Votes: 494 20.9%
  • Jenny

Votes: 119 5.0%
  • Vanessa

Votes: 683 29.0%

• Total voters

Mist.

Mar 15, 2021
What the fuck is this "Settings" screen?!
Screenshot_20230821_011910_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.png
It's shifted to the right. Part of it is off-screen. Scrolling doesn't work. ...
How am I supposed to configure anything? Yet, there's no problem with the other menus (Save, About, etc.), which are displayed correctly.

Many thanks for porting Ren'Py, but it would be even better if I could use the "Settings" menu.
(PC version on 12" touchscreen, so not large screen but medium screen.)

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
View attachment 2866342
It's shifted to the right. Part of it is off-screen. Scrolling doesn't work. ...
How am I supposed to configure anything? Yet, there's no problem with the other menus (Save, About, etc.), which are displayed correctly.

Many thanks for porting Ren'Py, but it would be even better if I could use the "Settings" menu.
No idea what you have there, but my settings menu doesn't have Sound Volume, as there is no sound in the game at all atm. You must be using a modified version. My settings menu looks like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mist.

Mar 15, 2021
pc, mac, android, compressed, .............?
PC version but on tablet, so medium screen (12") and touchscreen. This is the regular, uncompressed version.

No idea what you have there, but my settings menu doesn't have Sound Volume, as there is no sound in the game at all atm. You must be using a modified version.
This is not a modified version. I use a personal mod to replace the original quick menu, which is far too limited on touch screens, in almost all games. Via the "config.has_sound" variable, the game detects that my Quick Menu buttons use sounds and automatically activates Sound Volume in settings menu. But even without my "Quick Menu Mod", the problem remains the same.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Another problem: the background of the dialog box hides the Quick Menu. The more you increase the opacity of the dialog box, the less you see the Quick Menu buttons. The Quick menu should be on top of the dialog box, not the other way around.

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
This is not a modified version. I use a personal mod to replace the original quick menu
This sounds like a contradiction... if you change something in the game, regardless if it's your own personal mod or someone else's mod, it's a modification. Anyway, not a big deal. I ran the emulator for tablet and saw that it does break for that device. Give this a try and let me know if you have better luck.

quick menu, which is far too limited on touch screens, in almost all games.
I'm open to suggestions for the quick menu if you'd like to make them.

Also...
No need to be so aggressive :HideThePain: If you see a problem in the port, just let me know and I'll take a look. Keep in mind I do this for free in my spare time and for fun. (All the links to Patreon and SS are not mine and point to the official developer).

Mist.

Mar 15, 2021
This sounds like a contradiction... if you change something in the game, regardless if it's your own personal mod or someone else's mod, it's a modification. Anyway, not a big deal. I ran the emulator for tablet and saw that it does break for that device. Give this a try and let me know if you have better luck. Mega

I'm open to suggestions for the quick menu if you'd like to make them.

Also...

No need to be so aggressive :HideThePain: If you see a problem in the port, just let me know and I'll take a look. Keep in mind I do this for free in my spare time and for fun. (All the links to Patreon and SS are not mine and point to the official developer).
It's not a PC version, but that's okay. I extracted and renamed "x-screens.rpyc" to "screens.rpyc", and placed it in "/game/scripts/screens". The Settings menu works and I can access the dialog box's opacity slider.
Thank you.(y) :giggle:

As for the "Rollback Side" option that you removed, I recommend that you reinstate it in your next version. Touchscreen users will thank you of it, whatever them OS. And those who aren't interested will just leave it on "Disable".

For the Quick Menu, Ren'Py only defaults to 4 buttons on the touchscreens (Back, Skip, Auto, Menu). The "Hide" button is essential but absent by default. I also use the "Q.Save" and "Q.Load" buttons. Many use them and many don't. (The Quick Menu I've created lets me choose which buttons to display and the font size.)

P.s.: GetOutOfMyLab, Sorry if my 1st message seemed aggressive, it wasn't. I use software to translate my messages into English before sending them. I try to use simple sentences for better translation, but it doesn't always work. A joke can be taken as an insult. Or, as here, astonishment can be mistaken for aggression. Sometimes it even adds or removes a negation, radically changing the meaning of the sentence. All this to say that it wasn't deliberate.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It's not a PC version, but that's okay. I extracted and renamed "x-screens.rpyc" to "screens.rpyc", and placed it in "/game/scripts/screens". The Settings menu works and I can access the dialog box's opacity slider.
Thank you.(y) :giggle:
(y)

As for the "Rollback Side" option that you removed, I recommend that you reinstate it in your next version. Touchscreen users will thank you of it, whatever them OS. And those who aren't interested will just leave it on "Disable".
I didn't remove this, Ren'Py no longer generates those options for settings. However, I do implement gestures: swipe left = rollback, swipe right = skip, swipe down = toggle show/hide screens, swipe left then right = game menu.

For the Quick Menu, Ren'Py only defaults to 4 buttons on the touchscreens (Back, Skip, Auto, Menu). The "Hide" button is essential but absent by default. I also use the "Q.Save" and "Q.Load" buttons. Many use them and many don't. (The Quick Menu I've created lets me choose which buttons to display and the font size.)
As mentioned above, swipe down will do the function of Hide. I might consider the other suggestions.

P.s.: GetOutOfMyLab, Sorry if my 1st message seemed aggressive, it wasn't. I use software to translate my messages into English before sending them. I try to use simple sentences for better translation, but it doesn't always work. A joke can be taken as an insult. Or, as here, astonishment can be mistaken for aggression. Sometimes it even adds or removes a negation, radically changing the meaning of the sentence. All this to say that it wasn't deliberate.
I understand, not a problem. It's difficult to tell sometimes when reading text. (y)

Reactions: Mist.
4.60 star(s) 10 Votes