Fan Art Long Story Short: Fan Art

BlackClaws

Aug 29, 2017
Not bad, like the expression and pose, but I'd turn on the denoiser.

You mean other than ttrick version? He posted it above, unless you're looking for something lighterweight.
Oh it's actually on the first page, huh, I heard that the dev didn't share the duf files so I thought it wouldn't be on here.
Guess I was wrong.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Oh it's actually on the first page, huh, I heard that the dev didn't share the duf files so I thought it wouldn't be on here.
Guess I was wrong.
unfortunately he hasnt shared Alex or Emily yet.... but I'm 80% sure Emily is some combination of Annabelle and a Bluejaunte skin.

BlackClaws

Aug 29, 2017
Only assets for Ann I can't figure out are:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Emrys/Misc/PBM-E3DFemaleAnatomy.dsf

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/kaluma/LeLick-Morphs/Nose_1.dsf NVM, I found it

Reactions: fred9320

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Back on page two of this thread I uploaded a morph for Vanessa, at the time I did not have a way or really understand how HD morphs worked. None of the packages (Zev0 X-Transfer, Riversoft Character Converter) deal with HD morphs at all. They simply ignore HD morphs. They only work at base resolutions.

I found a couple of add-ons to Blender and ZBrush that let you import/create/export the necessary .dhdm files that represent an HD moprh. That was a good start if you are modifying the character yourself. I was looking for a way to use the HD morphs without having to create my own.

What I am going to write only applies to Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 conversions. If your original character is an HD character, you can add back the HD moprh after you create your converted character by copying one or more files and adding a single line to each .dsf file. It works because the meshes are the same between Genesis 3 and Genesis 8. I have not tried this on a Genesis 8.1 and because of the complete reconstruction of Genesis 3/8 to Genesis 9, this method will not work.

I tried this out on my Vanessa model. Since Vanessa is basically P3Designs Dewi with some extra morphs, I examined the morphs from P3D and found several .dhdm files in /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/P3Design/Dewi. They are FHMDewi.dhdm, FBMDewi.dhdm, MCM_P3DDewiNipples.dhdm. I tested only the head and body HD morphs, ignoring the nipple moprh.

I copied the head and body files to the same directory I had my Vanessa morphs stored. I renamed them to match the names I had chosen for the Vanessa full head and body morphs. That was the easy part. Now, you need to edit the .dsf files to include a line that allows the morph to load the HD file. At the bottom of the modifier_library >> morph section you add the following line
Code:
"hd_url" : the name of your copied .dhdm in quotes.
In my case I added
Code:
"hd_url" : "/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/M4dSk1llz/Fan%20Art/Long%20Story%20Short/FBM_Vanessa_LSS_Original.dhdm"
You must also add a ',' character to the end of the '}' line above this or you will get an error and the morph won't load.
1717249372085.png

I tried this myself and did high resolution renders of P3D Dewi and my version of Vanessa side-by-side and can see no visual differences at sub-division levels of 3 or greater.

Also inspecting the DAZ log.txt file I see no [WARNING] messages loading the newly edited morphs.

Reactions: pafu01