• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fan Art Long Story Short: Fan Art

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
What's the ratio split? 50-50 body? And are your above posts describing one for the mesh and one for the texture?
I think everyone can make a body which one do you like.
Skin: + ,but I don't like how the skin looks so i added to it
Hair:
Face: 2023-09-07_131541.png 2023-09-07_131554.png

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I did some experimenting and to me it looks like 100% Kool Annabelle HD with no Teen Josie 8. Her skin texture is Charlotte 8. Without Teen Josie 8 I don't think you really need the lip morphs or the older face morph. You can add the Charlotte 8 HD Details and at render SubD set to 4 or higher she looks closer to the VN. Of course you need to add glute and breast morphs.

Emily_Test_IRay_Altern8_1-Click.png
Right to left, IRay, Altern8, 1-Click PBRSkin. As described in the first paragraph, no Teen Josie 8 but added the HD details from Charlotte 8, which gives her most notably more detail in the fingers and lips. All the shaders are using the default settings. I could not get Altern8 to affect the genitalia and it takes a lot of work to get 1-Click to work if you use NGV8 or Golden Palace, but this was just a quick and dirty test.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
I did some experimenting and to me it looks like 100% Kool Annabelle HD with no Teen Josie 8. Her skin texture is Charlotte 8. Without Teen Josie 8 I don't think you really need the lip morphs or the older face morph. You can add the Charlotte 8 HD Details and at render SubD set to 4 or higher she looks closer to the VN. Of course you need to add glute and breast morphs.

View attachment 2911195
Right to left, IRay, Altern8, 1-Click PBRSkin. As described in the first paragraph, no Teen Josie 8 but added the HD details from Charlotte 8, which gives her most notably more detail in the fingers and lips. All the shaders are using the default settings. I could not get Altern8 to affect the genitalia and it takes a lot of work to get 1-Click to work if you use NGV8 or Golden Palace, but this was just a quick and dirty test.
You can download the Anna duf file from the dev and make sure that he use three types of faces to create her, i doubt that everything is so simple with Emily.

• Haha
Reactions: Isabella69

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Anna is a main character, and likely had more effort in making her visuals. Regardless, we have asked TTrick multiple times to allow us to do some fan art of Emily and he has ignored all those requests.

And if you spent any amount of time here there are always more than one way to achieve a certain look, a lot of devs spend way to much time and spin too many dials when just one or two morphs could have accomplished the same thing. You do Emily the way you want and I wont say anything negative, but don't presume to tell me how to recreate my version of Emily. I never told you you were doing it wrong, just provided my alternative.

• Haha
Reactions: ItsNotUs

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Anna is a main character, and likely had more effort in making her visuals. Regardless, we have asked TTrick multiple times to allow us to do some fan art of Emily and he has ignored all those requests.

And if you spent any amount of time here there are always more than one way to achieve a certain look, a lot of devs spend way to much time and spin too many dials when just one or two morphs could have accomplished the same thing. You do Emily the way you want and I wont say anything negative, but don't presume to tell me how to recreate my version of Emily. I never told you you were doing it wrong, just provided my alternative.
Not my field at all there, but I'm asking out of curiosity: Doesn't morphing distort (or even lowers) the texture and potentially leads to artifacts with clothes later on?

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023

Where do i stop you from doing your version of Emily? I just said that everything can not be so simple, and even more so, I pointed out on Annabelle!
And look at this
2023-09-07_221240.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Isabella69

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Not my field at all there, but I'm asking out of curiosity: Doesn't morphing distort (or even lowers) the texture and potentially leads to artifacts with clothes later on?
No, conforming clothing follows the morphs. Some extreme morphs do test the limits of some clothing, but for the most part clothes fit the morphed model as well as they do the original model. A morph does not add geometry to a model, it just manipluates the triangles that are already there. Morph is also different than geograft. Geografts are thinks like genitalia, fibermesh eyebrows, etc. which actually add addition triangular mesh structures to the base mode. They aren't actually part of the base model, they are kind of like bolt on accessories to the base model. Unless specifically written for those geographs, morphs only work on the base model.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
No, conforming clothing follows the morphs. Some extreme morphs do test the limits of some clothing, but for the most part clothes fit the morphed model as well as they do the original model. A morph does not add geometry to a model, it just manipluates the triangles that are already there. Morph is also different than geograft. Geografts are thinks like genitalia, fibermesh eyebrows, etc. which actually add addition triangular mesh structures to the base mode. They aren't actually part of the base model. Unless specifically written for those geographs, morphs only work on the base model.
Thank you for your reply :)

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
One last thing, it is typical for some very sharp features to 'poke through' clothing, like fully erect nipples. You can try to use collision and smoothing iterations to try to fix those, but a morph package like make this infinitely easier. There are Windows and MacOS specific versions of Mesh Grabber.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
To answer your question, yes. Absolutely yes. Morphs, poses, anything that modifies the underlying model in any way will create distortions in the textures. Basically every point on a piece of conforming clothing is "linked" to an exact spot on the underlying figure it conforms to. If you take part of that figure and move it, resize it, reshape it... the clothing will undergo a similar reshaping. Textures are mapped to the clothing item in its original shape. So as the clothing moves, resizes, and reshapes with the underlying figure the texture will also move, resize, and reshape. Here is a rather extreme example.

texture no morph.jpg body with no morph, dforce used
texture morph.jpg body with morph, dforce used after conforming
texture morph non-conforming.jpg body with same morph, dforce used before/skipping the conforming

Depending on what you are doing, that stretching and deforming may be exactly what you need/want. And certainly the above is a rather extreme morph. Many morphs are much smaller or aren't moving in different directions and the distortions they create may be minor enough that it isn't worth the effort of addressing them. (not to mention if the "decal" were removed and it was just a white shirt, the distortion would be a lot less noticeable even on the above)

Edited add-on: I will add that one could argue whether it is the clothing object itself being distorted versus the texture. Both are true enough from different points of view. The point being, you have an object (the clothing). You then "morph" it, which moves the individual vertices that make up that object around. Your original item has a "quad" as part of its surface which happens to make up an exact square (the black and white square in the image below). Something changes this surface (conforming to a connected figure that gets a morph, morphing the object itself, any change). The 4 vertices are moved along the red lines such that they end up in their new positions. The texture map is was created based on that original square shape. Applying that same texture to the new shape, well white lines will still be drawn directly from one vertex to the next and the center of this quad will be filled in black. But the resulting appearance is no longer that of a square.
morph.jpg

Or if you prefer
before: morph pre.jpg -> after: morph post.jpg

Last edited:

master861

Nov 4, 2022
data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/chungdan/chungdan morph/thigh bend both+ stephanie.dsf
this leads to this site
And the second seem to be in one of the chars from Emrys but not sure wich one jet