I can actually give to the new areas, especially since some of the things I want probably won't happen in the game or will be released 10 years from now when we finally see v0.5.0.
If you do, ask DSGMods for directions. He has some knowledge on what can and can't be done with XML modding.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Elis the city was finally added, and has writing, but the only real content is in the town's tavern at the present moment.
Better than nothing------------- but I see Runey, Arc, EvaKiss, Oni, Savin, Maverik (many creators) out there making decent games even greater and have to wish for more---------------

I dont like kink shaming, but maybe delay the strange side fetishes til the END when you have COMPLETED the main story. Maybe write down the requests of her SS donors and wait to implement them when the main is done and you are prepping the side dishes to go with the main course------------

This is just one healer's opinion tho. Nothing too serious.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Better than nothing------------- but I see Runey, Arc, EvaKiss, Oni, Savin, Maverik (many creators) out there making decent games even greater and have to wish for more---------------

I dont like kink shaming, but maybe delay the strange side fetishes til the END when you have COMPLETED the main story. Maybe write down the requests of her SS donors and wait to implement them when the main is done and you are prepping the side dishes to go with the main course------------

This is just one healer's opinion tho. Nothing too serious.
We've been saying that for like two years lol

Feb 21, 2019
If you want a working version, grab , export it to a new repo and rewrite it (preferrably from scratch) if you feel like it, then build something that isn't a rampant pile of Java garbage with memory leaks
Could you point me to a vid or something on how to "Build" I've tried to edit files in another java game(Javabro) and ive spent days downloading eclipse, code blocks and a whole bunch other crap and I still dont know how to build from gradle or anything for that matter.

I have no problem reading code, testing it and figuring it out but completly lost on repositories and file structure.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Could you point me to a vid or something on how to "Build" I've tried to edit files in another java game(Javabro) and ive spent days downloading eclipse, code blocks and a whole bunch other crap and I still dont know how to build from gradle or anything for that matter.

I have no problem reading code, testing it and figuring it out but completly lost on repositories and file structure.
Best I can could do is link you to a build tutorial:

I haven't tested it myself, but it was written by a contributor so it probably actually works now.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
I dont like kink shaming, but maybe delay the strange side fetishes til the END when you have COMPLETED the main story.
C'mon man, we dont even have back of the knee sex implemented for furry, pink and purple, dino-octo-futa-cocks yet.
Just let them get that fetish in there for the hardcore followers who have requested it.

• Haha
Reactions: Asia Argento

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
C'mon man, we dont even have back of the knee sex implemented for furry, pink and purple, dino-octo-futa-cocks yet.
Just let them get that fetish in there for the hardcore followers who have requested it.
Where's muh ear sex?! I'm surrounded by furries with long ears and none of them can be fucked. I mean, what are they for then? C'mon man, we've been waiting forever for this sort of thing...

/sarcasm

Reactions: 0culus and caju

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Yep, i think i've finally reached the final stage of playing LT:

1. Denial: "i literally just tried this game a few days ago and it's so fucking good i drained my balls for 3 days nonstop, wtf are these bitter forum dwellers even talking about, this game is brilliant!!!"
and also "...huh? that's all for the new update? ...well i guess the dev need some time to rest, game-development is not easy after all, i hope the next update is released smoothly as promised"

2. Anger: "again??? but how?! why??!! how can she get away with this again?!"

3. Bargain: "maybe i should play other games while waiting for a more substantial update, instead of trying every new version i'll just skip 10-20 update and see what's new, with this method i think i can deceive myself into looking at major changes"

4. Depression: *1.5 year has passed* "huh... wasn't the story also ended here last time?"

5. Acceptance: "i'm just gonna read the thread with some popcorn while reading ppl who are still on stage 1 arguing against ppl who are on stage 2"

Oct 26, 2017
Really dumb question so please bear with me but, is there a way to use the parser to evaluate static final "constants" or did I lose even more brain cells playing around with this here?

e.g. ONGOING, VAGINA, CANDI_SEX_TIMER_ID, etc.

(The actual definitions are referenced pretty easily but the parser doesn't exactly like that, either. And yeah, there's also the way less tryhard XML approach, but the goal is doing it live.)

Just trying to check if I can live-test stuff without having the Java IDE, debugger, Scene Builder and whatnot going full blowjob face on my system resources since I'm pretty tight on disk space. If there's a lightweight approach to actually do this, then I'm all ears (or rather eyes, since my ears are dead and I don't exactly listen to text).

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes