Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Dylan, we meet each other in many threads, believe me, the game in question is very good with quite memorable characters and a nice story. The end, as you may be aware, is something you will never forget. Is it nice? No. But it is unforgettable.
I consider it a ritual of passage into a mature appreciation of AVN's. LoF is excruciatingly painful, and should NOT be played if you are in a sensitive stage in your life. AL, should be played when you are in a strong stage in your life. Both are important and unforgettable.

Pay attention, your stage in life is what will determine how you'll be affected.

Peace :)
True, and yes I completely agree with you both LoF and AL are games that I'm not ready to play as of right now, I need games that can relax me nothing more nothing less, I really couldn't afford anything else.
I stopped looking the NCIS and CSI series, and they are pretty tame in comparison imho, just to give you an idea of my state of mind so....
Thank you so much for you words of advice and for your kindness, I'm very happy to be part of this community because you're all helping me tremendously in this moment of my life, and this has no price for me it's amazing both for my heart and my mind. :)

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
Dylan, we meet each other in many threads, believe me, the game in question is very good with quite memorable characters and a nice story. The end, as you may be aware, is something you will never forget. Is it nice? No. But it is unforgettable.
I consider it a ritual of passage into a mature appreciation of AVN's. LoF is excruciatingly painful, and should NOT be played if you are in a sensitive stage in your life. AL, should be played when you are in a strong stage in your life. Both are important and unforgettable.

Pay attention, your stage in life is what will determine how you'll be affected.

I would heavily disagree with the notion that Acting Lessons would be "important" to everyone who's mentally stable enough to handle it. I'm not here to lambast anyone's opinion on a game, that's not my point, but similarly it's certainly not objectively great for everyone that isn't sensitive. You find it important to you, that's great. I find it a colossal waste of time that engages in the worst form of schock-baiting, with all the equivalent finesse that jump scares have in horror stories.

The only reason I'm saying this is because no one should feel like that's a title that they have to try, or that they just weren't mentally prepared for it if the "twist" was something they didn't enjoy. If anything, stories with cheap "twists" like that are more universally despised than they are praised, no matter the media. So it's much more accurate to consider it a niche interest than something for everyone.

I know nothing about LoF but if it's anything like AL then I know to stay away.

Again, not here to rain on anyone's parade. But it's an injustice to those who haven't played it to make them think AL is anything like a must-try.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
True, and yes I completely agree with you both LoF and AL are games that I'm not ready to play as of right now, I need games that can relax me nothing more nothing less, I really couldn't afford anything else.
I stopped looking the NCIS and CSI series, and they are pretty tame in comparison imho, just to give you an idea of my state of mind so....
Thank you so much for you words of advice and for your kindness, I'm very happy to be part of this community because you're all helping me tremendously in this moment of my life, and this has no price for me it's amazing both for my heart and my mind. :)
We got you, man! I guess I hadn't realized you haven't been around as much until all this talk of mental stress. I hope you are doing better and I'm glad to see you here. DM me any time you need to unload, dude. I promise I'll read it and respond. Sometimes it helps to be able to just rant, ya know? Jus' Sayin':cool:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
We got you, man! I guess I hadn't realized you haven't been around as much until all this talk of mental stress. I hope you are doing better and I'm glad to see you here. DM me any time you need to unload, dude. I promise I'll read it and respond. Sometimes it helps to be able to just rant, ya know? Jus' Sayin':cool:
Thanks mate for everything you said, yeah it has been ( and still is) a very shitty period for me, so it's a great help to be here again talking with all of you. :) (y)

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
I would heavily disagree with the notion that Acting Lessons would be "important" to everyone who's mentally stable enough to handle it. I'm not here to lambast anyone's opinion on a game, that's not my point, but similarly it's certainly not objectively great for everyone that isn't sensitive. You find it important to you, that's great. I find it a colossal waste of time that engages in the worst form of schock-baiting, with all the equivalent finesse that jump scares have in horror stories.

The only reason I'm saying this is because no one should feel like that's a title that they have to try, or that they just weren't mentally prepared for it if the "twist" was something they didn't enjoy. If anything, stories with cheap "twists" like that are more universally despised than they are praised, no matter the media. So it's much more accurate to consider it a niche interest than something for everyone.

I know nothing about LoF but if it's anything like AL then I know to stay away.

Again, not here to rain on anyone's parade. But it's an injustice to those who haven't played it to make them think AL is anything like a must-try.
I consider them important, not only for the game themselves, but for the impact they have on the whole AVN world. A bit like how important it is to read several books, whose importance transcend the book itself, since they are transformative and influential.

In regards to LoF, no, it isn't anything like AL. I will not spoil it, but it suffices to say that it isn't a shocking ending.

Mate, I know what that is. Breathe. I've been living with that since I was 7, I am 60. Much care mate.

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
I personally, having played both, think Acting Lessons is of much less value. It resorts to cheap shots and feels way more linear. LoF I think is overall a beneficial experience, but it touches on very real dark topics, attempts to emotionally damage you (just in less of a sucker punch way), and you definitely want to "have your head right" before going into it.

I debated reaching out to you when I saw you relay your current situation in another thread, but we've never personally spoken before, so I felt it would be weird. I lost my mom in June, so I wouldn't say I "know what you're going through", because we're different people, but I can empathize. I've been doing a lot of reflecting, bouncing between despondence and extreme clarity with a desire for self improvement. I've decided to focus on the latter, and if you're feeling the same way I'd also recommend that. Has to be better than the alternative, right? You're always welcome to slide into my DMs if you want to vent, my dude.

More on topic: I'm looking forward to seeing how this all gets tied up. Obviously we have a general idea of the outcome, but the specifics of the journey are TBD.

Reactions: MrJay and Dylan741

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
AL was an ok game untill the Dev decided it needed an extra dark drama kick to it.
And then royally shot themselves in the foot with the Idea they came up with to add that drama.
Another case of a sevier Brainfart and one that created a major backlash from his players.
when I played it I wasn't as invested as many to me it just seemed a stupid idea to do to their own game.
and Ludicrously executed idea for the plot twist.

Not sure what game it was but there was one game that took the p i ss out of AL.
By pointing out the stupidity of logic behind the plot used or lack there of.

And we seem to have gone off topic .
But thats Just my opinion.

Reactions: MrJay

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
When did Nikki take over as number 2 girl from Rachael? That hot red-head was off our screens for far too long, especially when more character bloat is being introduced. Nothing against Sluggo's kid, but come on! Too many girls are getting abandoned along the way. (Nikki is great, she's easily a top five contender, but Rachael, Willow, and Kat got heavily ignored for awhile there. Plus, some of the others, especially at the Fox Box, are also virtually ignored even though they see MC all the time)

This smells like Patreon vote shenanigans (same with the surprise watersports and then adding WS choices in).

Reactions: Renfield42069

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
Long Road Home [v10.1 Part 3]
Video enhancement mod

This mod overwrites the native 30fps animations of the game with interpolated 60fps animations.

how ? Thanks to deep-learning processes, trained predictive models can interpolate one "fake" frames next to each native frame.

The result gives a smooth effect on each animations.

Here is an example of what you can expect ( ) :

Download links (616 animations) : ;

I didn't inspect each animation in depth , so feel free to report any flaws you find (bugs, video artifacts...)

I also recommand using in tandem the Denoiser Mod from SomeGuyWithNoImagination as this mod applies a usefull denoising filter to all animations.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can choose the next game on list

Last edited:

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I am curious, do we ever find out what the Rogues make their money doing? The strip club seems to be one of their 'clean' businesses, bought/supported with the 1% earnings, but while we get a peek behind the Minions different businesses, I can't recall any Rogue business discussed. Well, reactive business, like protecting Candi, or finding thieves, but are they running protection rackets? They don't seem to be into prostitution, but they could be off screen. Obvious answer would be drugs, either making, selling, and/or smuggling, but we don't see any of that either. Pretty straight edge crew, except when they talk about the old days.

I get that they aren't going to reveal their whole organisation to a prospect (even if they'll commit murder with him, and dump bodies), but the MC is supposed to be a savvy guy (yeah, he knew the ring discovery was hinky, pointed out it only 'proved' Quack was there at some point, but didn't push it because he got something else was going on and he didn't need to know what it was) and he never gets a hint of what he'll get mixed up in later? Seems like poor intelligence gathering, but he also might not care, though that doesn't ring true to me.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
I am curious, do we ever find out what the Rogues make their money doing? The strip club seems to be one of their 'clean' businesses, bought/supported with the 1% earnings, but while we get a peek behind the Minions different businesses, I can't recall any Rogue business discussed. Well, reactive business, like protecting Candi, or finding thieves, but are they running protection rackets? They don't seem to be into prostitution, but they could be off screen. Obvious answer would be drugs, either making, selling, and/or smuggling, but we don't see any of that either. Pretty straight edge crew, except when they talk about the old days.

I get that they aren't going to reveal their whole organisation to a prospect (even if they'll commit murder with him, and dump bodies), but the MC is supposed to be a savvy guy (yeah, he knew the ring discovery was hinky, pointed out it only 'proved' Quack was there at some point, but didn't push it because he got something else was going on and he didn't need to know what it was) and he never gets a hint of what he'll get mixed up in later? Seems like poor intelligence gathering, but he also might not care, though that doesn't ring true to me.
well if remember correctly thats probably a season 2 thing
next update should wrap up some plot points around the turf war between the biker clubs
after that we could see more off the stuff behind the scenes stuff you mentioned

on the finding the ring , the mc probably suspects foul play but is ether unsure,doesn't care or doesn't intend to stir the pot being a prospect
the mc himself claims not to be that savvy though its possible he didn't see the larger plot

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
next update should wrap up some plot points around the turf war between the biker clubs
after that we could see more off the stuff behind the scenes stuff you mentioned

on the finding the ring , the mc probably suspects foul play but is ether unsure,doesn't care or doesn't intend to stir the pot being a prospect
the mc himself claims not to be that savvy though its possible he didn't see the larger plot
Yeah, the ring plot seemed like MC chose willful ignorance. If no one questions him about it before it happens he has plausible deniability. Still a bit shitty they roped Jessy into it, she may not be an innocent in the bedroom, but she is a bit precious about some of the worlds evils.

And I hope so, just a little weird we don't have any foreshadowing of what nature the club business will turn out to be in season 2. Though if I had to guess at this point, um, assassinations? Sluggo's handy with a knife, Gunner knows bikes (so chop shop could be on the table, but that seemed like a side thing, not the thing), Finn...is there. The Fox Box doesn't seem like a feeder club for a cat-house. I don't actually think it'll turn out to be that, but the lack of evidence is a bit weird (though maybe on purpose).

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Nikki pales in comparison to Jessy and Rachel, lmao even that kitten aka Angel has more votes than her :LOL:
Agreed, but also Nikki kind of stole Rachel's spot the last couple updates (it was weird), so Nikki deserves a time out.

I do hope that Rai maybe doesn't become an old lady, but instead marries MC and becomes the 'clean' wife to the outside world.

One thing I haven't seen discussed (there's a lot of pages), when Quack shot that round off in Kat's shop, I do hope the clean up found the bullet and repaired the wall(? I assume since glass didn't break). Also, poor MC's ears, that's another big tick on the approaching tinnitus tally.

Reactions: Dimitri57

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Yeah, the ring plot seemed like MC chose willful ignorance. If no one questions him about it before it happens he has plausible deniability. Still a bit shitty they roped Jessy into it, she may not be an innocent in the bedroom, but she is a bit precious about some of the worlds evils.

And I hope so, just a little weird we don't have any foreshadowing of what nature the club business will turn out to be in season 2. Though if I had to guess at this point, um, assassinations? Sluggo's handy with a knife, Gunner knows bikes (so chop shop could be on the table, but that seemed like a side thing, not the thing), Finn...is there. The Fox Box doesn't seem like a feeder club for a cat-house. I don't actually think it'll turn out to be that, but the lack of evidence is a bit weird (though maybe on purpose).
well i believe some kinda smuggling is most likely its said ED(kat's deceased old man) died while being on a solo run
but some kind off chop shop came to my mind to that and a protection fee's(probably not a racket as they pose themselves more honorable then others)

also i remember a clubhouse being mentioned which we haven't seen yet most likely a season 2 thing as well
kinda curious on Dimitri57 his dev plans for after v10.3 to do the rework for earlier parts he mentioned or to hop into the 2nd part as a main focus

Not an expert, but I think I've seen a mod comment in another thread that Devs can claim ownership of a thread by going through the ticket process.
+1 i've seen the same or comment just like it myself

Reactions: Hungover00

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Jess is quite a bit kinky so I don't see a problem with some light BDSM... plus Angelica's character improved a lot since her introduction as well
Both Jess and Angelica seem to have the potential to be full switches. I can see who is wearing the dom pants changing fairly regularly between them.

Reactions: Dimitri57

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

I'm sure our Ryker has his suspicions but he's also smart enough to keep his mouth shut. Stan and Dee play for blood and for keeps. There was already a chance for them to kill MC depending on the player choices made... He's also smart enough to see the reason they set it up, that it's all for Angelica's benefit to assure her compliance with the Rogue agenda. Angelica already hates her mother on her own but having her think that Barb had Quack kill Sissy for loving a Rogue makes her a Rogue loyalist, one of the family. Stan and Dee are essentially reinforcing the most likely scenario as to what actually happened. MC is also smart enough to realize that the fewer people Stan and Dee tell, the more secure that secret remains...

When I first played the ending where Stan and Dee come clean with "the audience" and let us in on their plan, I was pissed! But, I thought about it and finally came to the realization that if I were put in the same situation, I would likely do the same damned thing! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: I can't judge someone for doing something I would do myself... not one to judge folks anyway...

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: ohhiimfox

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I'm sure our Ryker has his suspicions but he's also smart enough to keep his mouth shut. Stan and Dee play for blood and for keeps. There was already a chance for them to kill MC depending on the player choices made... He's also smart enough to see the reason they set it up, that it's all for Angelica's benefit to assure her compliance with the Rogue agenda. Angelica already hates her mother on her own but having her think that Barb had Quack kill Sissy for loving a Rogue makes her a Rogue loyalist, one of the family. MC is also smart enough to realize that the fewer people Stan and Barb tell, the more secure that secret remains...

When I first played the ending where Stan and Dee come clean with "the audience" and let us in on their plan, I was pissed! But, I thought about it and finally came to the realization that if I were put in the same situation, I would likely do the same damned thing! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: I can't judge someone for doing something I would do myself... not one to judge folks anyway...

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)
I was a bit surprised the Dev decided to reveal that to the audience at that point. I fully expected to come to the forum to argue the case that this was a Stan and Dee plot against the few hold-outs that didn't pick up on it, but then saw that was neatly avoided.

And agreed, MC was a grunt for long enough to know when to keep his head down and stay out of it. Stan and Dee can fight that fight with Angelica without him, he can be there for aftercare without jumping in to agree with the subterfuge(while quietly partially agreeing with it). I am a bit surprised if he doesn't get pissed that they let Jessy get pulled into it. She's only a prospect Old Lady, but getting played/betrayed by Mama Dee and Papa Stan is going to hurt, especially when she was made complicit in playing Angelica.

Reactions: Maviarab
4.50 star(s) 120 Votes