Cumknuckles

Oct 10, 2018
Everything is a waste of stamina. Your stamina is going to be wasted in an instant regardless of what you do.
No? Some uses of stamina are better than others and figuring which are which in what situations is part of what makes the game good.
That you have to either waste stamina constantly or take debuffs is part of the problem
Just to note that being dirty is more of a buff than debuff but anyway needing to evaluate which status effect are actually worth the price of dealing with right away and which aren't is an interesting decision so I don't think that's a problem.
The moving back and forth on the map is talking about how you can't rest in the graveyard or find food there. Trying to complete quests like that or the mine quest means you'll have to regularly leave eventually because all the resting drains your food too fast. Any quest area that you can't find food in has this issue.
Even when playing on hardcore for a quest to require eating more than 5 cheese seemed rare so it's just a matter of managing your resources properly and not really an issue in my opinion, also you can rest in the graveyard, you just need to bring a companion that reduces environmental danger and mine does give you lots of mutant meat to eat but both quests should be doable without that much resting.

As I've said, individually, dealing with any of the micromanagement stats would have been fine, it's when they're all combined and overtuned that there's a problem. A bunch of tiny things adding up to a major thing. Dev could probably cut the cost of all stamina actions in half and I'm not sure that'd still be enough, but it'd be a start. The stamina/sleep system is the major hitch that makes all the other stuff much much worse.
Doubling the amount of stamina you get(and how long a day takes) I do agree with assuming it's paired with something like doubling the cost of all purchases to account for how much easier making money would become.
30 seconds of combat means needing a full rest to recover, walking halfway across the city needs a rest. You never want to go into combat without full stamina because it reduces that 30 seconds of combat and makes entering the map almost pointless, so more resting. I've never played a game where I had to sleep at least 5 times just to get through the first little tutorial dungeon.
You should always carry some stamina potions or herbs with you in case you need them. Also your companions can do a lot even if you have barely any stamina.
For clarity again, my perception of the game comes from somebody who hasn't amassed stats or wealth from sex work, it's all just trying to do combat/survival type stuff.
Me too have so far I've done a combat build who is still a virgin and now started over doing a timid wis based character.

Reactions: Yukihirou

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
@soromoko

5) In a certain quest where you're ordered to kidnap an orkin baby, deal with all/the majority of the orkins before attempting to do so. Should be possible if you lure an orkin to the quest npc (they can use magic from a distance, but be sure not to be in the way or you'll get hit too) while you whale on them, or engage them 1 by 1 while being in good health. Pick up the baby with enter afterwards.
Uh oh I killed everything that moved that I can other then the big one which is very hard to kill, that one even dared to go to sleep on me while I am slashing at him with my sword.

Also how does one escape from being a slave as in breaking the chains that bind the main character ? It stated that it needed either 100 physical strength or if you use tool in the option it needed 75 physical strength and 15 basic skills, now my question is that, what are those ?

Yeah I want to know how to break the chain other then load.

Paladox

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I think Lona might need to be really desperate before she could sell herself at the port (maybe starving, no food in inventory, no cash, and maybe even prostitute trait?), but I haven't tested my theory so YMMV.

For the stamina issue, I would be content if points applied to constitution would increase stamina by double the amount it does now. Or maybe some more traits?

Energetic: +50 Stamina
Requires 10 Constitution

Full of Pep: +100 Stamina
Requires 25 Constitution

Don't Stop Me Now!: +200 Stamina
Requires 40 Constitution

Some other trait ideas~

Big Stomach: +100 Max Food
Requires 5 Survival and 10 Constitution

Slow Digestion: Sleeping only uses 15 food, instead of 30
Requires 15 Survival

Begger: Can ask for food (once per NPC, and more weakness = higher chance and better food items)
Requires 1 Survival
Not compatible with Tough
-- Asking for food too much will put "Bum" stacks on you. These fade over time but will temporarily lower morality and increase weakness. So in effect you'll be better at bumming for food but also guards will hate you.
When combined with prostitution some clients may bring you back to their place and give you a free meal after sex.

Vermin Queen: Rats and insects will spawn more often in every map you visit, are slower, and you catch them easier.
Requires 5 Survival

Prefer Vaginal: Lona's pussy will always be any sex partner's hole of choice.
Requires 1 Survival and 1 Constitution
Not compatible with Timid or Prefer Anal

Prefer Anal: Lona's ass will always be any sex partner's hole of choice.
Not compatible with Timid or Prefer Vaginal

Afterglow: Double sexiness from bukkake, cream pies, etc..
Also, when guys cum on/in you it strangely removes dirt, and no longer makes you dirty!
Requires Prostitute and Exhibitionist, and Lona exp level 15
Not compatible with Timid

Mind over Matter: Can't be stunned or interrupted when making any charged/ranged attack.
You're also immune to your own attacks, whenever AoE is applicable.
Requires 10 Constitution, 20 Wisdom, and Lona exp level 40

Archmage: Your primary magic attacks fire in all 4 directions.
Requires 30 Wisdom, and Lona exp level 40

Not the face!: Enemies are more likely to grab Lona for sex, and less likely to hit her.
(no bruises / body damage is ever taken when enemies grab at Lona, and they only strike if she has a weapon)
(may still get bruises from rough sex, but the chance and severity of the bruises is half)
Requires 5 Survival

somoroko

Apr 4, 2020
@soromoko

Uh oh I killed everything that moved that I can other then the big one which is very hard to kill, that one even dared to go to sleep on me while I am slashing at him with my sword.

Also how does one escape from being a slave as in breaking the chains that bind the main character ? It stated that it needed either 100 physical strength or if you use tool in the option it needed 75 physical strength and 15 basic skills, now my question is that, what are those ?

Yeah I want to know how to break the chain other then load.
You might either need to kill the big one to satisfy the quest requirement (I assume it's an ogre you're fighting if it's giant and fat, which is VERY tanky, or a hobgoblin which is tall and less tanky, but still annoying), or restart from a point before you entered the forest with the quest npc. If it's hard for you to kill, try luring the orkin to the quest npc so that the npc aggros the tough orkin you're fighting, then help kite the orkin around the npc in an open space while he's trying to cast artillery magic at the orkin. The spell the npc casts has a 3x3 range, so be careful not to get hit by friendly fire too much since it can also stun. The npc can't cast the spell if the orkin is too close to him.

If you're thinking of 1 vs 1 battle against it, the only few things I can think of is getting a better weapon than the club (preferably a short sword or spear, spears seem to do more damage when there is one space between you and your opponent), press ctrl to enter stealth mode, and sneak directly behind it before stabbing it once to stun it and letting loose on it before walking away off screen to try and deaggro it. Rinse and repeat. If you have a magic staff (which costs 8000), you could try dealing with it from a distance as long as you have enough stam and stam pots (costs 500). Magic seems to do reasonable damage even if a foe is heavily armored. If you have the trap skill, you can prepare some rock traps (takes 1-3 stam) on the ground and luring the orkin onto them (either with your throw skill or by attracting its attention) for 10-20 damage each. Might be tricky.

If you're truly desperate to kill it, visit the Noer regular market next to the port at night, and look for the npc that sells bombs for 500 each. Set the bombs onto the ground with the Ex Item skill after equipping the bombs, lure the orkin next to it, then strike the bomb with a rock or spear. It'll do 80 damage, and hopefully not hurt you in the process lol. I'd imagine it would be really tedious though.

Alternatively....try hiring not-goblin slayer from the inn on the 3rd floor for one bowl of soup (probably the 350 one) and bring him with you. Not sure if he'll follow you into the quest though, and it's pretty likely that he'll fight everything he sees....including the orkin baby.

===

Now as for the slave thing, I'm just going to assume that you've escaped your captors but still have chains on. If that's the case, visit the building to the left of the barrel inn. This building is the advanced weapon store owned by a fishman, and he has an option to break chains. Not sure how much it costs though! As for removing a slave brand, visit the doctor for treatment.

If you haven't escaped your captors and still have chains on, well.......it'll be extremely difficult to break them with low stats AND stam. I'm going to assume that by physical strength, you mean stamina. So, the 15 basic skill would most likely be the strength stat in the trait page I believe. Don't take my word for it for this part though, since I've never tried to break out of chains through brute force. Assuming you're still in captivity and got chains on though, I can only recommend saving up stamina strength and repeatedly forcing the chains free/cell door free before attempting to sneak out (use ctrl!)

Reactions: agriasoaks

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
I think Lona might need to be really desperate before she could sell herself at the port (maybe starving, no food in inventory, no cash, and maybe even prostitute trait?), but I haven't tested my theory so YMMV.

For the stamina issue, I would be content if points applied to constitution would increase stamina by double the amount it does now. Or maybe some more traits?

Requires 10 Constitution

Requires 25 Constitution

Requires 40 Constitution

Some other trait ideas~

Requires 15 Survival

Begger: Can ask for food (once per NPC, and more weakness = higher chance and better food items)
Requires 1 Survival
-- Asking for food too much will put "Bum" stacks on you. These fade over time but will temporarily lower morality and increase weakness. So in effect you'll be better at bumming for food but also guards will hate you.
When combined with prostitution some clients may bring you back to their place and give you a free meal after sex.

Vermin Queen: Rats and insects will spawn more often in every map you visit, are slower, and you catch them easier.
Requires 5 Survival

Also, when guys cum on/in you it strangely removes dirt, and no longer makes you dirty!

Mind over Matter: Can't be stunned or interrupted when making any charged/ranged attack.

Not the face!: Enemies are more likely to grab Lona for sex, and less likely to hit her.
(no bruises / body damage is ever taken when enemies grab at Lona, and they only strike if she has a weapon)
(may still get bruises from rough sex, but the chance and severity of the bruises is half)
Requires 5 Survival
Nope didn't work. Maybe that feature isn't implemented yet

Deleted member #2204703

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020

some change between nap and regen stats
may give players more option, may decrease hate on STA system.

BasicNap/item_name
Rest

BasicNap/description
\}\n
\C[2]Sleep and recover Stamina.\n
\C[1]Costs Food.\n
\C[6]Unusable during combat.\n
\C[6]Unusable at some specific locations.\n
\n
\C[0]Relax\n
\C[4]Stay awake and relax by holding Shift or R2.\n
(Relax can be used anytime/anywhere.)\n
This will increase Health and Stamina while it\n
decreases Food. Has no effect when Food is <10.\n

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017

Requires 10 Constitution

Requires 25 Constitution

Requires 40 Constitution

Some other trait ideas~

Requires 15 Survival

Requires 1 Survival

Requires 5 Survival

Requires 5 Survival
Out of curiosity, how many of your characters have reached level 40? Or even 30? Those levels seem so far out there based on my own characters that seem to hit experience walls shortly after 20.

some change between nap and regen stats
may give players more option, may decrease hate on STA system.

BasicNap/item_name
Rest

BasicNap/description
\}\n
\C[2]Sleep and recover Stamina.\n
\C[1]Costs Food.\n
\C[6]Unusable during combat.\n
\C[6]Unusable at some specific locations.\n
\n
\C[0]Relax\n
\C[4]Stay awake and relax by holding Shift or R2.\n
(Relax can be used anytime/anywhere.)\n
This will increase Health and Stamina while it\n
decreases Food. Has no effect when Food is <10.\n
We can now trade 10 food for 20 stamina? Sounds great!

murderinc

Sep 27, 2017
The worldbuilding is pretty solid in this one, which is great.
The world seems to be plagued by three great evils : rape goblins orcs, deep ones fish people and SCP-610.

Lona is a refugee from a place called Sybaris, which is utterly fucked. Since Lona didn't know anything about the deep ones infestation in the east and that she wanted to get a ship out of there, we can assume that Sybaris is located to the north/north-east of Noer. If that's true, then Sybaris probably fell due to either war or SCP-610. Possibly both.

SCP-610 grows in bloody and filthy environments, which means that the orcs are fucked on the long-term. Good riddance.
The fish people are weird because there seems to be two variants : the monstrous ones found in the swamps and the civilized ones found doing business in Noer. Why is that? We'll never know.

Out of curiosity, how many of your characters have reached level 40? Or even 30? Those levels seem so far out there based on my own characters that seem to hit experience walls shortly after 20.
I used cheats, and discovered that the max level is 99.
Maximum stats are also 99. At 99 endurance your carry weight is at 650.0, which allows you to easily carry 75+ frag mines to finish the artillery mission or exterminate the SCP-610 nest. Also at 99 endurance you can kill people instantly by fucking them via "Juicing".

Reactions: James Eveleth

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
The world and setting makes Darkest Dungeon look cheerful by comparison, but this game is so fucking good. Will be watching development intently.

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
Sorry yeah, trait, that's what I meant.

I'm not sure then, that was all it took it for me to get the option to appear in the dialogue menu.

Deleted member #2204703

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Not the face! > its on skill list, whats the name? surrender?, u stun urself, and stun will rise weak and sexy.
Slow Digestion >> Weak personality is with this effect
begger and Big Stomach is worth to think about. but it wount take that much effect.
otherwise isnt fit.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes