Seeking Looking for games that have a good story/story development

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
Looking for games that have a good story and aren't all about sex. I have played a lot of them i have found from other forums asking for games like this the only issue is half of the ones mentioned in other forums are abandoned.
I am looking for Male protagonist games that done have ntr or swinging doesn't have to be a harem game.
Games i have played that are story first more or less (in my opinion)
WIP: Artemis, Summer's Gone, STWA: Unbroken, Hillside, My New Memories, Chasing Sunsets, The Seven Realms, One Day at a Time, City of Broken Dreamers, Leaving DNA, Price of Power, Intertwined, Isabella - Dark Paths, Eternum
Complete: Once in a Lifetime, Leap of Faith, Now & Then, Melody, Acting Lessons, STWA: The Author, Reclusive Bay
not going to list abandoned or onhold games since i don't really like playing them since there is pretty much no chance they will ever be completed most of the time.

pretty much looking for any story driven avn's that dont revolve solely around sex or at least have a good setup that leads to sex.

Mar 21, 2023
Ah, games with a good story, a fellow user after my own heart I see. :cool: Oddly enough, I'm currently in the middle of playing Reclusive Bay myself. I think it's pretty good.

Jaike has already mentioned Long Live the Princess and Terminus Reach: Sentinel, which I can also recommend as well. As for some other ones that I can think of...

After the Inferno - https://f95zone.to/threads/after-the-inferno-v1-0-classy-lemon.84610/
Callisto - https://f95zone.to/threads/callisto-v1-00-xavster.34378/
EraStorm #1: SandStorm - https://f95zone.to/threads/sandstorm-erastorm-saga-1-v2-01-gleenx-studio.70133/

Also, I think the fully completed version of The Entrepreneur just became released the other day, so I shall add it here as well. You might, however, need to wait a bit for the updated walkthrough, if you need something like that.

The Entrepreneur - https://f95zone.to/threads/the-entrepreneur-ep-4-mistermaya.90112/

Mist has a pretty good storyline, but the sex themes (dominant/submissive power play) weren't really my cup of tea. I finished it and generally enjoyed it for the story, so perhaps you might, too?

Mist - https://f95zone.to/threads/mist-v1-0-3-395games.42509/

I won't mention the abandoned ones since you have expressed that you don't like to play those, but I have played a couple of pretty good ones so far. Let us know if you change your mind. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkness2020

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
yea i meant don't guess i missed that when i checked for typos.
Long Live the Princess is on my list and has been for a while now so i will give it a look.
Sanguine Rose. Don't really like 2d games.
Sorcerer. Played it a few month ago was pretty good super long took me like 40+ hours to play it.
Terminus Reach: Sentinel. Not really into the whole alien thing.
Defending Lydia Collier. I have played it but haven't played the last few updates don't really know why.
Halfway House. Played the first 9 episodes haven't gotten around to playing 10 yet.
Love of Magic. I tried it in the past played about a quarter of book 1 didn't really care for it.
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2. Same as the first not really into the whole alien thing.
Tune in to the show. I am in the middle of playing in right now pretty good so far.

but thanks for the recommendations. I have played way to many avn's so its kind of hard for me to find decent ones to play getting close to the 200 area played in the last year and a half so yea.

Played up to chapter 2 of Broken promises waiting for the full version of chapter 3 since it will require a restart after that is released.
Currently playing Color of my Sound last time i played i was around the end of chapter 1 so far its pretty good.
Surprisingly never heard of A Father's Sins or Dropout Saga i will check them out.
Played both Sicae and My Bully is My Lover NiiChan is really good at telling a story in my opinion.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Ah, games with a good story, a fellow user after my own heart I see. :cool: Oddly enough, I'm currently in the middle of playing Reclusive Bay myself. I think it's pretty good.

Jaike has already mentioned Long Live the Princess and Terminus Reach: Sentinel, which I can also recommend as well. As for some other ones that I can think of...

After the Inferno - https://f95zone.to/threads/after-the-inferno-v1-0-classy-lemon.84610/
Callisto - https://f95zone.to/threads/callisto-v1-00-xavster.34378/
EraStorm #1: SandStorm - https://f95zone.to/threads/sandstorm-erastorm-saga-1-v2-01-gleenx-studio.70133/

Also, I think the fully completed version of The Entrepreneur just became released the other day, so I shall add it here as well. You might, however, need to wait a bit for the updated walkthrough, if you need something like that.

The Entrepreneur - https://f95zone.to/threads/the-entrepreneur-ep-4-mistermaya.90112/

Mist has a pretty good storyline, but the sex themes (dominant/submissive power play) weren't really my cup of tea. I finished it and generally enjoyed it for the story, so perhaps you might, too?

Mist - https://f95zone.to/threads/mist-v1-0-3-395games.42509/

I won't mention the abandoned ones since you have expressed that you don't like to play those, but I have played a couple of pretty good ones so far. Let us know if you change your mind. :)
Haven't played After the Inferno i will give it a look i tried the other game by that dev Project: Passion the little i have played so far was pretty good.
as a said about Terminus Reach 1 and 2 not really into the alien thing so Callisto doesn't look like my thing.
EraStorm. Based on the tags it has unavoidable ntr which isn't my thing.
Played the first 3 episodes of The Entrepreneur waiting on the bug fixed version to be released and a walkthrough mod hopefully since i would like to try the different paths and if its left up to me i will most likely pick the same choices again not realizing it but when the bug fixed version is released here i will play through it all again.
I tried mist a while ago didn't really like it.

Thanks for the recommendations if you guys can think of any more send them my way as i said before kind of hard for me to find stuff i haven't played or at least tried in the genres i like so would appreciate any help in finding new games i can get.

Haven't updated it in a while but if you want to know about 80% of the avn's i have played check out my recommendations list.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023
EraStorm. Based on the tags it has unavoidable ntr which isn't my thing.

I tried mist a while ago didn't really like it.

First off, you're welcome!

Well, I agree Mist has elements that aren't for everyone, lol. I definitely could do without most of the sex scenes in that game, but that's me. I did enjoy the overall theme of apocalyptic adventures, and the sandbox and combat parts.

I'm trying to remember if the "NTR" was avoidable or not in EraStorm. I've only played the first game SandStorm once so far, and I chose Rion as my romantic path for my first gameplay. I think it all depends on what you consider as "NTR", but based on the choices I made during the game, I personally didn't see anything I would consider as "NTR" per se. Again, it totally depends. Plus I haven't played the second game yet, so I won't be able to tell you what happens in SnowStorm. Doesn't look like that one comes with the "netorare" tag, however. I could also get into some of the details of the first game a bit more, but I also don't want to end up giving away spoilers. Let me know if you want to know more.

Now, there's this other VN I just finished called Toro 7. I understand you're not into aliens, and technically this doesn't involve any "aliens", however, it is a sci-fi game and it does deal with humans living and working in a facility on Europa, away from Earth. It's not super long, but it's an interesting story, nonetheless. Let me link it to you just in case.

Toro 7 - https://f95zone.to/threads/toro-7-ep-7-tora-productions.111945/

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
First off, you're welcome!

Well, I agree Mist has elements that aren't for everyone, lol. I definitely could do without most of the sex scenes in that game, but that's me. I did enjoy the overall theme of apocalyptic adventures, and the sandbox and combat parts.

I'm trying to remember if the "NTR" was avoidable or not in EraStorm. I've only played the first game SandStorm once so far, and I chose Rion as my romantic path for my first gameplay. I think it all depends on what you consider as "NTR", but based on the choices I made during the game, I personally didn't see anything I would consider as "NTR" per se. Again, it totally depends. Plus I haven't played the second game yet, so I won't be able to tell you what happens in SnowStorm. Doesn't look like that one comes with the "netorare" tag, however. I could also get into some of the details of the first game a bit more, but I also don't want to end up giving away spoilers. Let me know if you want to know more.

Now, there's this other VN I just finished called Toro 7. I understand you're not into aliens, and technically this doesn't involve any "aliens", however, it is a sci-fi game and it does deal with humans living and working in a facility on Europa, away from Earth. It's not super long, but it's an interesting story, nonetheless. Let me link it to you just in case.

Toro 7 - https://f95zone.to/threads/toro-7-ep-7-tora-productions.111945/
Yea i played a bit of mist didn't really care for the story. after i played a bit and figured out i didn't like it i used a gallery unlocker to see if it was even worth playing for the sex scenes and the dialogue in them wasn't good.

If you like games that are apocalyptic adventure type games check out Now & Then (Complete) and Price of Power (WIP).
Now & Then is set in a type of zombie apocalypse. Price of power is most likely not considered an apocalyptic adventure but it does take place a few hundred years after a war wipes out most of the human population so personally i would consider it as an apocalyptic story.

I have looked at Toro 7 a few times it looks like it would be good only thing i don't like is it's a female protagonist also not that big of a fan of futa/trans stuff but i can live with it in most cases.

Mar 21, 2023
If you like games that are apocalyptic adventure type games check out Now & Then (Complete)
Now & Then, YES!! Well, it's one of my all-time favourites besides Leap of Faith. I see you've also played Melody. That one was my very first introduction to the realm of AVN's, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to play it.

Say, since you've played Melody, have you also considered giving Dating My Daughter a try? It's by the same developer. I have played it, and I did it in a way so that the gameplay was more primary-LI (daughter) focused, with the main secondary LI being her best friend. Worked out rather well for me, though, I now wish I'd included an older female (Georgina) in the mix just so the daughter would have a stable "mother-figure" in the household. Anyway, it's worth looking into in my opinion.

Sounds interesting! I will check that one out when it's completed.

I like to play games that are either completed, or abandoned. About my inclination to play abandoned games, it may sound weird I know, lol. But I'd rather play something and not have to wait about a year for the next update. Either that, or I'd prefer to play something that comes with a "supposed idea" that I likely wouldn't need to wait since they'd already been abandoned. That's not to say that I'm not hopeful, because I definitely remain hopeful that some of my favourite projects with the "abandoned" tag at this present time will someday be completed.

I have looked at Toro 7 a few times it looks like it would be good only thing i don't like is it's a female protagonist also not that big of a fan of futa/trans stuff but i can live with it in most cases.
Oh, don't worry about that. With Toro 7, you actually have a choice to play as a heterosexual male. That's what I did. You also have the option to play as a female, one choice would be heterosexual and the other lesbian. As long as you choose the male MC, you will only have to choose one of the three LI's. I personally chose Oriana because I found her to fit my personal preferences the most.

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
Now & Then, YES!! Well, it's one of my all-time favourites besides Leap of Faith. I see you've also played Melody. That one was my very first introduction to the realm of AVN's, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to play it.

Say, since you've played Melody, have you also considered giving Dating My Daughter a try? It's by the same developer. I have played it, and I did it in a way so that the gameplay was more primary-LI (daughter) focused, with the main secondary LI being her best friend. Worked out rather well for me, though, I now wish I'd included an older female (Georgina) in the mix just so the daughter would have a stable "mother-figure" in the household. Anyway, it's worth looking into in my opinion.

Sounds interesting! I will check that one out when it's completed.

I like to play games that are either completed, or abandoned. About my inclination to play abandoned games, it may sound weird I know, lol. But I'd rather play something and not have to wait about a year for the next update. Either that, or I'd prefer to play something that comes with a "supposed idea" that I likely wouldn't need to wait since they'd already been abandoned. That's not to say that I'm not hopeful, because I definitely remain hopeful that some of my favourite projects with the "abandoned" tag at this present time will someday be completed.

Oh, don't worry about that. With Toro 7, you actually have a choice to play as a heterosexual male. That's what I did. You also have the option to play as a female, one choice would be heterosexual and the other lesbian. As long as you choose the male MC, you will only have to choose one of the three LI's. I personally chose Oriana because I found her to fit my personal preferences the most.
Leap of Faith was actually my first introduction to AVN's probably why i like story centered games over sex centered games.
Now & Then is one of my all-time favorites as well. If you haven't check out the dev's new game The Interim Domain its not as good as Now & Then but i have probably only played up to around the content released with 09.0 and so far its decent.

I have played the first 2 chapters of Dating My Daughter and probably a quarter of chapter 3 then i kind of lost interest its one i am going to finish at some point because i enjoyed it so far. My playthrough of DMD actually is the way you wished you would have done yours (Daughter her best friend and Georgina) it has been pretty good like that with what i have played so far.

According to the dev of Price is Power its going to be around 26-30 chapters and its on ch18 right now if he sticks to his current production time a new update is out every 2-2.5 months so its not that bad most likely will be done 2025-26 so that's a bit of a wait to play it when completed but if he keeps it up it will be worth it. Honestly think i have laughed more playing Price of Power than i did playing Leap of Faith so if that says anything its a pretty good game.

Guess i missed the male protagonist tag on Toro 7 i will download it and give it a try.

Mar 21, 2023
If you haven't check out the dev's new game The Interim Domain its not as good as Now & Then but i have probably only played up to around the content released with 09.0 and so far its decent.
According to the dev of Price is Power its going to be around 26-30 chapters and its on ch18 right now if he sticks to his current production time a new update is out every 2-2.5 months so its not that bad most likely will be done 2025-26 so that's a bit of a wait to play it when completed but if he keeps it up it will be worth it. Honestly think i have laughed more playing Price of Power than i did playing Leap of Faith so if that says anything its a pretty good game.
That's okay, I'm pretty patient, lol. In fact, I've been patiently waiting for other games like Desert Stalker, Sunshine Love, Being a DIK, and Eternum, as well.

My playthrough of DMD actually is the way you wished you would have done yours (Daughter her best friend and Georgina) it has been pretty good like that with what i have played so far.
That's cool, I definitely wanted to include Elena because she's my favourite character in DMD. I do prefer small boobs after all. I also kind of had a soft spot for the redhead (Jennifer, was it?) but the way her path became available just didn't sit well with me, so I ended up leaving her be. I'm playing a couple of other games at the moment, but at some point I'd definitely play DMD again and include Georgina this time around.

MrDots has since released the fantasy scenes collection in which there is supposed to be at least one with another one of my favourite character Ruby. I might even check that one out right after I'm done with the games I'm playing right now.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I'd add these games:

First and foremost:

- EVERYTHING made by Tlaero & Mortze (Tora Productions)

Secondly, the games in my signature:

- Corporate Culture
- Summer Scent

Thirdly,

- A Long Journey (SF story)
- Circumstances (warning: heavy themes)
- Friends in Need (very well written characters!!)
- La Fille de la Zone (SF story - a bit weird)
- Pale Carnations (quite morbid: it contains BDSM, bukkake, humiliation, prostitution)
- Rebirth (a vampire story) - with reservations: like every Ptolemy story, it starts ok, then it goes south
- Reunion (by Mr Georgie) - a complete game
- Rovering to Sussex (warning: it contains avoidable niche fetishes - voyeurism, pissing)
- The Intoxicating Flavor
- The Bite - Revenant (a vampire story)

Reactions: DavyCroquette

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
I'd add these games:

First and foremost:

- EVERYTHING made by Tlaero & Mortze (Tora Productions)

Secondly, the games in my signature:

- Corporate Culture
- Summer Scent

Thirdly,

- A Long Journey (SF story)
- Circumstances (warning: heavy themes)
- Friends in Need (very well written characters!!)
- La Fille de la Zone (SF story - a bit weird)
- Pale Carnations (quite morbid: it contains BDSM, bukkake, humiliation, prostitution)
- Rebirth (a vampire story) - with reservations: like every Ptolemy story, it starts ok, then it goes south
- Reunion (by Mr Georgie) - a complete game
- Rovering to Sussex (warning: it contains avoidable niche fetishes - voyeurism, pissing)
- The Intoxicating Flavor
- The Bite - Revenant (a vampire story)
I have looked at some of the games from Tora Productions before if the graphics where better I would play them but I got messed up eyes and I cant play a lot of the older AVN's because it gives me headaches also the reason why I don't like most 2d games.

I have played Corporate Culture and I am in the middle of Summer Scent both of them are pretty good so far.

A Long Journey is one of the few Unity games I have played its pretty good.

Circumstances looks decent I will check it out after it gets a few more updates. I usually try not to start playing a game until around update 5-7 so it has a decent bit of content.

I have played Friends in Need its one of my favorites the dev has done a pretty good job so far writing the characters as you said the story it also pretty good.

La Fille de la Zone looks interesting haven't seen that many zombie survival AVN's that look decent I will check it out.

Pale Carnations is pretty good its probably the only game with "NTR" elements I have played and actually enjoyed.

I have though about playing Rebirth a few times I liked the devs other game (Life with Mary) just haven't gotten around to it i will give it a try.

I probably won't try Reunion (by Mr Georgie) because its 2d and as stated above don't really play 2d games since they mess with my eyes and give me headaches most of the time.

I downloaded The Intoxicating Flavor a while back liked it but for some reason stopped playing it can't really remember why i will re-visit it see if i like it.

I have looked at The Bite - Revenant a few times haven't got around to playing it yet I will check it out.

Thanks for the recommendations if you have any more send them my way.

Reactions: DavyCroquette

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I have looked at some of the games from Tora Productions before if the graphics where better I would play them but I got messed up eyes and I cant play a lot of the older AVN's because it gives me headaches also the reason why I don't like most 2d games.

I have played Corporate Culture and I am in the middle of Summer Scent both of them are pretty good so far.

A Long Journey is one of the few Unity games I have played its pretty good.

Circumstances looks decent I will check it out after it gets a few more updates. I usually try not to start playing a game until around update 5-7 so it has a decent bit of content.

I have played Friends in Need its one of my favorites the dev has done a pretty good job so far writing the characters as you said the story it also pretty good.

La Fille de la Zone looks interesting haven't seen that many zombie survival AVN's that look decent I will check it out.

Pale Carnations is pretty good its probably the only game with "NTR" elements I have played and actually enjoyed.

I have though about playing Rebirth a few times I liked the devs other game (Life with Mary) just haven't gotten around to it i will give it a try.

I probably won't try Reunion (by Mr Georgie) because its 2d and as stated above don't really play 2d games since they mess with my eyes and give me headaches most of the time.

I downloaded The Intoxicating Flavor a while back liked it but for some reason stopped playing it can't really remember why i will re-visit it see if i like it.

I have looked at The Bite - Revenant a few times haven't got around to playing it yet I will check it out.

Thanks for the recommendations if you have any more send them my way.
Circumstances: a new chapter (0.3) just came out, but no one has uploaded here on F95 yet. The Author has 7 patrons only... so, fingers crossed.

The Intoxicating Flavor: the Author reworked (improved CGs and dialogues' comprehensions - less "engrish") the first 2 chapters and he just released a new chapter (not uploaded here on F95 yet).

New recommendations:

- Shards of the past (story driven fantasy: no sex scenes yet, we have an elf girl as a love interest)
- Time implosion (very interesting occult story; warning: the author put it on hold and started working on a new VN).

Merlin-Magic

Jan 28, 2024
Looking for games that have a good story and aren't all about sex. I have played a lot of them i have found from other forums asking for games like this the only issue is half of the ones mentioned in other forums are abandoned.
I am looking for Male protagonist games that done have ntr or swinging doesn't have to be a harem game.
Games i have played that are story first more or less (in my opinion)
WIP: Artemis, Summer's Gone, STWA: Unbroken, Hillside, My New Memories, Chasing Sunsets, The Seven Realms, One Day at a Time, City of Broken Dreamers, Leaving DNA, Price of Power, Intertwined, Isabella - Dark Paths, Eternum
Complete: Once in a Lifetime, Leap of Faith, Now & Then, Melody, Acting Lessons, STWA: The Author, Reclusive Bay
not going to list abandoned or onhold games since i don't really like playing them since there is pretty much no chance they will ever be completed most of the time.

pretty much looking for any story driven avn's that dont revolve solely around sex or at least have a good setup that leads to sex.
I do not think it has been listed but Glowing Stones Hero's Awakening is a really good story https://f95zone.to/threads/glowing-stones-heroes-awakening-ep-4.193940/. It is kind of new but I really love the story already. Also some of the best animations I have ever seen.