desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
A history lesson.

Sihil, the dev of this game, was brought on as the writer of the original game (not at the beginning, but later on I think). The main dev who did the renders and shit flaked out and quit. There was some drama that I can't remember, but basically the original dev didn't help in any way for Sihil to take over or continue the game, AFAIK.

Sihil has spent a long time learning how to do renders and stuff. I believe the plan is to complete this shorter length spin off, and then work on rebooting the original game.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Seems kind of pointless.
Maybe not. If one reads the posts above it appears the intention of this short spinoff is to give Sihil practice rendering characters so the original game can return to production.

fromabove

Jul 2, 2020
Some people in F95, I swear... :FacePalm:

MASSIVE respect to Sihil for maintaining motivation in a situation where many writers would've been disheartened and called it quits, and for riding the steep learning curve of Daz in order to finish the job as a solo effort. That is a level of determination you rarely see among VN devs. I'm not the biggest fan of LoI, but I'll give credit where credit is due.

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
Without That Previous Milf i wont Play this -I realy wanted Mc to Bang his Hot Mommy :confused:
Now new version prob wont last long (y)
Wish Dev Could Finish Previous Game beter that Milf Needs his Son :love:(y)

• Angry
Reactions: tachini

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
It is exceedingly odd to see a spinoff of an abandoned game, but who the fuck am I kidding? I know I'm going to download it so I might as well stop bitching. The first game was just mean-spirited enough to tickle my sweet spot.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
It is exceedingly odd to see a spinoff of an abandoned game, but who the fuck am I kidding? I know I'm going to download it so I might as well stop bitching. The first game was just mean-spirited enough to tickle my sweet spot.
I'm not sure it's an actual spin off, it's a prologue it seems.
I'm not entirely sure what the fuck really happened, but someone posted this earlier:

A history lesson.

Sihil, the dev of this game, was brought on as the writer of the original game (not at the beginning, but later on I think). The main dev who did the renders and shit flaked out and quit. There was some drama that I can't remember, but basically the original dev didn't help in any way for Sihil to take over or continue the game, AFAIK.

Sihil has spent a long time learning how to do renders and stuff. I believe the plan is to complete this shorter length spin off, and then work on rebooting the original game.
If that is indeed what has happened, then I don't really see any issues with this game existing. A prologue does leave some wiggle room to experiment, without destroying the main game if something goes to shit :).

LVXS

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited for it... but I'm a little disappointed it's not the same characters and story. I'm guessing the dude who used to run the other game was no help at all. Still going to give it a try, good luck :)

• Angry
Reactions: tachini

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Maybe that explanation should be in the OP. At the very least it will stop some of the would be irrational flamers, and give others an idea of what's going on.

Reactions: Skyangel007

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
At this point, maybe this should be merged to the main game's thread, and the abandoned tag removed?

I'm not sure how this should be dealt with to be honest. If the history lesson post is true, I believe this would be more than acceptable/appropriate.

I'll report my own post (this one), so the mods can look at the thread, and decide on what's best :)

IF the threads are merged, a clear comment on the OP regarding the situation, would probably be advisable though, to avoid confusion and postings and so on.

Skyangel007

Jan 14, 2018
Then it's not abandoned, is it?
Does that mean you will continue the game eventually under the same name or will make a separate sequel?
Also why this spinoff? does it elaborate things in the sequel or something?

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Ok guys, one more time

This spin-off is being made in preparation for the future reboot of Lord Of Imagination, yes that game is coming back, no, it's not abandoned, Sihil is using this proyect to improve his rendering skills, the main game will be rebooted after this spin-off is completed.