dragonlord217

Feb 4, 2018
How are you supposed to make use of the fire staff? The damage is great, but the aoe hurts my allies too. It's hard to go solo too because then you have no protection while channeling the fireball.
I’ve actually cleared out the ruined convoy quest with the fire staff. The trick is to realize that you don’t need to land direct hits to kill because of how absurd the damage is (seriously if the bow is a railgun then fire staff is the BFG9000). If you’re getting run down, sprint in the opposite direction and lob those quick aimable fireballs, since they stun in a 3x3 square.

somoroko

Apr 4, 2020
My Lona got kidnapped by ambushers in the city (how do you deal with those shits seriously) and now she's in chains in a cell. I try to destroy the door's lock and it tells me "Seems broken. But oh so tired." I don't get it. Does that mean Lona destroyed the lock? How do exit the cell then? I get that message regardless of whether I use 10 or 80 stamina.
Nope, you’ve weakened the lock but you gotta keep trying till it breaks. It’ll be difficult to escape even when you escape the cell though.

For the ambushers in the city, approach then quickly run to the nearest exit.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
I’ve actually cleared out the ruined convoy quest with the fire staff. The trick is to realize that you don’t need to land direct hits to kill because of how absurd the damage is (seriously if the bow is a railgun then fire staff is the BFG9000). If you’re getting run down, sprint in the opposite direction and lob those quick aimable fireballs, since they stun in a 3x3 square.
Don't you need to land them on something to get that 3x3 effect though? Afaik you can target fire book spells, but not fire staff attacks.

Nope, you’ve weakened the lock but you gotta keep trying till it breaks. It’ll be difficult to escape even when you escape the cell though.

For the ambushers in the city, approach then quickly run to the nearest exit.
Yeah I know approaching them is the only reliable way, it's just problematic in the city where the exits paths are easily blocked by bandits. It's much easier outside where you just have to run to the edge of the map.

somoroko

Apr 4, 2020
In my opinion, magic isn't really viable at the moment.

The fire staff should be thought of as a one directional pre-emptive sniping weapon for 1 vs 1 combat that’s best used in corridors or tight spaces where your enemies can’t run away so easily. It’s also useful against stationary enemies that hit really hard, or wear a lot of armor. Additionally, one of the special attributes of the staff is the ability to fire over certain obstacles (some walls, boxes, etc) which makes it great to use during the cecily rescue mission. You can pretty much attract enemies to the blast area and then shoot away. Lastly, it’s a decent trap buster, and it illuminates the spaces ahead of you when you fire which is great for countering enemies waiting for you in the dark.

It’s not recommended to use in close range combat, the water spell book is recommended instead for the short range aoe attack against critters that are surrounding and swarming you since it also bypasses armor and shields.

somoroko

Apr 4, 2020
Don't you need to land them on something to get that 3x3 effect though? Afaik you can target fire book spells, but not fire staff attacks.

Yeah I know approaching them is the only reliable way, it's just problematic in the city where the exits paths are easily blocked by bandits. It's much easier outside where you just have to run to the edge of the map.
If you have enough wisdom, you can talk your way out of the mess and go through peacefully. Probably 15-20.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah for the fire staff, you should have it on your quickbar as an opener basically and be prepared to quickly swap back to the frost staff. It can be used occasionally, it's just too unreliable as a main weapon. The frost offhand was pretty much always better than the fire offhand in my experience. So you don't need to worry about swapping that. I never enjoyed using the fire offhand. If an enemy is threatening you, better to have an instant "Oh fuck" button from the frost offhand aoe than have to target specific tiles with a cast time that can be much more easily interrupted.

The real threat as a mage are the enemies that can jump around you (Wolfs, fish people, bats, etc), and the fire offhand and basically any attack but the frost aoe becomes unreliable or unusable against those enemies. Frost offhand is basically a requirement as a mage (As is all points in wisdom so the frost aoe actually does damage).

Last edited:

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
If you could hold the water spellbook and shield at the same time you would even have a valid mage build. Too bad they are both designated off-hand.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
Can you recover your ID after getting captured and escaping? I would assume no and that getting a new fake one is the only option.

dragonlord217

Feb 4, 2018
Not in my experience, although I’ve never used the fire staff without the fire book and vice-versa. Both the aimable fireball and the nuclear 500 dmg channeled fireball had splash damage when they reached their impact point (the nuclear one goes for a fixed length unless it hits something). It was particularly useful for killing around corners.

Last edited:

zonesamabaka

Feb 5, 2018
i had been playing many adult RPG games before. This game has unique feature and rich content and can be easily extended, the random interaction will give you some surprise which i love it.

i know this game is very hard, That is why me personally want stats balancing which you can do by pressing F10
insert :
$game_player.actor.trait_point+=99999999999999999

and remember despite you already put cheat on it. The game actually still fun and challenging for casual Hentai-rpg gamer !
you can also abuse save file system if you make bad decision when playing the game.
thank you so much

Reactions: Zalukaj

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
i had been playing many adult RPG games before. This game has unique feature and rich content and can be easily extended, the random interaction will give you some surprise which i love it.

i know this game is very hard, That is why me personally want stats balancing which you can do by pressing F10
insert :
$game_player.actor.trait_point+=99999999999999999

and remember despite you already put cheat on it. The game actually still fun and challenging for casual Hentai-rpg gamer !
you can also abuse save file system if you make bad decision when playing the game.
Yeah, even if you cheat and get max stats, the normal difficulty of the game is still challenging. Same thing with Underrail

May 20, 2017
It's probably been mentioned before but I feel like prostitution in the inner city should give much much more money than it currently does. It looks like those rich folk are literally throwing money away with what they do so it doesn't make much sense when they pay about the same amount of money as a sailor in the dock... Also now there's like no point of buying the prostitute attire because it's just not worth it.

Reactions: Black Onix

eth4e6j3

Sep 4, 2019
there is a wolf scene if you got caught by the northern bandits, once you are caught you need to talk to the dovahkiin he has a green quest mark on him

P.S: anyone else found the monty python reference?
The game crashed when I get taken to their camp.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes