• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lily's Curse Prologue [v0.3] [GubaStudio]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Jan 10, 2020
Yes, Yumi is great.

It is not abandoned, but it is on hold. The head of the team got disabled and is having to go through a lot right now. That said, he stopped charging people while he is taking a break from the game and trying to get his life back together and learn more while he can.

With any luck, we can get back to it when he is ready, but I am afraid I don't know how much longer that will be. You know how slow governments can be, and now the world is falling apart.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
wow, that really sux...so r u able 2 say what happened to him, or is it too personal? n ur rite about how the world is reacting to this, it's really a shame...but thanks for at least letting us know the latest

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
wow, that really sux...so r u able 2 say what happened to him, or is it too personal? n ur rite about how the world is reacting to this, it's really a shame...but thanks for at least letting us know the latest
He got injured on the job, and had to deal with doctors, lawyers, government, etc. He is starting to do better now, but he is also taking this chance to take classes for coding and whatnot. Sorry that it is taking so long, I wish we had been able to get more done before that, but at least when he is ready, things should be a lot better.

Jan 10, 2020
He got injured on the job, and had to deal with doctors, lawyers, government, etc. He is starting to do better now, but he is also taking this chance to take classes for coding and whatnot. Sorry that it is taking so long, I wish we had been able to get more done before that, but at least when he is ready, things should be a lot better.
well at least there's a silver lining, that he can take those classes...n hopefully when all the red tape is done, a nice fat disability check for life (y)

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
With 1.5 GB when there is only 0.3% of the game completed, Id say that's pretty impressive.
A lot of that is clearly going for the high detailed renders I am sure, which is one of the reasons I am interested in reading this novel and choosing my own adventure.

Reactions: SoiCowboy

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Nothing here or on Patron since May 2019 ... this game appears abandoned not On Hold.
He got disabled, and was paid to go back to school so that he be a better developer. I don't know when or how it will return, but I do know that he IS still working on the game, in various ways and forms. Toying with various options, and so on.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hi TheDevian and thank you for the information. I am very sorry to hear about his predicament, and for my part I would just wish him well and hope that he can still achieve his dreams.
Me too. I don't hear from him too often these days, but I will make sure to tell you guys if I hear something about the game before he tells you himself.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Last Patreon post was in 2019-11 and mentioned:

Official Post from Guba Studio: Hello everyone! I'm not coming with a great new , but I need to be realist on this... I won't be able to continue the game for now. Sadly many things moved in my life and need to be fixed before i can truely focus on the game again ...
After 4+ months of being OnHold, we scrutinize it further: their Patreon is not open to supporters and their Discord looks relatively inactive (from a Dev standpoint).

Marking as Abandoned.

• Sad
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Last Patreon post was in 2019-11 and mentioned:

After 4+ months of being OnHold, we scrutinize it further: their Patreon is not open to supporters and their Discord looks relatively inactive (from a Dev standpoint).

Marking as Abandoned.
Yeah, we still talk in the dev room occasionally, and he is working on it, but the new version may not be the same beast. Not sure how it is going at the moment.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
It's an unfortunate situation, but understandable. At least this is a much better indicator of things for those new to the game. I'll look forward to the next update / replacement when Guba is ready to develop again.

Reactions: TheDevian
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes