Unity - LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Swagylord1337

To be honest when i saw the dev team abandoning the previous project i was very sad, the game was going places it was fun and hot a bit grindy but overall it was going good places.. then they decide to make this one...with 3d and some weird mechanics (looks great on paper but making it work is another thing) and to be honest i have yet to see anything that was better than the previous project .. so far it is very poor , buggy and raw experience.
    Hope it gets more love but right now it's not worth it, might as well play the last one .
  2. 3.00 star(s)

MyLittleTrolly

Updated 01 2022

Too much ambition on the part of the developers and an attempt to cover too much and shove it into one game, with all their budget - unfortunately - does not benefit the project, and may also be the reason for its non-completion. It is better to take not quantity but quality, yet many people want to see a game for adults, and in the coming years, while the development of the project has already dragged on for too long, and even now does not have a large amount of gameplay

Updated 24 February, 2021.

Well, if ignore all the bugs and shortcomings - I definitely liked what I saw in the demo version of this project. The avatar's visual and physics of motion are not badly done, and although of course some movements still need to be finalized - the picture looks as a whole - very nice. Although sometimes I would still like to be able to zoom in and out of the camera from the main character, but I think that the developers themselves plan to introduce this in the future.

A controversial point is the deepening of the game in RPG, although in general - with proper implementation - everything can turn out pretty well, but still there will be many complaints from many players that they will not want to delve into the gameplay, but will immediately want to get * the most interesting *, but ... Devs can't please everyone.

It remains only to wish the developers not to slow down the pace of work, and, perhaps, they will still be able to surpass the success of their previous game project that was abandoned. Time will tell.

P.S. It was especially amusing that player can feel like a witcher and rob all the chests around, and no one will even say a word against :)...
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Mad_S

Review for tech demo version 0.0.1:

This tech demo is not representative of the upcoming game, which will use 2D backgrounds. All others assets and animations will remain in use though.

The art is beautiful, Kuja is doing an amazing job both for characters and backgrounds. The animations are high quality, not simple loops but real complex movements, which is the 1st time I see with characters and rigs that complex. The UI is still work in progress but seems on good tracks, fluid and well designed.

By discussing with the writer, the story and lore they're making seem interesting and captivating, with a great attention to details and character development, but that's too early to tell.

Overall a very promising project, very ambitious. Only time will tell if the small dev team will manage to pull this out, the animations and art taking a lot of time due to the high quality.

This game can not be noted yet, but I put 5 stars to counterbalance the 1 star reviews.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

stickitinher22

Not a very enjoyable start to this game. It is extremely buggy with Krystal disappearing/falling off the map when moved to certain locations and unable to load back in. You have to quit the game and restart from the begining when this happens which is rather annoying. The drawings are still a major WIP and the animations are missing/bug out when trying to progress the scenes with the snake.

Controls are not the best and sometimes you cannot tell which plane you are in when attempting to move the boxes.

Looking forward to the progress of this game as I really enjoy the Krystal series and this is currently a Tech Demo, but so far it is unplayable. Will happily change my rating when appropriate!