• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Living in Viellci [v0.3 Alpha] [NC131]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

NC131

Dec 9, 2022
It reminds me Witch Trainer: Silver, with how similar systems are. Sure there were some good mods, I even made some. But after a while it just stops and quality almost never reaches official levels.

- I can't say anything other than "It feels clunky not being able to skip, rewind or save/load" and I guess it is up to you to consider pozitives and negatives. Personally, it is a big negative.

- I generally think tutorials should be small/fast in those games with the ability to see it again. Maybe you can just make a single screen with all the information, then you can put a question mark in the corner if player want to see again, like image below. Most ppl know what to do if this is not their first game anyway.

View attachment 3231913

- I meant those animations

View attachment 3231863

Yeah it looks good at first but waiting this daily at the start/end of the job (and some other things like fights probably) will be annoying for sure.

- I just want make one suggestion about the map, support it with decisive colors. Like put somewhere some pink neon lights and if I move to next screen make sure I will know where I did came from easily by seeing that pink light.

- I love the modding as a system but it is a fact that quality never reaches official levels on those games (even this official mod is an obvious downgrade tbh) and even if initally make players create some stuff for it, after first excitement goes away it turns in to a desert. Not to mention if you ever need to change mod system (lets say you fixed that performance issue you mentioned) this might break older mods which is even more discouraging to create. I am talking from my experience of what I saw in "Witch Trainer: Silver" modding.

Honestly you could've just create some mini events time to time and gift people patreon tiers, then add winner's clothes to the game yourself. This would save you from mod-related bug hassle as well.

----

Few more small suggestions ^^

- Lack of skip option make the game feel more grindy as well. If I am going to pat hair 5 times for example, without skip it takes longer and overall feels like a more grindy game for no reason.

- I think what you preview and what you buy should be same, I think currently it is a bit confusing for no reason.

- On Wardrobe, make "Equipped" more visible with a colorful bar

View attachment 3231907

- Whole Save/Load button should work, currently it reacts to your mouse but has no functionality. Just make it like this?

View attachment 3231904

- I think Energy is the most important thing to show here. You can keep money (and others?) as well but energy definitely should be visible all the time.

View attachment 3231910

- White screen after clicking this makes me blind ;(

View attachment 3231923

- If there is nothing I can do, simply don't let me enter into bathroom. Say something like "I have nothing to do there".

I guess thats all I can think as a small stuff right now. I hope it helps :)

Lastly I just want to say that I think you can make first 1-2 days feel better by throwing some stuff to later days. Like skipping food making and just buying first few days, or buying clothing after 4-5 days etc. Currently it teaches everything first 1-2 days and you directly enter a loop, but with change it may feel more organic like

Met with the girl > 1-2 days of talking loop > Conversation about homemade food > 1-2 days of talking and cooking loop > conversation about clothing > ...

Instead of learning everything in first 2 days and then playing a loop next 5 day, you can spread it to the whole week.

Good luck, potential is there ^^
I Deeply thank you for the detailed feedback! ^^

Please tell me more if you have any! :giggle:

NC131

Dec 9, 2022
This is such a buggy game (build v0.3), but also looks promising once the bugs get sorted.... Willy keep an eye on it due to how different it is and hope it improves with time.
Main issue I have is not being able to load the save with easy when I try to load it later, as the game makes me play it from the start, until I can access the mains options, very annoying that!
"not being able to load the save with easy when I try to load it later"

Hm... I'm not quite sure what you mean there, but I'm guessing the option to go back to main menu should be added?

Azero

Jul 24, 2017
Oh? mind telling me how you got this issue?

are you playing the game offline or?
I use google drive file;
and I do nothing, game freeze and doesn't respond after NC131 logo with and without mod.

First time i see that on a renpy game.
but in case, my config :

i7 11700k
64go ram
RTX 4070 ti
win 10 - 22h2
game on a nvme

• Thinking Face
Reactions: NC131

Drawning

Feb 27, 2019
There seems to be a bug where (i think) When you shower together during the day, and then at night you can take infinite showers together (im at 4th atm)

• Thinking Face

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
"saddassad

If you played Imouto Life Monochrome and it's spiritual sequel you should be excited about this game. Will this game ever be finished? Almost certainly not, but we can all hope that the state it will be abandoned will be satisfactory."
That is a brutal and sadly quite extremely likely outcome aptly summed up... but otherwise lets give the dev our well wishes... and maybe some 'nice bruh back pats'

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
"saddassad

If you played Imouto Life Monochrome and it's spiritual sequel you should be excited about this game. Will this game ever be finished? Almost certainly not, but we can all hope that the state it will be abandoned will be satisfactory."
That is a brutal and sadly quite extremely likely outcome aptly summed up... but otherwise lets give the dev our well wishes... and maybe some 'nice bruh back pats'
bruh x2

That's why you need to be on the discord. They've been solidly active the entire time, asking feedback about upcoming systems. Posting preview content that I then torpedoed by pointing out it looked like something, making them redesign the clothing store into what it looks like now. There's a chance they quit, but they've now picked an awful time to start having second thoughts after all the relatively boring work they've put in.

I said beta. This is the 0.3 alpha. I don't know how long they're going to work on making alpha as stable as they can before the drop the beta content into it but the way they've described it, it's segmented, ready and going to overwrite some of the earlier stuff.

a820802

Jan 8, 2019
suggestion on the map/ explore.

It is disorienting when exploring. as the camera is constantly shifting and the mini map also rotate and I find myself often clicking right back to the area I came from..

*Add a faint line on the mini map that show which way you came from
or a indicator icon where you came from.

*Make the Icon of travel the same color of minimap's entrance, give POI or stores a different color on ICON and the map.
*Show camera pov cone on the minimap , make the minimap consistent on which way is north..

• Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes