• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Completed Liz -The Tower and the Grimoire- [v1.03] [Clymenia]

4.60 star(s) 39 Votes

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
There's another merchant on the next level of town.
Ah I see thanks. I have a similar issue in the baths, but I guess there might be different baths or something later on. Will finish the game before asking useless questions :) thanks

Nickzz235

Sep 9, 2018
I played both FT and Kagura ver. recently.

So far, I prefer kagura just because it feels more comfortable to read a "kind of text book" of script, and fan translation is more of raw translation of the japanese meaning + some slang. this is coming from someone who only learn english from textbook and movie/games, so maybe if you are more fond of slang and familiar with casual conversation, fan translation is a way to go. if you prefer video-game kind of script (like semi-formal) in console JRPG, just go with Kagura ver. instead.

still curious about Fan translate mod though, is it enough content to go for fan translate even if you prefer Kagura ver.?

Reactions: ayosuaa

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
If you think these "official" tls are all done from the scratch you are very wrong, some are just the fan tls they bought with some changes here and there. How do i know you may ask?
I like to take my time to compare the scripts of the games. Something that helped me realize some of their earlier releases are just clever edited MTLs ( if you want a example look at Seed of Evil carefully).
Well that wouldn't surprise me however Escape from Fort Lugohm felt like a downgrade to me.

Last edited:

YabenoHkmr

Jun 6, 2018
Wow you must miss out on a lot with that mindset.
Maybe, but there's also a lot of other good games on my back log that i can play instead with my limited free time. Usually tho if the game really good or i really want to play it i usually just play it in JP instead. I just prefer playing in EN because it use less brain power (damn kanji).

I like to take my time to compare the scripts of the games. Something that helped me realize some of their earlier releases are just clever edited MTLs ( if you want a example look at Seed of Evil carefully).
Yea, i dropped Seed of Evil because it reads like edited MTL on a lot of instance.

NotBrowsingHentai

Dec 31, 2018
I did a virgin run on the Kagura version of the game. Using previous saves on the old fan translated Liz of the Tower will lead to an error about Graphics/Characters can't read file. Happy Fapping.

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
(damn kanji).
Indeed once there is too much of it in a game that has no English version, I can't read it anymore, so I go make a MTL of it. Edit (gotta get rid of all those gems talking about eagles, ants and men declaring they're pregnant), and bug fix with Translator ++

May 28, 2019
Idk about anyone else but i did actually bought some games on dlsite because there were fan tls for them
Good ol' timeless debate of whether piracy is good. If you're a game maker, are you gonna not explore a legal outlet for your game? You're telling me the devs should've fuck off and be content with the exposure they have from pirated releases? Remember that officially, this game does not have an English localization.

Something that helped me realize some of their earlier releases are just clever edited MTLs ( if you want a example look at Seed of Evil carefully)
Argument taken, but you're using a past example to prove something happening today, how does that work? Seed of Evil was released during Kagura Game's infancy, when they still have a Patreon (which is now dead, as they can sufficiently support themselves from sales). Sounds to me like they have a pretty rough start, but got a foothold onto the HRPG localizing industry and simply managed to get real people to work with them now. There has not been a game recently that they stole/MTL, all are actually done from scratch. If they bought the fan translation, then that is up to the fan translator who agrees to sell or not - it's a business.

As for missing content, that is pretty weird and I am also against it. Official localizations should not cut out anything unless it is a touchy subject with the laws (even then, bypass-able with a patch). Let me look around for why.

Last edited:

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Argument taken, but you're using a past example to prove something happening today, how does that work?
If you want more modern examples i can give u Escape from Fortress Lugohm and even Liz.
Like i say i like to compare scripts, i do know japanese and many of their recent releases are very "rough around the edges" (in the sense they do literal translations of certain sentences akin to what google translate does, which it turn makes them really stand out).

Also not sure where you saw me talking about piracy.
Like someone said before its a matter of honor.
The existence of a fan tl doesn't stop the person from buying the actual jp game (which does give them money) to apply said patch.
Not to mention some devs actual contact the fan translator and ask if they can use their patches (from the top of my head you have the example of Sword Pirncess Cistina).

And lets be honest, if you are here you have no grounds to start talking about piracy or no piracy.
Fan tls or no fan tls you can always support the devs you like.

Thats all i have to say about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zastinx

Alli72

Mar 2, 2019
I think the point was, what exactly were you looking forward to? The game has been beautifully translated for quite some time and you could have already enjoyed it.

I get MTL has become a plague as of late, but there are some very good translations out there. This was one of them. So the complaint is valid.
He was also bad mouthing their recent games as well. And, as someone pointed out, Kagura is there to make money. Liz is a very popular game by a popular company that will net them profits. I bought it. I want to support and be positive towards a company doing professional translations and uncensored versions of games. If everyone spends their time badmouthing them and tearing them down trying to prevent them from releasing games that will make them money and then poof, they are gone like so many small companies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dyhart and ayosuaa
May 28, 2019
So after checking, the missing content is apparently some unused arts the dev did not use for their game. In which the fan TLer then used it to make their own events and mods. If you're getting/buying Kagura version, the only thing you're missing out is fan-made content.

Like i say i like to compare scripts, i do know japanese and many of their recent releases are very "rough around the edges" (in the sense they do literal translations of certain sentences akin to what google translate does, which it turn makes them really stand out).
Feel free to ask any translators you know in the scene whether their games have real translation or not. I would say the awkward few sentences you said that are “literal like google translate” just prove they have someone doing this from scratch. As for MTL and literal translation, there is not a single connection. Have you read an actual MTL? Do they actually convey the author’s meaning? You said it’s literal, yet you don’t know that is literally a translation style. Look up literal vs. liberal translation debates on any forums. Personally literal translation is preferable to me, they convey the author’s messages and don’t add any personal takes from the TLer.

Instead of using game title examples, perhaps you can also use actual scripts/lines from said game so I can verified with some people I know from the industry. I am no scripter or modder, but if you show me where the flaws are I can take a look into them.

The existence of a fan tl doesn't stop the person from buying the actual jp game
And lets be honest, if you are here you have no grounds to start talking about piracy or no piracy.
Fan tls or no fan tls you can always support the devs you like.
Wtf lmao, ain’t no one here asking you to buy the official content. The problem here was people thinking official localization was unnecessary and “could’ve been focused on other games”. I never said fan tl don’t bring benefits to a dev. What I did say is “should devs depend on that alone?” If I am a game creator? Fuck yeah I’ll sell my game to whatever stores I can get. Why would I spin the Wheel of Fortune and hope that piracy can give me the exposure and profits?

The thing with fan TL is that you cannot be sure how many are buying your products from it. I can claim 10, or five thousands and you won't have anything to disprove my claim. Not to mention it's a Japanese release, so unless you only care about the CGs then buying such a game does not give you as much incentive as a fully translated title. It being on a store means it has an official outlet to the Western market, ensure there are useful stats to whether the West is a good market to invest in (which further support the scene and the devs alike), and make it feels buying the game is worth your wallet.

Not to mention some devs actual contact the fan translator and ask if they can use their patches (from the top of my head you have the example of Sword Pirncess Cistina).
Some devs openly accept whatever support they get, even from piracy. Others don’t, and we have no say to whether they should or not. Look at Teaching Feelings’ dev, . We can't make him feel otherwise. Just because others do, doesn't mean everyone will.

If everyone spends their time badmouthing them and tearing them down trying to prevent them from releasing games that will make them money and then poof, they are gone like so many small companies.
Literally. We all should be glad there is a company doing official translation of these smaller H games. Before, it was just a bunch of MTLs sold on Steam and bigger companies like JAST and MG who mostly do VNs. If there exists a future where SakuraGame is the front of HRPG translation, I'll shoot myself.

Reactions: RedRob
Apr 4, 2019
So after checking, the missing content is apparently some unused arts the dev did not use for their game. In which the fan TLer then used it to make their own events and mods. If you're getting/buying Kagura version, the only thing you're missing out is fan-made content.

Feel free to ask any translators you know in the scene whether their games have real translation or not. I would say the awkward few sentences you said that are “literal like google translate” just prove they have someone doing this from scratch. As for MTL and literal translation, there is not a single connection. Have you read an actual MTL? Do they actually convey the author’s meaning? You said it’s literal, yet you don’t know that is literally a translation style. Look up literal vs. liberal translation debates on any forums. Personally literal translation is preferable to me, they convey the author’s messages and don’t add any personal takes from the TLer.

Instead of using game title examples, perhaps you can also use actual scripts/lines from said game so I can verified with some people I know from the industry. I am no scripter or modder, but if you show me where the flaws are I can take a look into them.

Wtf lmao, ain’t no one here asking you to buy the official content. The problem here was people thinking official localization was unnecessary and “could’ve been focused on other games”. I never said fan tl don’t bring benefits to a dev. What I did say is “should devs depend on that alone?” If I am a game creator? Fuck yeah I’ll sell my game to whatever stores I can get. Why would I spin the Wheel of Fortune and hope that piracy can give me the exposure and profits?

The thing with fan TL is that you cannot be sure how many are buying your products from it. I can claim 10, or five thousands and you won't have anything to disprove my claim. Not to mention it's a Japanese release, so unless you only care about the CGs then buying such a game does not give you as much incentive as a fully translated title. It being on a store means it has an official outlet to the Western market, ensure there are useful stats to whether the West is a good market to invest in (which further support the scene and the devs alike), and make it feels buying the game is worth your wallet.

Some devs openly accept whatever support they get, even from piracy. Others don’t, and we have no say to whether they should or not. Look at Teaching Feelings’ dev, . We can't make him feel otherwise. Just because others do, doesn't mean everyone will.

Literally. We all should be glad there is a company doing official translation of these smaller H games. Before, it was just a bunch of MTLs sold on Steam and bigger companies like JAST and MG who mostly do VNs. If there exists a future where SakuraGame is the front of HRPG translation, I'll shoot myself.
Lol
Checked guy's page
Wtf is wrong with that dude, he's so mean

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
So whats the point of upgrading stats in this combat system? Its never explained what the stats do but you can upgrade them with jewels.

variante

Jun 3, 2019
Uncen patch for jap version (Uncen patch v0.90)
Mega

Prepatched jap game with fan translation and Kagura uncensored images (Liz Ver.1.05 (mod Ver1.062 + uncen v0.90))
Mega

New content that was added through mod still censored because Kagura removed it (pictures that wasn't used).
Unicode filenames problem in both files.

4.60 star(s) 39 Votes